Forum > General Discussion

Any one know how to set up a Honda Bseries for reverse rotation?

(1/2) > >>

fastivab6tg25mr:
My buddy has a GSR in his garage and we want to swap it into his 68 Datsun wagon. There used to be quite a few RWD set up reverse rotation B Series around but there doesn't seem to be any information on how to make it happen. I'm sure it's not as simple as swapping intake and exhaust cams and putting the timing belt tensioner on the other side of the block. Any leads or input is appreciated.

92CXyD:

--- Quote from: fastivab6tg25mr on March 14, 2024, 11:50:58 AM ---My buddy has a GSR in his garage and we want to swap it into his 68 Datsun wagon. There used to be quite a few RWD set up reverse rotation B Series around but there doesn't seem to be any information on how to make it happen. I'm sure it's not as simple as swapping intake and exhaust cams and putting the timing belt tensioner on the other side of the block. Any leads or input is appreciated.

--- End quote ---

I remember a VW rabbit with a D16, and VW bug with an H22 somewhere on here  :?:

random-strike:
the VW transmissions spin the opposite way or some shit

fastivab6tg25mr:
I found references to the vw builds but not the actual builds. I'm curious if it would be possible to make a 1:1 gear drive and run the cams in the normal reverse rotation while changing the crank direction.

PhilStubbs:
You wouldn't swap the cams, just re-time them for the reverse rotation. The ramp up and down on the lobes would be funky but would work. My main concern would be the oil pump though. Seems like it wouldn't work backwards. Electric water pump would handle the water pump rotation hurdle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version