:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do these pistons look?  (Read 2671 times)

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
How do these pistons look?
« on: November 17, 2009, 11:14:13 AM »

Found them on HT for a sweet deal, but nervous because I'm poor and can't afford to buy shitty shit.  First of all,
do they look like JE pistons and Eagle rods for a b18?  Is there anything noticeable of concern or that I should ask for better pictures of?  Are they going to crack in half when I turn my engine over?  Small reward at end of pictures

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
Re: How do these pistons look?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 11:20:35 AM »

The pics are shite. Generally not a good idea to get used pistons, but the ring lands are what you need to really see, and preferably better piston top pics.

blowoff valves are for pussies.

theidealone

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 01:36:39 PM »

From pics, the skirts and what not look fine, but hard to tell from pics. I bought used SRPs and H beams for my ZC, and its still running fine. Although, I had Malichite go check em out in person for me (cus Im a lucky bastard), and he shipped em for me. Keep in mind, JE rings are like 100 bucks. I only spent 300 on my rod/piston combo, but had to spend 100 + shipping on rings as well.

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 01:47:19 PM »

The pics are shite. Generally not a good idea to get used pistons, but the ring lands are what you need to really see, and preferably better piston top pics.
I bought a used set of rods pistons that looked imaculate in the pictures but had obvious signs of damage when they showed up.  I tried to take pictures during the paypal claim and it was extremely hard to get to show up and I was trying to show the damage.  Luckily my CC took care of my ass, so be careful.

Also i was duped into filing a claim with UPS cause the damage that was visible in the pics was from the poor quality packing the seller claimed was UPS store packed.  Be warned that most shippers policy when that happens is to return the product to the seller once they deam it was not their fault.  I got double fucked when I learned that before my CC pulled through and fucked paypal.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 06:18:18 PM »

From pics, the skirts and what not look fine

But the amount of slop between ring and lands, as well as pin bore, are as if not more important than those aspects.

chris

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 11:09:01 PM »

Unless they are someone who can be highly trusted I would say not a smart move

Ravage70

• Certified OG
  • The Hotrex foot. Stiletto ready!
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 11:32:48 PM »

One of the pistons has fucked skirts

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 02:15:57 AM »

I bought a used set of rods pistons that looked imaculate in the pictures but had obvious signs of damage when they showed up.  I tried to take pictures during the paypal claim and it was extremely hard to get to show up and I was trying to show the damage.  Luckily my CC took care of my ass, so be careful.

Same happened here, except A) he was canadian, and B) for some retarded reason I used my bank account instead. Pics looked perfect, but they show up all beat to hell.

Have them learn how to use the macro mode, then take pictures of the skirts, ring packs, and very closeup of the top (pitting from detonation). Otherwise lowball the shit out of them.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 10:07:55 PM »

Wurd, thanks for the feedback crackas.  I guess i won't do it-- probably shouldn't spend the money anyway.  Right now it looks like I'm just putting new rings and bearings in the block I have, just hope the rods/pistons/crank are good... got the block from a guy that got it from a junkyard and haven't taken it apart yet

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 10:51:58 PM »

Wurd, thanks for the feedback crackas.  I guess i won't do it-- probably shouldn't spend the money anyway.  Right now it looks like I'm just putting new rings and bearings in the block I have, just hope the rods/pistons/crank are good... got the block from a guy that got it from a junkyard and haven't taken it apart yet

Buy them using a Ccard, if there fuck worse thing would be a charge back.
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

98vtec

• try a warm glass of shut the fuck up
    • BBmoto Tuning
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 11:12:32 PM »

looks like one of the cylinders was dead.
xXx Performance Tuning
-- In House DynoJet
SouthEast Neptune Tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up