:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Jay & Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anyone know what OBD2 engine harness only has 2 ecu plugs and one green plug  (Read 4257 times)

jhonda

• BOATS-n-HOES

ok i have a OBD2 engine harness that i cant figure out. it is a vtec harness but when i went to plug it into my -p2p(sohc vtec ecu)- only one plug would plug in. so i had a friend bring over a 2000si b16 ecu and two plugs would plug into the b16 ecu but their was a spot for one more plug? so heres what im working with, i have the OBD2 wire harness and the end where it suppose to plug into the ecu has 1=blue plug / 1=grey plug / and the green plug that plugs into the inside of the car. ???? all the other obd2 harnesses i have seen have three plugs for the ecu and the green plug.    SO ANYONE>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :-\ 
stock b20-vtec + 342hp 247wtq = NO TRACTION

usdmcivichatch

• N00B *Read Intro Sticky*

99-00 which is od2b sounds like u r trying to use it on a 96-98 which is obd2a, it won't work

jhonda

• BOATS-n-HOES

Y, would honda do that. IT F-ING SUCKS.i got a friend that has another harness i hope its the right one..they didnt do that different wiring crap on the obd1 harness did they?

lilpooh21186

• Certified OG
  • B16 Short strokes but holds a high note

Pretty much all obd1 harnesses are the same if not there usable with minimal modification.
Ecu chipping
basmaps
tuning Dyno/street pm for details
Neptune Dealer PM for RTP details

realAgentMurdoc

• Certified OG

it's an OBD2B harness then... the two non green plugs plug into the ecu and the green plug plugs into the chassis harness, where there's another plug on the chassis harness that plugs into the ecu

jhonda

• BOATS-n-HOES

is their a way to modify this harness then to make it work

jhonda

• BOATS-n-HOES

cool thanks  ;D

realAgentMurdoc

• Certified OG

is their a way to modify this harness then to make it work

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-OBD2B-TO-OBD2A-CONVERSION-HARNESS-CIVIC-ACURA_W0QQitemZ190298095288QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item190298095288&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

if your car is OBD2a, that's not what you need.  You need to get an OBD2a engine harness.  that conversion harness is only if you have an OBD2b engine harness WITH an obd2b chassis harness.  Spend your money on the right engine harness

jhonda

• BOATS-n-HOES

i just went and pulled a new harness that had a p2e computer on it out of a 97 civic 5 speed(i took my p2p ecu and made sure it would plug in first because pulling the engine harness was a pain in the a$$). the harness i pulled is non vtec so im going to have to run some vtec wires but its want i needed.  ;D oh and they only charged me $25 for the harness, i was getting ready to pay like $50 or $100 for it...$25 surprised me...oh and another thing that im going to have to do with the wiring is since the motor i am doing the mini-me on is obd1 it has no crank sensor and my computer will read for a crank sensor so i am going to have to do the crank sensor wire hack(looks pretty easy) 8)

realAgentMurdoc

• Certified OG

nice score!  hey does that yard have a few of them?  I need an OBD2a manual harness.  Where I'm at, there's hardly any of them and been having the hardest time finding one.  Pick one up for me  ;D

and you selling that OBD2b harness you got?

jhonda

• BOATS-n-HOES

hey - realAgentMurdoc - i went to every single junk-yard around my area with no luck ever finding anything for a civic ever... it was like as soon as the civics went in the junk-yard they were raped  >:( but we have a junk yard not even 2min. away from my house and it used to be nobody was aloud in the yard to pull parts so i never went their. but since i had no luck anywhere else i decided to give the yard a try and BAM they let me in the yard and it was like civic heaven ;D they had like 8 rows of nothing but honda's and non of them were barely touched. the whole almost 2hours i was their i was the only guy in the honda area :D... but to answer ur ?. i could probably pull u a harness one day but OHIO weather is shitty sunday it was sunny and in the 70's and now today is monday and the temp is in the low 40's and it has been snowing on and off today :-\ and as for the other harness i think i might be keeping it as my just incase i need it one day harness but i'll see about pulling u a harness(they are a pain in the ass to pull. so what year civic do u need and for what ecu?) 

realAgentMurdoc

• Certified OG

I know how you feel... I used to drive to junkyards HOURS away to come back empty handed.

I basically need the same harness you got... 96-98 Civic 5spd... I don't care if it's DX, CX, LX, or EX... just needs to be OBD2a and manual and without cuts

just let me know when you go and if you come across anything.  They are a little pain to pull at first... but after a while, it just gets easier.  lol.  Now it just takes me a few minutes.  The most time consuming part is unbolting the battery tray... haha

Thanks mang
Pages: [1]   Go Up