Forum > General Discussion

I'm an idiot

(1/1)

n/a mike:
The title was to get you to open the thread...
Ok, so my front brakes have been making the squealing from the low pad indicator thing for a little while. Last weekend they started grinding randomly (not everytime I break) so I figured I should probably change the pads before the rotors got damaged.

I go get some cheapo VatoZone pads.
Grab my daughter so she can learn to do brake pads.
When I take the pads off there is a shit ton of life left in them.
At least 50% thickness left.

Any clue what else could have possibly made a brake grinding noise?
Wheel bearings are good, driverside lower ball joint needs replacing.
Everything else is fine.

MTZ:
My wife’s GLC 300 has this same problem everything is within operating standards and she’s a squealer, sort of makes Me want to jump in the Acura... Makes one seem like a poor Bastard chasing the last brake 😅😂😂

92CXyD:
Have similar issue with my 1g Integra, it was/is a caliper not moving freely on slides. (is b/c I diagnosed the issue, but not fixing until damn outside temps get above 60deg for longer than a minute)  :noel:

n/a mike:

--- Quote from: 92CXyD on April 15, 2022, 09:12:33 AM ---Have similar issue with my 1g Integra, it was/is a caliper not moving freely on slides. (is b/c I diagnosed the issue, but not fixing until damn outside temps get above 60deg for longer than a minute)  :noel:
--- End quote ---
It took me 4 weeks to pull the pads off because it's either been raining or 100° here.
Finally got a good 70° day and the fucking old pads looked almost new.

So you think maybe the caliper not sliding properly?
It hasn't done it since I pulled out the old pads and reinstalled the old pads.  Maybe the caliper was hung up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version