:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alpha-N basemap?  (Read 2747 times)

DasPoop

• Certified OG
Alpha-N basemap?
« on: November 17, 2011, 08:04:01 PM »

In regards to alpha-N I have a question concerning the map-tps crossover. I am wondering if at the point of the crossover will the map suddenly need large changes in fueling. My understanding is it will read say 0 vac until 30% tps then switch to tps based. my question is what will happen in that zone of the map will it suddenly need +/- 20%(random number) of fuel? I am just trying to get it running well enough to tune the idle make sure everything in order before I head to the dyno to tune it.

Na mike:"quotquotthe one i had was a real bbw, not just a fat chick, but a huge fat chick"quotquot

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
Re: Alpha-N basemap?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 10:41:50 PM »

are you using Crome ITB JR plugin, in either P30 or Crome Gold map opened?

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 10:55:50 PM »

There is no alpha-n basemap, that shit runs raw all of the time, and like ragged ass until you get it reeled in to merely raw.

You're not going to have a big jump in fueling requirment that causes the engine to crap around like you're talking about.  Pay attention to how the engine transitions from vacuum to TPS at a couple different rpms, the transition point should have the vac and TPS somewhat smoothly hand off to each other... alpha-n is pretty crude race car shit, so don't read too much into the transition point.  If there is a problem with how yours is set, it WILL be obvious... so pay attention to how it's functioning before you waste a bunch of time tuning on any given map.  Protip: lean bucks and only super duper rich sputters, so if the car feels smooth don't worry about tuning the map until you figure out the transition point.

A low power setup like a D16, you should be able to get your fuel mostly or all sorted before doing the steady state loading dyno trick needed for the ignition timing.  The street is not a controlled environment like the dyno, so do keep an eye on AFRs.

leed

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 12:20:13 AM »

I've had two cars turn out pretty good with Alpha-N on CROME, and one that I could not get to run smooth no matter what I did.  Ross and I did a car with Uberdata, where we piggy backed the TPS, and ran it into the MAP input. We had to do put some zeners and maybe a resistor on the MAP line to eliminate a CEL problem. After setting the TPS to the the most friendly spot for decent injector cut-off behavior, it ran pretty damn good.  I really liked it because it was ghetto, but started, idled, and was repeatable.

A basemap is pretty much impossible. A slight change in TPS setting will slew the whole map.

I can send you a finished map so you can get an idea on how the 2d fuel curves will look.
Pretty sure you have my email.

Dave

DmC

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 06:28:02 PM »

On the itb car I did years ago I had trouble getting the crossover point where I wanted it. My solution was a vacuum tank I found on an old car in the junkyard. I put it inline with the brake booster hose and ran the map pickup from the tank it helped the map read vacuum for a second longer and made the transition better.
  It helped the car some at very light throttle so it could cruise on the highway decently Itbs are really meant for wot applications though. Itb;s are fun to fool around with I'd like to do some again just not on my car Because NA hondas are slow compared to a turbo car.
Pages: [1]   Go Up