:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Corvette?....new subject my 240sx.  (Read 16161 times)

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
Re: Corvette?....new subject my 240sx.
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2010, 11:12:09 PM »

After you send everything off to the machine shop, 6.0 truck motor with cam is cheaper and makes just as much to the wheels.  Welcome to a modern cylinder head design.

Which 240SX do you have, anyway? 

narfdanarf

« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2010, 12:15:05 AM »

Early 90's.  I think I can build a pretty decent forged 351 for cheap, plus I'd like to be a little different.  Being different normally = money as I'm sure you are aware, I think maybe I can make that not true. O0

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2010, 12:21:41 AM »

Cheap Holset and 6.0 truck motor sounds cheap and mean :noel:
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2010, 12:36:37 AM »

S13 chassis, $500 car sold for $2500 because it's hyped.  Decent mechanicals, cheap interior, garbage wiring, suspension bushings slopped out and everything in disrepair to the point it's a money pit.

I fail to see how a SBF swap is different, all the RX7's locally - the fast ones, anyway - get SBF.   You can craft everything out of 20 year old used up pieces, remachine every tolerance, and throw a bunch of money in catalog parts at it to make it fast, or just buy a low mileage 6.0 truck block and make the same power for a lot less.

Or, better yet, just sell the 240 and do something else.  I've little love for S13.

narfdanarf

« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2010, 12:49:03 AM »

I do not disagree at all. 

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2010, 12:52:09 AM »

If you need a Nissan, go S14.  After you replace the entire wiring harness they are pretty nice cars.

narfdanarf

« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2010, 01:11:18 AM »

haha I don't need one or even want one for that matter.  The only reason I have one is because it was free.  I want a v8 RWD car, so it seems fitting that if I can shoehorn some big CI POS v8 I will be able to donuts all around town in delight.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2010, 01:19:29 AM »

I have dollars that say you can sell the S13 shell for a running w/ mechanical issues but straight body SN99 V6 Mustang.  Those take either LSx or SBF swaps.  You can run the SBF off 99-04 V8 ECU w/ bits from 96+ SBF Explorer, or just use the Explorer ECU, if you need to retain scantool emissions. 

Nothing better in one of those chassis than to swap one of those motors, people get seriously irritated.  It's great.  Also, if you catch the bug and decide to throw money at the suspension those cars have the BEST off the shelf stuff, which is why Fox chassis holds all the stock suspension class records in drag racing, or has live axles cars running competitively (if not dominating) against Corvettes on a road course.

OK, enough of my bullshit + soapbox.  Somebody else throw out some ideas.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2010, 01:33:32 AM »

Y not an ironblock 2nd gen SBC ( 350 355 383 400 etc...  Shiy you could build a forged shortblock with some decent components for a G and boost the shit out of it. Instead of fools opening the hood and seeing an LSX in it... All the residents of Rednecktopia would skeet in glee when they saw an old school hi rise single plane, 750DP and 72mm snail on it...

It would be like a mindfuck...

It would be awesomesuace and dirt cheap
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

narfdanarf

« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2010, 01:54:06 AM »

spoon feed me yes?  What are decent components...I mean you can get chevy 350's for free.  How much do I need to waste on a set of heads?  God damn it's very hard going into a different world entirely.  I now understand why more shops are specialized in one type of car.

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2010, 01:58:49 AM »

Y not an ironblock 2nd gen SBC ( 350 355 383 400 etc...  Shiy you could build a forged shortblock with some decent components for a G and boost the shit out of it. Instead of fools opening the hood and seeing an LSX in it... All the residents of Rednecktopia would skeet in glee when they saw an old school hi rise single plane, 750DP and 72mm snail on it...

It would be like a mindfuck...

It would be awesomesuace and dirt cheap

spiker speaks the truth, big power, cheap parts that are as tough as they come.
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2010, 03:00:54 AM »

I got to drive a local porsche 944 turbo with an lsx swap that had cams and some head work, it was fun to drive, build one of those.

