:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick easy D-series clutch write up 56K no way  (Read 12745 times)

lilpooh21186

• Certified OG
  • B16 Short strokes but holds a high note
Quick easy D-series clutch write up 56K no way
« on: March 11, 2009, 02:19:42 AM »

THis is my first write up so i figured i would start some where simple

Jack up the car take tires off  then remove lower ball joint (easiest with a ball joint fork)
 and pick up whole knuckle assyembly and move it to the side.
i then drain tranny fluid and pop axles out of tranny with a prybar.  i used random shit to stop the knuckles from moving back in place.

Remove intake tube and starter 2 bolts for the starter Must be removed or tranny Wont come off.
 Also a good idea to unplug harness from the head for the coolent temp and all that other B/S Unplug battery and all ground from tranny to Chassis remove lower tranny mount 3 bolts.

Now after that near where the starter was remove 1 bolt from the Rear T bracket while.
Then get under the car and remove the 2 bolts that secure the tranny to the T bracket
1 bolt for the shifter stabilizer.
If you dont want to fuck with the bitch pin then remove 2 12mm from the Shifter linkage it self.

( Motor should be swing like my nuts  W/ stock motor mounts).

Then remove 7 Bolts from the transmission 2 on top 2 front side 1 rear and 2 for the dust shield
And 1 bolt from the passenger main motor mount.

7 BOLT PICS WILL BE UPDATED.You should now see the seal from the block to tranny open a little bit.
Secure the tranny with a Jack lower it and the trans should basicly fall off now ( may take some rocking)
drag that bitch out the way and jack the motor back up secure it with a jack stand.

to remove Clutch there are 6 10mm 12pt bolts the are kindoff a bitch to remove
 if you dont have air tools what i did was start from the bottom
tap a Wrench with a hammer till they came loose.

i didnt use the alignment tool eyballing it is a bitch 
basicly dont over tighten the 12pt bolts they will snap.
You can choose to get the flywheel surfaced i didnt b/c this motor will be coming out in a few months.
 Put the tranny back on the jack lift it up get the tranny to sit flush with the motor tighten the 7 bolts
 then the main pass motor mount lower mount snap axels in to place reinstall knuckles and all that other
shit take it easy for a Few hunderd best way to Refill tranny i found is to take a funnel and a hoze
remove the speed sensor. and fill from that Hole.
Ecu chipping
basmaps
tuning Dyno/street pm for details
Neptune Dealer PM for RTP details

lilpooh21186

• Certified OG
  • B16 Short strokes but holds a high note
Re: Quick easy D-series clutch write up 56K no way
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 02:23:06 AM »

Wow i fucked this up  stay tuned for my Det Cans
Ecu chipping
basmaps