:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: cheap HID site  (Read 12606 times)

shadow

• Certified OG
  • out either bangin gears or your mom
cheap HID site
« on: April 02, 2009, 06:22:57 PM »

alright, probably a long shot. its this site, sells hids kits like real cheap. im talking really cheap. never tried it buit i remember then being like 60-70 bucks (maybe more?) for single hid and having the regular siezed ballast. and them being cheap bc the company offered "slim" ballasts.

thought i had it saved in my faves but apparently not, and i cant remember the fuckin address for the life of me.

oh yeah, they had like different categories and some of the kits were like their own brand.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:30:30 PM by shadow »
'Get the fucking handout and give it to me. I'll put a "Sponsored by Darkelvis Racing" banner on my drag car, and spend the money on crack and hookers.'

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
Re: cheap HID site
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 06:34:50 PM »

http://www.lightinthebox.com  For all sorts of CDM goodness

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 06:48:04 PM »

meh, that aint it. company was actually in the US. im sure shit was china-man shit. fuck, i cant remember that shit.
'Get the fucking handout and give it to me. I'll put a "Sponsored by Darkelvis Racing" banner on my drag car, and spend the money on crack and hookers.'

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 08:14:20 PM »

Let me know when you find it, I'm wanting some myself

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 09:20:32 PM »

i think its www.ddmtuning.com

the products look kinda the same, but the layout is a bit different. but im guessing they just changed it. they dont offer the regular sized ballast anymore tho, just the slim ones.

they have the "raptor" brand which goes for 40 bucks and then have the 35w and 55w ones which are 15 bucks more.

i think imma go with the 55w ones, grand total of 85 bucks.

realAgentMurdoc

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 09:21:53 PM »

35w will be good enough.... 55w have a tendancy to melt headlight housings

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 09:23:19 PM »

I'd go with the 55w's, I'll check it out

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 09:23:50 PM »

35w will be good enough.... 55w have a tendancy to melt headlight housings

My shit's glass

realAgentMurdoc

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 09:34:07 PM »

i think it even cracks the chrome plate on the reflector housing

onlyflash944

• Certified OG
  • Jack of all trades, Master of none
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 10:31:59 PM »

jb weld to the rescue

You read some forums? nbspnbsp Cool, I tune cars.

Its your fucking car, if you want to hack it up fucking go for it.

bizzy911

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 11:49:31 AM »

quick question..will these work on any car?
g_shok'#39#39s padawan

How about a nice fuck you.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 12:28:42 PM »

quick question..will these work on any car?

As long as the car has electricity...

I hope you all aren't planning to use these without a proper projector.  Whenever I see a RICER with HID bulbs in stock housing, I wish I had my .45 with me.  It's bad enough seeing a douchewaffle with their halogen high beams on, but one with lights 3-5x brighter will tend to piss people off.  I ended up missing a curve due to a douchefag at a stop sign pointing directly at me with high beam halogens on, avoided the pole, and hit a guide wire, totaling the car.  Asshole drove off and couldn't have missed it since he didn't leave the stop sign until after it was all said and done, and couldn't have missed the lightning-bright white flash of the transformer.

Do any of these HID kits come with useful projectors?  Their whole purpose is to distribute the light evenly, prevent glare, and have the cutoff so you aren't blinding other drivers.  Ricer aftermarket "projector" headlights do not count.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 01:08:36 PM »

I've yet to see a set of aftermarket HIDs that didn't look faggoty, and I've yet to drive a car with aftermarket HIDs whose headlight were as good as my ED's with the low beam diffusor removed + high beam bulb upgrade.

Most of that cheap HID shit arcs when you turn the lights on, which can destroy tuning gear.  I had one kill an early beta of the Ostrich V2.0.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 01:10:53 PM »

i think its www.ddmtuning.com

the products look kinda the same, but the layout is a bit different. but im guessing they just changed it. they dont offer the regular sized ballast anymore tho, just the slim ones.

they have the "raptor" brand which goes for 40 bucks and then have the 35w and 55w ones which are 15 bucks more.

i think imma go with the 55w ones, grand total of 85 bucks.

+15 for shipping.  :-\
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

ryan89crx

• Certified OG
  • 20lbs of love!
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 01:11:03 PM »

the low beam diffusor removed + high beam bulb upgrade
details?

where the fuck is the dunce smiley?
d-series on 20 pounds will turn you out!

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 01:15:30 PM »

Heat your headlights in an oven @ 200 degrees for 30 minutes, the glue that holds the clear lens on will loosen enough to gently seperate the enclosure.  The diffusor is right in front of the low beam bulb, remove it.  Respray with that headlight repair stuff if the reflective background is dull or has started to flake.  Put the headlight back together, seal with RTV if you like.

