Forum > General Discussion

Dude, bros...

<< < (2/3) > >>

92CXyD:

--- Quote from: colt45 on October 12, 2021, 08:28:07 PM ---Found the fuel pump is not getting appropriate voltage at the plug.  Staytined for laughs though.

--- End quote ---

Ground for fuel pump under driver seat been disturbed or loose?

colt45:
The grounds to the driver seat had been clearly cut and soldered and then over heated.  Found a circuit trace in the main relay blown.  I ran new larger gauge wire for the fuel pump grounds and soldered in a jumper over the blown out trace in the  main relay.  Only 1 relay pulls in in the main relay.  The I'm thinking the relay soldered to the board may be dead also. 

92CXyD:

--- Quote from: colt45 on October 13, 2021, 08:19:43 PM ---The grounds to the driver seat had been clearly cut and soldered and then over heated.  Found a circuit trace in the main relay blown.  I ran new larger gauge wire for the fuel pump grounds and soldered in a jumper over the blown out trace in the  main relay.  Only 1 relay pulls in in the main relay.  The I'm thinking the relay soldered to the board may be dead also.

--- End quote ---

talking about in ecu?

colt45:
The main relay has two relays internal to it.  Using the manual amd a multimeter, I proved the main relay is fine.  Fuse 44 in the engine bay fuse box was missing.  Replaced it and it popped when I tried it again.  Now I'm down to troubleshooting via process of elimination to find the short.  I'll let you know how it goes.

MTZ:

--- Quote from: colt45 on October 14, 2021, 06:17:25 AM ---The main relay has two relays internal to it.  Using the manual amd a multimeter, I proved the main relay is fine.  Fuse 44 in the engine bay fuse box was missing.  Replaced it and it popped when I tried it again.  Now I'm down to troubleshooting via process of elimination to find the short.  I'll let you know how it goes.

--- End quote ---

if you have a working car around id try a different main relay, i've had issues like you are having and rather than chase a ghost its good to know its a working part you can test in a different car. i also wired the pump directly and what not but never could trust that relay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version