:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: deleted ac and car wont start  (Read 2247 times)

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
deleted ac and car wont start
« on: October 17, 2009, 01:57:29 AM »

91 hatch-stock, deleted the ac and the car would not start. i know on toyotas the fan will run constantly if the ac plug is not jumped so i jumped it and the car started fine.
ques is-
can i use this as a reliable kill switch/disable switch?
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
Re: deleted ac and car wont start
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 02:43:21 AM »

That makes no fucking sense.

Nothing on the AC harness should keep the car from starting.  It is just a plug and play add on harness. 

marcj

• Marc Jew
  • Certified OG
  • Never alone, Never again. (NA)
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 02:54:49 AM »

yeah, srsly. look for something that may have been unplugged.

does it turn over? does it have spark? did you check fuses? any CEL? do you hear the fuel pump prime? does it have gas? etc.. if you can't figure out what the problem is within a few hours then maybe you should quit working on cars.

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 03:54:52 AM »

ok it wouldnt start, tried about 10 times, turns over fast but no firing.
i took a small peice of wire and jammed it in the connector i pulled off the ac fan. car starts instantly.
i pull the wire out of the connector and the car shuts off. try to start with out the wire and it wont.
stick the wire back in and it starts perfectly. came to conclusion of possibly using as kill/disable switch.
wrapped connector+jumper wire with electrical tape and everything is running perfectly.

maybe a failsafe so the ac isnt running with no condensor fan? idk doesnt make sense to me either thats why i posted this up.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 03:56:52 AM by t_cel_t »
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

CSaddict

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 07:38:29 AM »

Sounds like a ground issue.
Your fat ass is just going to drive around in your pile of shit car that is marketed towards 40 yr old recently divorced women trying to be hot shit.

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 08:43:21 AM »

That makes no fucking sense.

Nothing on the AC harness should keep the car from starting.  It is just a plug and play add on harness. 

+1

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 11:36:53 AM »

ok it wouldnt start, tried about 10 times, turns over fast but no firing.
i took a small peice of wire and jammed it in the connector i pulled off the ac fan. car starts instantly.
i pull the wire out of the connector and the car shuts off. try to start with out the wire and it wont.
stick the wire back in and it starts perfectly. came to conclusion of possibly using as kill/disable switch.
wrapped connector+jumper wire with electrical tape and everything is running perfectly.

maybe a failsafe so the ac isnt running with no condensor fan? idk doesnt make sense to me either thats why i posted this up.

Something in your wiring harness is fucked.  The AC will run with non condenser fan until the high pressure switch opens to turn the AC compressor off.

walter

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 01:54:51 PM »

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 03:21:27 PM »

well there is the relay for the fan that is no longer being grounded, ill go fuck with it some more.
malone labe

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 12:46:33 AM »

Damn.  A ford wouldnt have this problem.  :P

Seriously dude its a ground.

blowoff valves are for pussies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up