Take a high beam bulb and modify it so it slips in place of the low beam bulb.  A small pair of nippy cutters and less than two minutes does the trick. 

Re-aim your headlights.  They are a lot brighter, go further, and the brightness is well diffused so you can see way off to the sides.  No one confuses them for high beams, but I've been in some cars whose high beams aren't as good as my low beams.

ryan89crx

• Certified OG
  • 20lbs of love!
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 01:45:22 PM »

Heat your headlights in an oven @ 200 degrees for 30 minutes, the glue that holds the clear lens on will loosen enough to gently seperate the enclosure.  The diffusor is right in front of the low beam bulb, remove it.  Respray with that headlight repair stuff if the reflective background is dull or has started to flake.  Put the headlight back together, seal with RTV if you like.

Take a high beam bulb and modify it so it slips in place of the low beam bulb.  A small pair of nippy cutters and less than two minutes does the trick. 

Re-aim your headlights.  They are a lot brighter, go further, and the brightness is well diffused so you can see way off to the sides.  No one confuses them for high beams, but I've been in some cars whose high beams aren't as good as my low beams.
right on, another project for me to tackle  :yes:
d-series on 20 pounds will turn you out!

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 02:00:44 PM »

I've yet to see a set of aftermarket HIDs that didn't look faggoty, and I've yet to drive a car with aftermarket HIDs whose headlight were as good as my ED's with the low beam diffusor removed + high beam bulb upgrade.

stock integra projector+PnP hid kit, that i found years ago, was the cheapest i could find at the time which was like 160 i think. china fo sho.

crappy cell phone pic, clean cutoff...

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 03:25:31 PM »

Kind of off-topic, kinda related:

I want to put these in the CRX one day, using OEM parts that work like they should and not aftermarket shiz.

Curious, what would be the best way to remove the fluting on the inside of the glass headlights?

soontobeDA

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 03:34:34 PM »

sand sand sand sand sand buff
takes forever
sometimes ebay has clear headlight covers so that might be a better choice if they do make some

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2009, 03:36:14 PM »

if you assholes get hid's, retrofit some fucking projectors. fucking shit blinds the piss out of everyone when you don't run projectors.
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2009, 03:42:30 PM »

sand sand sand sand sand buff
takes forever
sometimes ebay has clear headlight covers so that might be a better choice if they do make some

Yeah, that's what I figured.  Will probably find a rotary tool and let it do the hard work.  I wont buy plastic ebay headlights, would like to keep it stockish and I like the non-yellowing glass.

if you assholes get hid's, retrofit some fucking projectors. fucking shit blinds the piss out of everyone when you don't run projectors.

amen.

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2009, 09:48:42 PM »

lol, I know wat you mean

Aero

• Turbotalk.org
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2009, 11:57:53 PM »

http://www.sharphid.com/

They are a supporting vendor on DSMtuners.  It says free shipping on their site.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2009, 12:11:25 AM »

I've been wanting to get a full FX35 retrofit deal, but A) I'd rather get a new turbo first, B) Current topmount puts the filter right behind the headlight.

The highbeam mod for my EF was one of the best drivability upgrades I'd ever done. The only down side, the highbeams aren't intended for such heat. I only have a few hours on the bulbs, and the bulb's plastic holder has some melting above the bulb's conductor 'legs'.

I say we all switch to mercury vapor lamps. Ultra-efficient, and has that awsome blue-green light that all the ricers strive for. Actually, that's the only light spectrum it gives out.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2009, 12:28:23 AM »

I've been wanting to get a full FX35 retrofit deal, but A) I'd rather get a new turbo first, B) Current topmount puts the filter right behind the headlight.

The highbeam mod for my EF was one of the best drivability upgrades I'd ever done. The only down side, the highbeams aren't intended for such heat. I only have a few hours on the bulbs, and the bulb's plastic holder has some melting above the bulb's conductor 'legs'.

I say we all switch to mercury vapor lamps. Ultra-efficient, and has that awsome blue-green light that all the ricers strive for. Actually, that's the only light spectrum it gives out.

Meh, I prefer something with a higher CRI...

Pure white LEDs will be best once they perfect them...

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2009, 12:33:46 AM »

here is my comparison with my cars stock lights with a plug and play kit and a hella e55 projector

if it dosnt play then click on it

HID comparison
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2009, 01:29:39 AM »

Hell, that's pretty nice and a noticeable difference.

Had me tempted to get these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HELLA-E55-BMW-E60-E65-BI-Xenon-HID-D2S-PROJECTORS-pair_W0QQitemZ350184805975QQcmdZViewItem

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2009, 01:40:15 AM »

those hella e55 projector look great!!!
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2009, 01:51:16 AM »

im currently retrofitting them into my tercel, i might post up a writeup. i even have to make my own clear lens because the only ones available are fluted.
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up