Lowerit

• Certified OG
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2010, 12:59:36 PM »

Rebuild the motor, sell it ,pocket the cash for something different.

LOL @ the "Corvettes handle good , not S2K good , but good"  really , tell that to the guys who runthe nationals hahahah
fuck you

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2010, 01:05:58 PM »

spoon feed me yes?  What are decent components...I mean you can get chevy 350's for free.  How much do I need to waste on a set of heads?  God damn it's very hard going into a different world entirely.  I now understand why more shops are specialized in one type of car.

Shit just source a 4 bolt block, forged crank and the cheapest rods you can find with any forged piston (some have the lands down a bit further on the pistons that help... as in N2O setups)....  Slap the bitch together. Cheap, good for very decent powerz....

I wouldnt even bother on much headwork. some 2.02/1.60 camel humperzzz or the like with springs and valves...Screw in studs... SOme cheap Rockers MAYBE a girdle...

Boom.

It would surely suprise the fuck out of someone to see an old Iron block 350 in it.. All youd need is an HEI Dizzy and the ignition would be fine as well.

ORRRRR Just LSX swap it.

---GFI we build FAST---

Lowerit

• Certified OG
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2010, 01:19:27 PM »

put an L33  5.3L  LSX in it from an 05-07 1500 , they are all alum. Swap in a cam and a set of 6.0L heads.

or just put the 5.3L long block in it and the corvette shit back on and sell it.
fuck you

Phate

« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2010, 01:19:33 AM »

go to the junkyard and find a VG-powered 300zx with a manual.  grab the transmission.  Then find an infiniti Q45.  Pull engine from Q45.  place all of this into 240sx.

Or sell the 240sx, buy a 300zx with a blown motor, and swap out the blown VG for the VH45 out of the Q45, then have a japanese mullet-mobile complete with T-tops.
It never ceases to confuse me that people think this is a car site.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/overdrive14/2vkkmt3.png

ironcrx

« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2010, 01:21:09 AM »

Be gangster and buy an s12 like i did  :P
"quotquotI lost a testical to cancer and I still got more balls than anyone else in the room!"quotquot

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2010, 07:07:46 AM »

Or sell the 240sx, buy a 300zx with a blown motor, and swap out the blown VG for the VH45 out of the Q45, then have a japanese mullet-mobile complete with T-tops.

^^^This. Mullet mobile.... :noel:

Phate

« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2010, 11:21:22 AM »

^^^This. Mullet mobile.... :noel:

Its on my list of future cars.  Theres a couple options for what I want, and depending on what I can find that will help with the choice.  But yeah, japanese V8 powered RWD coupe with T-tops (that don't leak like the ones on a camaro) = massive win.
It never ceases to confuse me that people think this is a car site.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/overdrive14/2vkkmt3.png

NoPistons!

Re: Corvette?
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2010, 03:04:16 PM »

Well nevermind on that deal, just got back from checking it out.  Car looked like it was ran through a sandblaster/brillo pad car wash and then someone decided to put out 50 cigarette butts onto the seats.  Combine that with the fact it had no title and I went ahead and passed LOL.

Sidenote I got a 240sx for free, and now I need to figure out what to do with it...it also doesn't run.

LSX POTATO POTATO TWIN TURBO THAT MOTHERFUCKER.

You put a ka in that thing or mention "sr20" and your eyes will bleed, fingernails will explode and penis will no longer boner for hawt chix.

That being said, 1uzfe all aluminum v8's are cheap monies.  Nothing wrong with stuffing a toyota motor in a nissan.  Fucking rb/sr bullshit is trash.  Dunno why people nut all over them when toyota puts their engines to shame.  Can't say the same about vq series.  Those seem pretty stout.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 03:08:48 PM by NoPistons! »

narfdanarf

« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2010, 06:24:07 PM »

I like the RB motors, but they weigh/cost a fuck ton.  I have a friend with a 1uz for sale he was putting in his 280.  I'm sure I could score it for dirty cheap.....I would prefer something american though just due to aftermarket support.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2010, 09:02:44 PM »

RB25/26 seem stout for what they are, slightly less of a motor than a 2jz.

