:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tuning on C16  (Read 1735 times)

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
Tuning on C16
« on: September 02, 2009, 12:06:28 PM »

Not sure if this should be here or in Engine management.

As a kid going to the track with carb guys, the general idea of tuning with c16 was keep it fat, and add timing till you go slower, then back it off to your peak mph.

Is that a reasonable way to tune on c16?
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
Re: Tuning on C16
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 12:25:25 PM »

Thats a reasonable way to do it, but your gonna waste a bunch of passes to get it dialed in.

Is your car dialed in on pump gas???  if so the easiest way to start from pump gas going to 116 is to pull 5% fuel and add 5 degrees of timing. That should get you really close.

c16 is really hard to ping. Don't be scared to push harder than you would on pump. 

More details on your setup, maybe i can help some more
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
Re: Tuning on C16
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 01:26:36 PM »

Was more of a general question. My car is quite happy on 87 pump...  :-*

But for the intrest of the conversation.

Lets say I have a turbo D with rods and vitara's and typical t40e/t3, it has the pump tune dialed into 10psi as that will turn you out.

Now lets say I goto the track, and want to go for more then the 12's that will get me. So lets hit the noggle switch and go for 30psi or whatever that turbo has in it. So how do I get from 10 psi to noggle? Where is a safe area to start from?
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.
Pages: [1]   Go Up