:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wiseco piston in my build?  (Read 5085 times)

Jordy53

Wiseco piston in my build?
« on: October 28, 2009, 11:45:11 PM »

I went with 84mm 8:8:1 off the shelf Wiseco pistons for my build. Witch also include a Benson sleeved block and Eagle rods.  I went with these pistons because my tuner recomended them for my 500 to 550 WHP goal.  I have been doing alot of reading and have found out that the wrist pins that come with the pistons are only good to 600 Crank HP. I talked to the shop and they told me they have a couple cars making over 600 HP with no problems. Not that I dont trust them I just dont want to pay for another complete rebuild of a fully built motor again. 

Should I let the pistons ride and hope for the best?  Or should I change them to something else? 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 08:50:23 AM by Jordy53 »
You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot build character and courage by taking away men'#39#39s initiative and independence. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
Re: Wiseco piston in my build?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 11:51:24 PM »

At the goal you want to achieve they won't be an issue(500-550). If you were talking about trying to make 800 it'd be a different story. I made 720whp on stock pins w/o an issue.
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 12:25:36 AM »

I plan on pushing my dirty D to 500, what your point.
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

Jordy53

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 12:27:54 AM »

I want 550 WHP that would put me close if not over the 600 Crank HP.  How long did you motor last?  I want this to be my last biuld for a while. My wife would kill me if I had to Build a 4th time.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 12:42:51 AM by Jordy53 »
You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot build character and courage by taking away men'#39#39s initiative and independence. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 12:33:04 AM »

CP>WISECO
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 12:43:41 AM »

I want 550 WHP that would put me close if not over the 600 Crank HP.  How long did you motor last?  I want this to be my last biuld for a while. My wife would kill me if I had to Build a 4th time.
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

Jordy53

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 01:01:27 AM »

Good for your Dirty D. I want a reliable 550 that I can beat the shit out of worry free.

chris

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 01:05:17 AM »

If it will set your mind at ease than maybe its worth puchasing. If the motor isnt together already than its a small investment for peace of mind.

Pootie

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 01:14:45 AM »

CP>WISECO
agreed!!

and why so low of a compression?

if i were you i'd have gone CP 9.7:1..especially if you are running a turbo with some balls!
Stock sleeve LsVtec 552whp@22psi.. 600whp+@28psi
Tuned by you know who! ;-)
10.64@137mph , 20psi nbspnbsp nbspnbsp <ltlt~ An ET that a certin Turbo Accord on here will NEVER reach! Even with a bag of porkring taped to a pole infront his windshild!

Jordy53

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 01:22:31 AM »

CP>WISECO
agreed!!

if i were you i'd have gone CP 9.7:1..especially if you are running a turbo with some balls!

I didnt really plan on running race gas, so the tuner said I could push pump gas a little further on a little lower compression. So he recomened the 8:8:1 wiseco's.

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 01:38:27 AM »

I always use Wiseco's

:yes:

Jordy53

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 01:48:55 AM »

I always use Wiseco's

:yes:

HAHA

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 01:54:36 AM »

CP>WISECO
agreed!!

I didnt really plan on running race gas, so the tuner said I could push pump gas a little further on a little lower compression. So he recomened the 8:8:1 wiseco's.

whos tuning it.  Id personally get the upgraded wristpins... But dont take what u read on HT toooooo seriously.

---GFI we build FAST---

Jordy53

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 05:04:51 AM »

whos tuning it.  Id personally get the upgraded wristpins... But dont take what u read on HT toooooo seriously.
[/quote]   Speed Factory

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2009, 04:53:54 PM »

just but the upgraded pins if the pistons arent in it already.

even if they are i dont see why you cant make that much power on them. idk. i would run them.

or not at all... im shooting for 450whp on stock B18C   :?:
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

rudebwoy

• Certified OG
  • tripple OG
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 05:24:51 PM »

go with some ARIAS. I would JE over wiseco, plus no one I've talk to during my last build recomend them, GE told me that they are inconsistant , as is in they are all diffent size that why they have the wieght marked on each one, they said when they bore the blocks have to use each piston per cylinder, they canno just use one.
1999 Euro spec Civic EJ9 Hatch B20/VTEC TURBO. 620whp@21psi
2000 Honda Odyssey LX family ride
2000 civic SI daily driver

Towdogg

• Certified OG
  • Cfm's don't roll through an air intake!
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 05:44:26 PM »

Go D-series!   :-*

4th bulid huh?   Damn where's the carnage pics?

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 10:35:50 PM »

go with some ARIAS. I would JE over wiseco, plus no one I've talk to during my last build recomend them, GE told me that they are inconsistant , as is in they are all diffent size that why they have the wieght marked on each one, they said when they bore the blocks have to use each piston per cylinder, they canno just use one.