1uz are a waste of time unless you have rods, which "big rod" motors are getting hard to come across anymore.  Meh, after youve spent $1000 on aftermarket rods, you could have had a built LQ4 with more torque and hp.

Personally, Im a big fan of cramming the largest displacement engine you can into a car, then slapping a turbo on top of that. Anything less is a wasted effort.

blowoff valves are for pussies.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2010, 09:14:26 PM »

...Personally, Im a big fan of cramming the largest displacement engine you can into a car, then slapping a turbo on top of that. Anything less is a wasted effort.

This.

Triple nickel big chief with a pair of 94's... It is my dream, it only ever lasts 6 seconds at a time.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

bouncinofftherevlimiter

« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2010, 11:34:08 PM »

Ls6 s400 800 on stock internals profit.....

;)
No longer own a turbo car...

94 Accord, first running 4g63 piston/h22 rod/f22 block &ampamp crank

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

NoPistons!

« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2010, 07:48:17 AM »

how much does fuel control cost for a 2jz? I only have one friend with a supra and he spent WAYyyy too much on some AEM bs.  I dont know if there is something cheaper.  LSx are easy and cheap to tune, and they love spray.   LSX> 2jz.  2jz is just some gay ricer shit.

heres his supra, been broken for 4 years cuz the stock turbos blew.  I dont even think these cars look that nice anymore  ???

What a lazy faggot.  Car should have been left stock body.  Look at those wheels?  What the fuck is that shit?

Emanage blue would have sqeezed plenty of power compared to that aem for a fraction of the cost.  Money saved could have been spent on a ching chong mani, t70, wastegate and downpipe.  Fuck.  If those are volks on his car, please kill him.  Got fucking volks but cant fix stock twins......  Panty waste.

Now that the pissing contest is over, just v8 swap the thing and have a ball killing yourself with 700hp.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 07:59:59 AM by NoPistons! »

LS1pwNzJ00

• FagoJon is queer bait
  • Certified OG
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2010, 01:21:13 PM »

Lol yup, those are volks.  People that own supra's do not have the RHMT mentailty (aka the CORRECT, BEST SMARTERESTED Mentality) That damn supra has been broken for like 3 years because of his 00 SS, which is a h/c 150shot 9 inch car, a LSx block is going in and the shortblock cost 12k at discount cuz he works at the only REAL performance part store around here (why im friends with him, hooks me up at the store for parts, i.e. $2 a gallon for NawwWZZZzz and overfilling a 10lb bottle to 11-12)

And i wouldn't know those were volks if i didnt remember him bitching about one getting bent during shipping and they had to make another because they are custom offset or width or someshit. 

On a side note, who gives a fuck about name brand rims, aslong as they look decent and can fit fatty tires, and have nomanufacture defects, i'll run fucking knock off's no names all day.  Name brand rims vs knock off rims are like nikes vs payless shoes, they'll both last the same amount of time, and they both were built in china by a oriental child in a sweathsop working for peanuts.
http://<ltltimg src="quotquothttp://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3b3icaMwV1qzy9ouo1_500.jpg"quotquot nbspnbsp width="quotquot200"quotquot height="quotquot400"quotquot>gtgt

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2010, 02:07:55 PM »

Name brand rims vs knock off rims are like nikes vs payless shoes, they'll both last the same amount of time, and they both were built in china by a oriental child in a sweathsop working for peanuts.

Not when the name brand is forged and the knockoff isn't, anyway.

I love it when non-forged knockoffs are light and don't bend, though.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2010, 03:02:32 PM »

MItches 240 is sexier than that Poopra.

---GFI we build FAST---

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2010, 03:49:57 PM »

Mitch's 240 is sexier than any other Nissan product I've ever seen.  Including my bossman's R34.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2010, 04:34:06 PM »

I concur with it being prob. The most sexy Nissan Ive seen, and to know how hard and bad he beats the shit out of it absolutely carelessly makes me tingle in my poop region.

---GFI we build FAST---
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up