:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oil sump baffling tips?  (Read 3837 times)

TTC

• Certified OG
Oil sump baffling tips?
« on: June 13, 2010, 08:31:09 PM »

I'm going to extend the capacity of my oil pan and weld in some baffles. I'm thinking of ordering this

and retrofitting it to my car. Any cheaper ideas? A few people use door hinges ect

So im assuming the idea is that the doors stay closed till oil level within the boxed area drops, then the resovoirs fill it, and it also prevents sloshing?

rsmith2786

• Certified OG
Re: Oil sump baffling tips?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 10:29:44 PM »

The doors let the oil flow into the box but not out.  That way when you're cornering or accelerating in any direction anything in the box stays in the box.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 11:29:33 AM »

I'd use something a bit lighter like piano hinges. You'd want steel so you can weld them, and many small hinges are brass.

rsmith is right, they act as check valves. If the cover over the box fits very tightly around the oil pickup, it can prevent a good amount of sloshing. Is this for that POS mr2 motor you got?
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

TTC

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 09:49:53 PM »

I'd use something a bit lighter like piano hinges. You'd want steel so you can weld them, and many small hinges are brass.

rsmith is right, they act as check valves. If the cover over the box fits very tightly around the oil pickup, it can prevent a good amount of sloshing. Is this for that POS mr2 motor you got?

Yeah it is, but its not a pos mr2 motor. Its a pos 1.8L out of a newer fwd corolla.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 10:55:13 PM »

Yeah it is, but its not a pos mr2 motor. Its a pos 1.8L out of a newer fwd corolla.

1zzfe or 7afe? ;D

Just curious  ;D

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 11:35:55 PM »

1zzfe or 7afe? ;D

Just curious  ;D

7afe
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 07:58:36 AM »

1zzfe or 7afe? ;D

Just curious  ;D

7afe

A-series motors I always had better luck with than the 1zz for play.

I think its because there is a lot more knowledge out there and the A-series seem to have decent blocks. I'd prefer a quality g-head or a 20v head on one.

But a low budget 7afe turbo build w/ 10 psi boost is nice. :yes:

So are you going to use the 4agze stock pistons for boost? Since they are already coated pistons and lower the compression.

I always wonder why 4age and B16a have the exact same bore and stroke combo? :?:

If the both of these engines have the same bore spacings? :-\

TTC

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 08:42:33 AM »

7afe with a cammed smallport 16v head.

I'm going to use belfab H beam rods with Aria pistons probably.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 10:09:32 AM »

7afe with a cammed smallport 16v head.

I'm going to use belfab H beam rods with Aria pistons probably.

cool

Will there be a build thread?

TTC

• Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 04:00:51 PM »

Yup, only issue now is I can't fund it atm.

Pistons 5bills
rods 450

I figured that much, but apparantly the stock flywheel grenades at 300whp, so that + the weird clutch, tranny concoction ( supra tranny, fwd jdm corolla clutch = big money
Pages: [1]   Go Up