:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 482.6hp 386Tq of Vitara D series goodness  (Read 15906 times)

catsman50

• perpetual noob
  • im a terrorist
Re: 482.6hp 386Tq of Vitara D series goodness
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2009, 04:24:54 PM »

awesome job Sewell! But its going to be very hard for Eric to go over 500whp. I think his motor could do it pretty dam easily considering what you just did but I don't no if he will want to go that high.

I think if we had a few people around start talking some shit to him hopefully he would allow it.
FUCK VOLKSWAGEN'#039#039S

SDRAWKCAB

• D series BALLA!
  • Certified OG
  • Rhino
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2009, 04:36:46 PM »

Your the man Tom, I will being seeing you soon about my car.
PROPS FOR SCOTT
Scott has always helped me out, If he lived closer to me I would chill with his ass all the time.
hes good people.

I have sex like a winning race car.
I always finish first and have left many disappointed.

QikEnuF

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2009, 10:13:59 PM »

From what I have seen in real life is a typical 50 shot on boost doesnt react like a 50 shot on a non boosted motor

For example:

Old hickman's b16a back in like 1998 was running 10.90's. Barely qualified in the top 16

Ripped off a 50 shot single wet fogger at the track off another car no tuning,no wideband this was before the times when that stuff was open to ever Joe

car laid down 10.30's-10.40's the rest of the weekend and never failed made it to the nhra finals on that bottle that weekend.

Needless to say nitrous on boost makes huge #'s.

Is it the cooling effect?  Or something else?  Always wondered why a 50 shot on a boosted motor is more like a 75 pill

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2009, 11:08:15 PM »

I've always heard it's the extra cooling...

Adam Hopkins

• Peyton Manning
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2009, 11:12:30 PM »

Congrats man! Good work! I might call you next week when I get some free time.

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2009, 12:32:08 AM »

From what I have seen in real life is a typical 50 shot on boost doesnt react like a 50 shot on a non boosted motor

For example:

Old hickman's b16a back in like 1998 was running 10.90's. Barely qualified in the top 16

Ripped off a 50 shot single wet fogger at the track off another car no tuning,no wideband this was before the times when that stuff was open to ever Joe

car laid down 10.30's-10.40's the rest of the weekend and never failed made it to the nhra finals on that bottle that weekend.

Needless to say nitrous on boost makes huge #'s.

Is it the cooling effect?  Or something else?  Always wondered why a 50 shot on a boosted motor is more like a 75 pill

Normally with spray and boost i've seen a 150-225% gain on what the shot was (thats assuming that everything isn't completely choked), gsr with a 35r on a 75shot picked up 140hp. The cooling effect has alot to do with it, you have the power from the shot itself, then the cooling effect, which causes the charge to become ALOT more dense. 

The rule of thumb is that every 10 degrees you can drop IAT's you gain 1% of power, so you take a turbo'd 300hp engine, add 50 from the nitrous, and drop the intake temps from 100 degrees  to -100 degrees so you got 300hp + 60hp(200 degrees of iat drop, 200 x .10= 20% x 300= 60hp) +  50Hp from the nitrous = 410hp , 110hp gain from a 50 shot.     That isn't exact numbers, but a reasonable estimate to explain whats going on.   

I've noticed that the smaller the shot the higher % gain, the law of diminishing returns kicks in because you can only drop the intake temps so much,  which causes me to believe that increase in power from the IAT drop is added to the orginal power level, and then power from the nitrous is added last,    final power= (original power) + (% gain from IAT drop x OP) + (Nitrous)
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2009, 09:06:01 AM »

The cooling effect is the least factor, and hardly worth mentioning.  What is happening is all that extra exhaust mass drives the turbine and increases the unit's pumping efficiency.  The reason why a small shot is more effective is the big shots choke in the exhaust port or turbine.

drunkinmaster1

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2009, 09:38:38 AM »

congrats to you. very motivating to get mine on the dyno to see if she has what she used to show off.
i wanna see some pics

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2009, 10:29:58 AM »

As JD touched on the extra exhaust mass is a big part, but you need to be careful with this. Especially when you are pushing a turbo near the limit. I have had boost go from 42-43psi to 55psi+ with a small shot, and drive pressure go from ~50psi to 80psi+. I have also seen (though have not done it with any of my own turbos) with too small a wastegate turbo shafts snap, when the button is pushed, This is very common in HX-35 and HX40's as they have a small internal wastegate that only vents from one side of the split turbine.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2009, 12:47:10 PM »

The cooling effect is the least factor, and hardly worth mentioning. 

