:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Annihilator's LS-T build for an EK hatch  (Read 26761 times)

Annihilator

Re: Annihilator's LS-T build for an EK hatch
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 01:51:19 AM »

It's an obd2a car....96 model.  The front end just has the 99-00 conversion on it from the previous owner :(  it's misaligned like a mofo too.

ShoofIsLudin

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2009, 02:10:03 PM »

I like ur EK.  The misalignment can be fixed in a weekend when u get drunk and bored enough to wanna fix it.

Since Orange Chicken was associated with HMT....is Cocoa Pebbles the official RHMT meal of the day???
lol

popped my virginity on this one right here. First ever poster

confUsed

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2009, 04:28:22 PM »

The build is mainly going for an autocross/road course based setup, hence the small-ish turbo.

Awesome thread! Good to see there's more people here hitting the road course. Remember to bring the camera!  :yes:
My english sucks

RHMT Norway

Annihilator

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2009, 07:29:14 PM »

Just a couple from this weekend...

I had an absolute blast this weekend.  The ecsta v710s are grippy as hell with some temperature in them.  I desperately needed more power for the straightaways..I was pulling away from a new GTR in the turns, but then the straights came up and it was game over.  The only problem I had was I smoked the hell out of my brakes.  I need to figure out some way to keep from doing that, that doesn't involve not using the brakes.

- Steven
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 07:32:03 PM by Annihilator »

95teg

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2009, 12:41:57 PM »

thats awesome.

as for the brakes, make some rhmt brake ducts

Annihilator

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2009, 01:28:20 PM »

That is exactly what I was thinking at the track.  Delete the foglights and run some dryer hose from the front bumper to my brakes.  Although when I get the swap in, I won't be able to run hoses from the foglight holes because of intercooler piping.  I'll have to cross that bridge when I get there.

I highly recommend a track day for anyone that likes any kind of racing.  Most fun I've ever had in a car.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2009, 02:03:09 PM »

ITR/Accord Wagon calipers, shaved 23T brackets, redrilled Prelude VTEC 11.1" rotors (10.3" EX for DX hubs), better pads. They'll stay cooler (more mass & fin area) & offer more power if you need too.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Annihilator

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2009, 02:37:01 PM »

^^ I have no clue how to go about doing that, but my first question is will that setup be able to retain the 4x100 lug pattern, and will it fit inside a set of 15" wheels?  I ask because both sets of wheels I have are 4x100 15" wheels.

I appreciate the help guys.

edit - What year accord wagon should I look for?  And is there any year prelude in specific?  I may go with this setup if I can find the right parts.  Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 03:18:51 PM by Annihilator »

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2009, 02:44:45 PM »

Dude that is a sick ass track! Awesome! I cant wait to track my car.
fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

confUsed

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2009, 03:58:43 PM »

Looks like a fast, fun track :)

Whats your current brake setup? If you are on stock stuff, get some pads and fresh brake fluid that's made for tracking, it'll do a lot better. If you're on the 9.5" rotors, you should get som ebigger stuff. Fastbrakes.com has some kits made for both the 9.5 and 10.2 rotors, that lets you rund itr rotors and calippers, thats not too pricey. You have to redrill the rotors to get the 4x100 pattern. You can run itr rotors (I think they are like 11") with 15" wheels. But of course if you have junkyards around you with the parts you need, that is the best deal  :somb:

BTW, there is a vw with the same sized rotors as itr, but with a 4x100 pattern too, if you are not keen on redrilling. I have seen peole running them. I never remember which model, though. Might be corrado :p

My english sucks

RHMT Norway

Annihilator

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2009, 05:23:02 PM »

Thanks for the comments guys.  It's definitely a fun track.  The aerial view is a bit deceiving however, it's not as fast as you'd think.  I think the max speed I was able to reach was between 80 and 85 mph.  Keep in mind though, I only have a bone stock exhaust leaking d16y7 on the dx 5-speed transmission.  The higher hp guys were peaking at 120ish.

Brake wise, I'm on stock blank rotors from oreilleys, Hawk HP+ pads, motul rbf 600 fluid, and SS front brake lines (rears wouldn't seal, so I ran the stock ones).  My main problem is that those r-compounds have so much grip, I can push the brakes way harder...which caused my overheating the rotors issue.  We will see what I can do about this.  I might do a ghetto rig brake ducting setup first and see if I can keep them from overheating then.

- Steven

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2009, 05:44:19 PM »

ITR/Accord Wagon calipers, shaved 23T brackets, redrilled Prelude VTEC 11.1" rotors (10.3" EX for DX hubs), better pads. They'll stay cooler (more mass & fin area) & offer more power if you need too.

It will fit some 15" rims but not all. It fit my Ls rims no problem.I did just the brakes calipers, still running gsr disc's and could feel a big difference even with crappy pads.
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up