IIRC mine were .0002" from smallest to largest pistons, which realisticly is a small variance. It might not be the exact number, but I know it ended up negligable. One thing to note is the coating can screw up measurements. The bulk of it wears off on break-in, taking .0003" off the pistons. You can wipe the extra coating off with a firm finger smudge, leaving just the impregnated coating. I daily drive mine, and I don't get any loud piston slap. I also have a cutout+stock muffler, so I'd hear it if present.

FYI The stock off-the-shelf Wisecos are lighter than CP's, and the wrist pin is actually the same thickness. They are also cheaper, wonder why... The custom pistons from Wiseco are very different, to quote a friend "bomb proof". Wiseco's been making pistons since forever and they've had the best skirt taper based on 3 articles I've seen since the 80's.

BTW anyone recall the slew of melting CP pistons from 2-3 years back? Then they miraculously came out with a new design and those problems [which they never admitted to] went away? :-X
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Jordy53

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 02:09:57 AM »

Go D-series!   :-*

4th bulid huh?   Damn where's the carnage pics?

I am on my 3rd build now I would like it to be my last for a while. I have pics but they are at home and I am on Deployment..... Sorry
IIRC mine were .0002" from smallest to largest pistons, which realisticly is a small variance. It might not be the exact number, but I know it ended up negligable. One thing to note is the coating can screw up measurements. The bulk of it wears off on break-in, taking .0003" off the pistons. You can wipe the extra coating off with a firm finger smudge, leaving just the impregnated coating. I daily drive mine, and I don't get any loud piston slap. I also have a cutout+stock muffler, so I'd hear it if present.

FYI The stock off-the-shelf Wisecos are lighter than CP's, and the wrist pin is actually the same thickness. They are also cheaper, wonder why... The custom pistons from Wiseco are very different, to quote a friend "bomb proof". Wiseco's been making pistons since forever and they've had the best skirt taper based on 3 articles I've seen since the 80's.BTW anyone recall the slew of melting CP pistons from 2-3 years back? Then they miraculously came out with a new design and those problems [which they never admitted to] went away? :-X
How much horepower were you running and for how long?

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 03:44:08 AM »

FYI The stock off-the-shelf Wisecos are lighter than CP's, and the wrist pin is actually the same thickness. They are also cheaper, wonder why... The custom pistons from Wiseco are very different, to quote a friend "bomb proof". Wiseco's been making pistons since forever and they've had the best skirt taper based on 3 articles I've seen since the 80's.

BTW anyone recall the slew of melting CP pistons from 2-3 years back? Then they miraculously came out with a new design and those problems [which they never admitted to] went away? :-X

Id rock CPS over Wisecos any day ...  tHE WRISTPINS IN MY CPS APPEAR BIGGER THAN THOSE ON THE ht THREAD IM SURE HES READING, SO DO THE ONES IN THe Endyns sitting in my room... And yes they did redesign the valve reliefs on the B series stuff..believe they changed the H pistons too but it was only the B series pistons gthat were having them "melt"... Which Im sure was more tuning than anything else since it wasnt happening to everyone.

---GFI we build FAST---

Jordy53

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 04:35:31 AM »

Id rock CPS over Wisecos any day ...  tHE WRISTPINS IN MY CPS APPEAR BIGGER THAN THOSE ON THE ht THREAD IM SURE HES READING, SO DO THE ONES IN THe Endyns sitting in my room... And yes they did redesign the valve reliefs on the B series stuff..believe they changed the H pistons too but it was only the B series pistons gthat were having them "melt"... Which Im sure was more tuning than anything else since it wasnt happening to everyone.
[/quote]
 You have been a big help. You have always gave me straight honest answers to all my questions. 

Thanks Jordan

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 04:52:48 AM »

Ya theyre not ar rediculous as the second pics of the alternative pins.....  those are almost solid, but they definately appear beefier than the first pics posted in that thred (the one I believe you are referring to)... 

Keep in mind mine are H shit though...

---GFI we build FAST---

rudebwoy

• Certified OG
  • tripple OG
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2009, 08:57:01 AM »

I've had better experience with MAHLE than with WISECO . piston slap in #4 and the brings scarred up my cylinder in #4. ever since then I recomend ARIAS in the motors I build, or Mahle if they are trying to save.
1999 Euro spec Civic EJ9 Hatch B20/VTEC TURBO. 620whp@21psi
2000 Honda Odyssey LX family ride
2000 civic SI daily driver

marcj

• Marc Jew
  • Certified OG
  • Never alone, Never again. (NA)
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009, 09:36:47 AM »

I've used wiseco in two builds so far with no issue.. I haven't pushed this block very hard yet. i'll update if they fail

Jordy53

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009, 10:14:54 AM »

I will probably look at getting CP's and some upgraded Rod bolts for my Eagle and call it good after that.  :yes:
Pages: [1]   Go Up