:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boost = Bogging  (Read 8560 times)

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
Re: Boost = Bogging
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2009, 07:42:37 PM »

Or, not "like that" so much as wierd random stuff or all around running like shit.

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2009, 09:03:43 PM »

No, I haven't. If a new dizzy doesn't fix the issue, then I'll try that next.
www.crzytuning.com

Nobody comes into my house and shits all over it.  

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2009, 05:20:28 PM »

Just got a text from him. Says code 9 is gone(replaced dizzy) and it still bogs. Now it bogs before boost, he says.

Might get off my lazy ass and go over there(20 min drive).
www.crzytuning.com

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2009, 05:42:29 PM »

Well, spent all day yesterday drinking and working on this pos.

First thing we did was hook up my tuning shit and go for a run hoping it was a tuning problem. Nope, still bogged out like a motherfucker even with fuel values of 2000 from 3psi+. It was reading 17:1 afrs.

Next thing, we checked all the wiring. The car is a crx converted to mpfi and obd1. The car had some stupid, funky injector/resistor wiring so we got an unmolested harness and went to work. We fixed all the weird wiring issues but that still didn't fix the issue at hand.

We were fucking stumped. Then, out of fucking desperation we said fuck it and looked at the fuel filter. Sure as fuck, we couldn't even blow through it. It's a mutherfucken Earls fuel filter, so we didn't think it would be clogged or even be bad. But the car had been sitting for about 3 years.

Took the filter element out of it and went for a test drive. Hit 20psi real quick.  :noel: I turned down the boost controller and have it tuned to 8psi so far.

For some reason though, the temp gauge and rpm gauges weren't working and there's a few other odds and ends that need to be addressed before we continue tuning. coughneedsnewfuckingbrakescough.

Will have panty ripper vids as soon as we slap a 3bar on the bitch. We'll probably run 15psi on the stock map for a while tho.
www.crzytuning.com

91' LS-VTEC

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2009, 06:42:06 PM »

What a PITA.
As for the lights,tach,ect going out. I'll have to looking into that. Everything was working until the end of the day.

Nevertheless, I'm glad this POS is now drivable.
Thanx Joser, Kenny, Kukes. For a long days work. Funy thing is we didn't run out of beer. :o

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2009, 08:18:04 PM »

This bitch is almost ready for wednesday, the last test n tune at the local track. Just need to find a battery tie down and fix a boost leak we made today while tuning.

All I gotta say, this thing needs a bigger turbo.

Vids on wednesday. here's some pics for now

wiring in a tach, in case the stock tach goes out on us again. It's blown that fuse a few times already.

We're hoping for mid 13's, but I want 12's.
www.crzytuning.com

91' LS-VTEC

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2009, 12:13:41 PM »

Well we went that same day and did a little tuning. Boost was @ 11psi and fuel was @ 42psi. Car felt great. Only problem at the end of the day. The chip didn't burn rite so the program didn't work in my ecu.

Last sunday we spent some time on it again. Drove a little more. Now the boost is @ 15ish?psi @ fuel is at 60psi.   Honestly, is felt quicker & more responcive @ 11lbs of boost.

Someone that day said with a 255 fuel pump, the fuel pressure should be @ 50psi. Witch at one point it was raised to.  I had to leave that day. So I left the car is Josers hands. At the end of the day , we ended up @ 60psi (fuel)

Whats going on here? Is the turbo being maxed out? would that explain why it feels like it take longer now to spool? 

It was also mentioned that day  "I turnd the boost controler up 1 1/2 turn, and it won't go past 15 any more" .  Is this also a sign that its maxed out. 

This car & build was built with autoX in mind. Not trying to brake 400whp on a .42/.48   

Any advise? ???

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2009, 12:15:48 PM »

Timing.

91' LS-VTEC

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2009, 12:18:21 PM »

I'll have to wait for Joser to chime in and see if he even messed with it.   

jeffsciv23

• Certified OG
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2009, 04:13:14 PM »

yeah that little turbo is probly pretty uneffeciant at 15psi. swap it out for that 60/63 i sold you, now that would pull alot better

The OP just called me a nigger in the for sale section do the mods allow this kind of thing to happen around here?

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2009, 05:02:50 PM »

I love the radiator setup. What size wastegate spring do you have in there?
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2009, 02:42:21 PM »

Timing.

Timing never changed. It's at ~.8*/lb retard and timing @ 0vac column is 26*, retarded enough to spool the turbo quickly. The car ran fine at 11psi @ 42psi fuel pressure, but once the boost was turned up, it leaned out and the changes in the fuel map didn't affect afrs. So the it was turned up to 50psi and it seemed fine.

I think we're running out of injector. The problem with it being fine before at 50psi before was because there was a lot of wheel spin(2nd gear pulls). No traction=no real load which throws off the afr. Later that day we went tuning again with some 3rd gear pulls and it was leaning out to 12.8 or so right in the middle of the power band. NO matter how much fuel I added, the afr's stayed the same. So I turned up the fuel pressure to 60psi then we did half a pull and the shift linkage came undone. So we ghetto rigged it on the side of the road and went back to the house.

I never had a chance to tune at the 60psi fuel pressure level, which is why it bogs right now in the low rpms, because I'm sure it's rich as fuck. You can turn it down to 50psi and it'll be too lean to be doing rippers. That afr is more for track only apps.

And yeah, the logs read 13-14psi max(never once goes over regardless of boost controller setting on a 3bar) so I'm sure that small ass turbo is being maxed out.

So 9:1 compression, skank2 IM, ls tb, log mani, 450cc injectors, 2.5" dp & exhaust+small 42/48 t3@14psi =maxed out.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 02:46:18 PM by d112crzy »
www.crzytuning.com

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2009, 02:53:24 PM »

Leaning in the midrange, but not up top, sounds like ignition misfire. 

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2009, 02:01:15 AM »

Are you suggesting tighter gap or a colder plug? It's running 7's right now.

The car pulled good in that afr range, but I just don't feel safe running those afr's on a car that's going to get the shit raped out of it.
www.crzytuning.com

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2009, 02:10:31 AM »

Iridiums are slightly easier to fire when you're at the limit of your ignition system, but meh.

I normally gap plugs down to 0.024" without batting an eye, some like the gap that tight.  When you think you need to gap tighter than that you may just need to upgrade the ignition... I'd say 50% of the cars that misfire in that range are cured by going down to 0.020" gap, the rest get upgrades.

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2009, 02:23:23 AM »

Hmm. Will definitely try that gap next round then. I think they're at .032" right now.
www.crzytuning.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up