:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EF Civic/Crx fuel sloshing?  (Read 2581 times)

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
EF Civic/Crx fuel sloshing?
« on: March 26, 2012, 03:16:36 PM »

Anyone had issues with fuel sloshing and losing fuel pressure in ef's? At the auto-x yesterday the car was dying in the turns and coming back once it was straight. I tried filling the tank completely and it didn't make a difference.

I'm thinking about getting some fuel cell foam to help. Speedway motors has it pretty cheap. Any other ideas? A coffee can with a few holes in it with the pump inside it came to mind too.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

theidealone

Re: EF Civic/Crx fuel sloshing?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 03:50:31 PM »

You had a full tank, and this was an issue? I dont think its the sloshing... Maybe some other weird problem that is caused by excessive Gs? Like wiring, pump, or similar?

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 04:03:03 PM »

Anyone had issues with fuel sloshing and losing fuel pressure in ef's? At the auto-x yesterday the car was dying in the turns and coming back once it was straight. I tried filling the tank completely and it didn't make a difference.

I'm thinking about getting some fuel cell foam to help. Speedway motors has it pretty cheap. Any other ideas? A coffee can with a few holes in it with the pump inside it came to mind too.

Not fuel sloshing issue, but an electrical ground issue for the fuel pump, or lose wire somewhere.  :noel:

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 04:03:43 PM »

It goes in a straight line 100% solid and while braking its 100% solid. Only while braking and turning. Accelerating and turning is fine too.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 04:09:45 PM »

Check And clean grounds in between taillights in the trunk maybe? If you have a fuel pressure gauge on your stock fuel filter then pull it off and put a line in there and run it to your gauge that you've taped to your windshield to see whats happing  in the turns when your breaking. Ive heard of the nig nog leed doing this when he was having a fuel tuning issue to determent that it wasn't a fuel issue at all or something along those lines.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 04:25:23 PM »

It goes in a straight line 100% solid and while braking its 100% solid. Only while braking and turning. Accelerating and turning is fine too.

Wow sounds like what my civics do when I have less than a gal left in the tank.

Pull the pump and make sure the pump strainer is still hooked up.

Else check all wiring related and see if you have a pinched wire when a turn.  :noel:

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 06:02:58 PM »

I'm going to drop the tank as a last resort. I'll check wiring and things first. Problem is, the car doesn't have a title and I can't replicate the problem on the street in front of my house. I need a big parking lot or something.
obd1>gtgtall

theidealone

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 06:17:52 PM »

Arent most parking lots private property? Tow it to a parking lot late at night, and do some "testing". We used to do street tuning at night, and then setup my 2step in the Walmart parking lot.

From what Ive ever gathered, cops cant do anything on private property. They could remove you, or ask you to leave, at the owner's request. But I know when Ive gotten or seen accidents in parking lots, cops wouldnt even show up, due to it being private property.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 06:31:22 PM »

hmmm.... i never thought about that, but im pretty sure you are right. maybe i will hit the mall after 11-ish. its a huge parking lot and a mile from my house
obd1>gtgtall

Pages: [1]   Go Up