Forum > Fabrication

Cheapest option to convert wood bandsaw to metal

(1/1)

PhilStubbs:
I have a wood bandsaw that I got a smoking deal on. But I need it for metal. Anyone know if any cheap reduction gear boxes that would work well for this situation? I originally thought about doing it with pullies, but it will end up taking up a lot of space.

MTZ:

--- Quote from: PhilStubbs on October 05, 2021, 06:56:08 PM ---I have a wood bandsaw that I got a smoking deal on. But I need it for metal. Anyone know if any cheap reduction gear boxes that would work well for this situation? I originally thought about doing it with pullies, but it will end up taking up a lot of space.

--- End quote ---

you mentioned pullies and that reminded me of how my drill press uses them to adjust speeds(from the factory) it does take up space but i bet you can work something out

PhilStubbs:

--- Quote from: MTZ on October 08, 2021, 09:23:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: PhilStubbs on October 05, 2021, 06:56:08 PM ---I have a wood bandsaw that I got a smoking deal on. But I need it for metal. Anyone know if any cheap reduction gear boxes that would work well for this situation? I originally thought about doing it with pullies, but it will end up taking up a lot of space.

--- End quote ---

you mentioned pullies and that reminded me of how my drill press uses them to adjust speeds(from the factory) it does take up space but i bet you can work something out

--- End quote ---

I already did the calculations on making it work with pullies and the one on the motor would be super tiny and the one on the saw would be so big it isn't realistic. This setup would need multiple pullies to get to the correct speed and take up a ton of room. Ideally I was hoping to find a worm gear box or something like that to use. Everything I have seen costs as much as just buying the right saw though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version