I disagree, The cooling factor is huge part of the increased hp. I know that you've read the NACA reports on Nitrous Oxide Supercharging, and it clearly states that the decrease in temps plays a large role increasing the power output from nitrous, thats why we inject it as a liquid instead of as a gas.   Bottom of page 13 if you need a place to spot check me.

You can't argue that IAT's dont play a role in power output on turbo'd vehicles,  O0

As JD touched on the extra exhaust mass is a big part, but you need to be careful with this. Especially when you are pushing a turbo near the limit. I have had boost go from 42-43psi to 55psi+ with a small shot, and drive pressure go from ~50psi to 80psi+. I have also seen (though have not done it with any of my own turbos) with too small a wastegate turbo shafts snap, when the button is pushed, This is very common in HX-35 and HX40's as they have a small internal wastegate that only vents from one side of the split turbine.

I agree with you guys on that, and thats clearly what occured here. Theres many angles to look at this.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:50:40 PM by sewell94 »
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2009, 01:35:26 PM »

The cooling effect is the least factor, and hardly worth mentioning. 

I disagree, The cooling factor is huge part of the increased hp. I know that you've read the NACA reports on Nitrous Oxide Supercharging, and it clearly states that the decrease in temps plays a large role increasing the power output from nitrous, thats why we inject it as a liquid instead of as a gas.   Bottom of page 13 if you need a place to spot check me.

You can't argue that IAT's dont play a role in power output on turbo'd vehicles,  O0

NACA papers are handy, sometimes wrong since a few of them are concatenations of theory and not actually based on testing, and you always always always have to take them within their context.  You dropped the ball on the last bit, sir.  Don't worry - so has everybody else.

I very much can argue that it doesn't play a significant role if you aren't injecting the nitrous in front of the compressor.   Nobody does that.  Think about it.  You are always and forever compressor (and turbine) limited, Thomas, and if the compressor sees hot air the turbocharger's efficiency at compressing it is lessened, regardless of how much of a free ride is coming across the turbine.

:noel:

civicsurfer69

• N00B *Read Intro Sticky*
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2009, 01:44:14 PM »

Ill break that shit Tom you better watch out. 482 is pussy. I think we need to steal Chris's hx35 though. he has a much bigger exhaust housing than my hy. I guess we will see what happens. shit i still need some 1000cc injectors too.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2009, 01:54:31 PM »

civicsurfer69, you think 482 is pussy but need 1000cc injectors??  Given the bsfc of a boosted D16 you're in for a surprise, unless you want Dynojet numbers.

onlyflash944

• Certified OG
  • Jack of all trades, Master of none
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2009, 03:27:30 PM »

Ill break that shit Tom you better watch out. 482 is pussy. I think we need to steal Chris's hx35 though. he has a much bigger exhaust housing than my hy. I guess we will see what happens. shit i still need some 1000cc injectors too.

there are several different size exhaust housing on the hx-35, so be aware

You read some forums? nbspnbsp Cool, I tune cars.

Its your fucking car, if you want to hack it up fucking go for it.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2009, 04:03:35 PM »

there are several different size exhaust housing on the hx-35, so be aware

Any of which are better then the 9cm on the HY.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

civicsurfer69

• N00B *Read Intro Sticky*
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2009, 07:16:43 PM »

I do need to get 1000cc's or borow some for the record. yes the hy35 has 9cm^2 exhaust housing and none of the hx's exhaust housings are compatible due to the the exhaust wheels outer radius on the hy. I knew i should have kept my hx40.....shit. I also need...... some tires for my steelies because i have stock tires from factory with my steelies. Hey Tom what was your buddies exhaust on this setup?

