:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: burning oil,pulled exhaust mani and oil comming from valve port?bad valve-seal?  (Read 2534 times)

jhonda

• BOATS-n-HOES

ok so heres the next new problem  :) :( :-\ ok so finally got the car running good with the freshly swapped in (b7/z6mini-me) anyways i let the car run for a while and no smoke.then just a little smoke so i drove the car around for a while and it only got worse i was burning oil and smokeing like a train (it was pretty embarrassing :-[) and this was with normal driving //not driving like it was a race car or something// but got home and let the car cool off then started it back up and poof smoke again im sure my neighbors love me tonight its a nice night and their windows were open in their house, well me and my smokey ass car helped let them shut their windows ;D  :noel: so i took my exhaust manifold off and their was oil just laying in the valve port on one of the cylinders i started the car up with the mani off and yeap oil burning like crazy from that valve it even sprayed oil onto my radiator  so what do you guys think valve seal because the bottom end never smoked in the car it was in and i did the mini-me z6head and i guess the head sat for like 3 years and i dont know much about the head- butttttt????????// :'( :'(
stock b20-vtec + 342hp 247wtq = NO TRACTION

lilpooh21186

• Certified OG
  • B16 Short strokes but holds a high note

i would say cp test but IMO i dont think its valve seals
Ecu chipping
basmaps
tuning Dyno/street pm for details
Neptune Dealer PM for RTP details

jhonda

• BOATS-n-HOES

hmmm ok, its just that before i bought the motor the guy still had it in his car and he let me listen to it and let me see that everything was all good with it. and he pulled the motor that day. so i bought it and pulled the head and put the z6 head on so it would be vtec, and now that i have it running its smoking. and it really only smokes after it is sitting and idleing for a few min. or if i give it gas it will blow out some smoke and then stop smoking for a few min. and then slowly start smoking again. i think that i need to do a little more research on the head first to see what the previous owner did to it because i did only pay $25 for the z6 head.

t_cel_t

• Certified OG

dude its simple valve stem seals, you swap a head but you didnt put new seal in, comeon
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

d-rail

Valve seals.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!

Also when you put the head on did you remove the extra oil jet?
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

jhonda

• BOATS-n-HOES

yes, removed the oil jet. ok im off to do the valve seals  :evil: i think im just going to take all the valve seals out and see how  bad it smokes with no valve seals :noel: ;D just playing, i heard their easy to do and valve seals are cheap but doing them with the head on i guess is supposed to be a PAIN
Pages: [1]   Go Up