:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: B series EF mounts  (Read 3076 times)

Avistar23

B series EF mounts
« on: October 31, 2009, 01:00:22 AM »

Ok i have a little problem......

We just bought an EF...will be welding a master and slave in it......instead of buying a hydro conversion kit

the problem is the car is in another country and we cant physically look at it and mounts at the same time

ive contacted many people about using swap mounts....some people keep saying cable and hydro swap moutns are the same....some people say the tranny mount is different...looking at my stock DC tranny mount i have up here and DA mount pictures online they are clearly different patterns on the BOX, but im only comparing a picture

i have several people trying to sell me mounts, however NO ONE is sure weather or not their kit is hydro or cable....seeming very simple minded and dumb

i need clalrification as to what the deal is or what exaclty i need, the second i tell them hydro they keep trying to sell me a hydro conversion trapsie of metal shit which i dont want.

is there any OEM mount we can use?

examples....

He kept saying this would work with HYDRO...now hes saying its CABLE...i cant see well in the pic

I just need mounts for B series with hydro tranny...if anyone knows where to get them without the converter or has some please let me know....

they dont need to be fancy new hasport billet shits
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II CE9A -- Holset powered

F250 4x4 7.3 Diesel

International 4900 DT 466E
Freightliner Fl115 M11 CelectPlus

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
Re: B series EF mounts
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 01:34:18 AM »

pretty sure hydro and cable the mounts are different.  Hasbro sells a cable to hydro conversion kit, and I'm pretty sure it comes with a new mount and the hardware to convert to hydro.  I would look at hasbro's shit for reference at least

Avistar23

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 01:48:35 AM »

Yeh i have been looking at pics and stuff and they have to be different, i found a guy with the rite tranny mount so ill prolly grab it off him.

F250 4x4 7.3 Diesel

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 01:56:57 AM »

The trans mount i that picture is most definitely for a cable trans.  The hydro mount is very different.

It looks like innovative sells just the trans mount for a hydro trans, but that doesn't help you with the other two.

I would imagine that either Hasport or Innovative would sell you what you need if you called and talked to them.

Dunn though.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 06:50:58 PM »

Yeh i have been looking at pics and stuff and they have to be different, i found a guy with the rite tranny mount so ill prolly grab it off him.

Don't expect to be able to buy one cable mount kit amd then swap in a hydro trans mount from another.  A lot of kit makers do things a little differently from each other.

Avistar23

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 01:20:06 AM »

Don't expect to be able to buy one cable mount kit amd then swap in a hydro trans mount from another.  A lot of kit makers do things a little differently from each other.

Yeh i was worried about that, i figured they all mite place the engine slightly differently, luckily at the 11th hour someone came thru with a complete kit that didnt have a oh im Billet GOLD price tage.

F250 4x4 7.3 Diesel

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 04:26:09 PM »

Fuck...is the mount on the top right in that picture for the trans?

I have a hydro transmission and my mounts look exactly like those :(

Have a picture of the hydro mount?

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 04:32:25 PM »

Fuck...is the mount on the top right in that picture for the trans?

I have a hydro transmission and my mounts look exactly like those :(

Have a picture of the hydro mount?

Yes.

You have the wrong mounts then.

There should be pictures form any of the major mount manufacturers.

boostinallday

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 05:25:44 PM »

i have a HAsport cable to hydro kit BNIB 200 shipped!  i paied 250 for it  year ago never used it.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 02:10:55 AM »

I'm sure if you called HAsport, they could put together the 3 mounts you will need. Tell them it's for some weird, highly publicised race in that country, they might be more willing to help. :noel:
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid
Pages: [1]   Go Up