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2009, 04:21:55 AM »

NACA papers are handy, sometimes wrong since a few of them are concatenations of theory and not actually based on testing, and you always always always have to take them within their context.  You dropped the ball on the last bit, sir.  Don't worry - so has everybody else.

I very much can argue that it doesn't play a significant role if you aren't injecting the nitrous in front of the compressor.   Nobody does that.  Think about it.  You are always and forever compressor (and turbine) limited, Thomas, and if the compressor sees hot air the turbocharger's efficiency at compressing it is lessened, regardless of how much of a free ride is coming across the turbine.

:noel:

(for the record i had a 98 page essay typed as a reply to you, somehow i deleted the shit, and heres the condensed I'm piss'd off to the point version)

I understand the difference between concatenations of theory and real world testing.  There was no ball dropped on my end on this one. 

I read the test, there was no turbo or supercharger involved. The nitrous was injected in a constant pressue manifold(50hg) which would mean that applying the results of this test to our application would mean it was after the turbo would have compressed the air, meaning into the charge pipe or intake manifold.  NOT the inlet of the turbo.

And i agree that once a exhaust port/sides  flowed/choked/maxed out , theres no way to make anymore power, which was the case for scotts car.

We can argue all we want about this, talk about how nitrous changes the VE of an engine bla blah blah but there is more than any of us here can completely explain going on when using boost and nitrous.  Any way that its argued,  it works great.  O0

« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 05:05:47 AM by sewell94 »

walter

• Certified OG
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2009, 08:59:20 AM »

vids?

danz

• Certified OG
  • 0-60 in 2.7 seconds
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2009, 03:39:23 AM »

fucking JFK doesnt like it when people fuck with his records.

at least you had the record for a few days.   :(

but bad ass job none the less.
10.510 @ 133.09 mph D16Z6 EJ6
10.912 @ 127.33 mph D16A6 ED6

d-rail

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2009, 03:57:24 AM »

The power people are making with these pistons blows my mind. I wish/hope my CP setup and even sit shoulder to shoulder with these setups

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2009, 04:21:27 PM »

He said he is here to make money not friends his own words not mine. Great #'s and no he is not coming back.
Oh and the last person who claimed he was trying to make money not friends was Chris Harris.

Phil gives off horrible vibes and during the split of the sites claimed he will go where the money is. Conserding the guy sells cdm stuff for more than ebay and doesnt offer any services he makes maybe a 100 bucks off being a sponsor from the site.

We all got shit on and he figured to play in the shit barn so he can keep a couple extra bucks. no thank you he doesnt belong here and never will

Anytime people would ask guestions about swaps he would spread horrible wrong info and when I would call him out if he ever did anything besides d series stuff he would just play the honda-tech game. Oh thats what I have read before.

If you dont know what the FUCK your talking about stop posting shit about it.

nuff said

Chris, Can I still call you at odd hours of the day to bullshit?

You getting sick of me nog?
fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2009, 04:53:02 PM »

Flipnog never calls or texts anymore, he's gotten sick of me :(

Dr. D-Series

• Certified OG
  • D16Z6-Y8. Still Beating up your swap.
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2009, 07:47:43 PM »

Who the fuck cares about records.

Just have fun.
D16Y8-Z6.
If I dont run tens this season Ill sock you straight in the face.
436 whp Vitara'#39#39d Z6. Try it.

ApexSilver06MR

• RealHomeMadeTurbo's "pee wee"
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • RealHomeMadeTurbo Resident Cocksmith!
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2009, 08:16:51 PM »

Fuck Scott @ Evans Performance... That is all

lul
pee wee for the size of my p..........

Nor*Cal Spoolin'#039#039 Nig Nog

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2009, 08:51:15 PM »

I like him and think the nonsense is blown out of proportion.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2009, 09:06:37 PM »

Just have fun.

Joe you need a 75 shot :noel:
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

onlyflash944

• Certified OG
  • Jack of all trades, Master of none
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2009, 10:54:12 PM »

Just have fun.

Joe you need a 75 shot :noel:

joe needs to test out the obx lsd i 're'built for him.  i can't wait to see what a difference that will make, even with the quality driving he already does

You read some forums? nbspnbsp Cool, I tune cars.

Its your fucking car, if you want to hack it up fucking go for it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up