:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rough Idle Nightmares Out the Door....  (Read 13304 times)

Atticus

Rough Idle Nightmares Out the Door....
« on: March 10, 2009, 01:56:39 AM »

a buddy asked me if this works
he found it on http://clubeg6.com  link --- http://clubeg6.com/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&p=138719

since i have not done any thing like this my self im asking you guys.

Quote from: Mr.Tone
I'm posting something i have put together myself after seeing a product on ebay....i don't know if this has been attempted or written as a post before, if it has i'm sorry...so here it goes...

Rough Idle issue...is to my opinion Honda's main issue for swap...i have done everything from top to bottom...and i still has idle issue until a few days ago...i was looking for a FITV on ebay when i fell up on this...( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/B16-B18-Fast-Idle-Thermo-Valve-Block-off-Plate_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42604QQihZ007QQitemZ170228724740QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW )...yes it's design to block off the FITV...so i thought to myself imma try and make one and not buy it through ebay...so i went out and bought a sheet of metal...while driving...i thought again and said i could use JB WELD (JB STICK in this case) to block off the FITV also...so i took two attempt with two different throttle bodies....one is blocked off by JB Stick and one Block off the metal plate i coppied off the ebay item....here is some of the pictures i took while attempting this:

JB STICK....

START OFF BY BLOKING THE FITV IN SIDE THE THROTTLE BODY...THE FITV IS THE LOWER ONE NOT THE UPPER ONE

NEXT GO TO THE BOTTOM WHERE THE FITV USE TO BE LOCATED..(AT THIS TIME THE FITV SHOULD BE OFF AND READY FOR THE GARBAGE CAN...LOL NOT LITERALLY) PLUG UP THE TWO HOLES SHOWN....

NOW TURN THE THROTTLE BODY AROUND AND FILL UP THE TWO HOLES INDICATED WITH JB STICK ALSO....

THIS IS WHERE I F-UP FORGOT TO PLUG THIS HOLE AND AIR WAS LEAKING....JUST GET A BOLT THAT WILL FIT AND PLUG IT UP...

EBAY KNOCK OFF

YOU'LL NEED A SHEET OF METAL...n CUT IT TO SIZE

THICK HIGH THERMO GASKET PAPER...JUST CUT IT IN A RECTANGLE AND MAKE THREE HOLES FOR THE BOLTS TO GO THROUGH(GOT IT AT KRAGEN...PRETTY SURE YOU CAN GET IT ANY AUTO STORE)

A PERMANENT MARKER, HIGH SPEED CUTTER (IF YOU BOUGHT THE ACUTALLY SIZE NOT NEEDED), AND A DRILL

HERE ARE THE RESULTS...IT'S VERY SIMPLE TO DO THIS WITH NO WALKTHROUGHS...RIGHT???...

JUST MAKE SURE THE HOLE YOU DRILL ALIGNED CORRECTLY...IT WAS A PAIN IN THE ASS FOR ME...LOL...

ALSO WITH THIS REMEMBER TO PLUG UP THE FITV WITH JB STICK IF NOT...UR CAR WILL IDLE HIGH...AND PLUG UP THE BOTTOM WHOLE WITH A BOLT...I FORGOT TO AND JUST RAN WITH THE JB STICKED THROTTLE BODY...BECAUSE THE JB STICKED WAS THE SECOND ATTEMPT...IN MY CASE BOTH WAYS SHOULD WORK...MY IDLE IS GOOD NOT MORE ROUGHT IDLEING AND FAST DROP WHEN SLOWING DOWN AND PUTTING IN TO NEUTRAL....HOPE THIS HAS BEEN HELPFUL....ANY QUESTING JUST ASK...

GOOD LUCK TO ALL.....

SAY FCUK YOU FITV.....AND GOOD BYE

Turbo hondas are like crack, you can say no for a little while but one day your gonna have to hit up Tyrone on the corner for a t3/t4.

Adam Hopkins

• Peyton Manning
Re: Rough Idle Nightmares Out the Door....
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 02:53:28 AM »

Even easier than this ghetto tastic epoxy hack job is just taking the 2 8mm/phillips head screws on the back of the FITV. Once you remove the plate you will notice a big white washer with two slots in it. Turn this washer clock wise until it stops. replace plate and you have fixed your FITV problems without a trip to the parts house.
Pages: [1]   Go Up