:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Picked up a new winter beater/daily driver...PICS!  (Read 8835 times)

97Econobox

• Certified OG
  • Some may never live, but the crazy never die
Re: Picked up a new winter beater/daily driver...PICS!
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2009, 04:58:45 PM »

I have no words jonny.  Its obvious to anyone who works on these cars that from the early 90's GM interiors are shit.  they dont hold up or have any longevity to speak of.  does that mean all of em are trash? no there will alwasy be exceptions to the rule.  Do they cost the same? doesnt matter if hondas cost a fraction or cost 3 times more, there shit last longer period. 

But you're right.  we are all wrong.

Hey guess what.  My dick is still bigger and your truck is slower than my Pilot.  :-*

i ate your mom'#39#39s dick last night :?:

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/nacvicsi/Untitled.gif

90dx

« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2009, 05:09:17 PM »

Nice ride but that is comfy as fuck O0 And fuck Jeeps there fucking junk anyways.

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2009, 05:53:47 PM »

I have no words jonny.  Its obvious to anyone who works on these cars that from the early 90's GM interiors are shit.  they dont hold up or have any longevity to speak of.  does that mean all of em are trash? no there will alwasy be exceptions to the rule.  Do they cost the same? doesnt matter if hondas cost a fraction or cost 3 times more, there shit last longer period. 

But you're right.  we are all wrong.

Hey guess what.  My dick is still bigger and your truck is slower than my Pilot.  :-*

uhhhhh. they both are shitty. my grandma had two cavilers both were perfect being 20 years old.

PERFECT.  if they had a honda... they would'v ebeen perfect too.

they all had shitty interiors. you can find examples of both by all manufacturers
Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2009, 06:49:59 PM »

uhhhhh. they both are shitty. my grandma had two cavilers both were perfect being 20 years old.

PERFECT.  if they had a honda... they would'v ebeen perfect too.

they all had shitty interiors. you can find examples of both by all manufacturers

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2009, 07:01:06 PM »

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2009, 11:16:53 PM »

You guys are saying 80's-90's Honda interiors are nice? :?:

From a functionality standpoint, yes.  From a glued on fake wood dash facia that looks great to someone who's never seen a real wood dash, that starts peeling off after five years like some VWs, no I guess it's not as nice.

Ergonomics has as much if not a whole lot more to do with it in my mind that whether or not the car came with leather seats and doo-dads you don't need.

Yoseph, I do not like VW's, yes I have built lots of parts for them and owned a few as well but I do not like anything about those cars, the only mild attraction is the small 4cyl turbo diesels.

I like 80's mercedes interiors, they aren't like bmw's with all sorts of fancy doo dads, they are basic and clean. I like the 190e 2.3-16 Cosworth interiors, as well as c4 chassis s4 and s6 Audi interiors, both in black leather. They don't rattle and buzz like Honda interiors of the same age, not to mention having little to no road noise.

80's Honda interiors rattle about as much as 80's Mercedes.

96+ Honda chassis... Soichiro was on his deathbed and the K-series was already laid down on paper.  I don't like them, either.

Like I said, varies year to year, OEM to OEM, model to model.

Not even fucking close. A honda with 500,000miles is waaay on the brink for the vehicle, in every aspect. A w124 chassis turbo diesel benzo with 500,000 miles has never had a head gasket done, because it never needed it, and the interior will be quiet and rattle free.

bluerex

« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2009, 12:12:25 AM »

Not even fucking close. A honda with 500,000miles is waaay on the brink for the vehicle, in every aspect. A w124 chassis turbo diesel benzo with 500,000 miles has never had a head gasket done, because it never needed it, and the interior will be quiet and rattle free.

+1

After taking an '87 300TD w 300k+ on it to mexico and back(~3800 miles) trouble free, I have to say the build quality on them is superior.  Not sure why we're comparing them to hondas. 

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2009, 05:04:44 AM »

From a functionality standpoint, yes.  From a glued on fake wood dash facia that looks great to someone who's never seen a real wood dash, that starts peeling off after five years like some VWs, no I guess it's not as nice.

Ergonomics has as much if not a whole lot more to do with it in my mind that whether or not the car came with leather seats and doo-dads you don't need.

Yoseph, I do not like VW's, yes I have built lots of parts for them and owned a few as well but I do not like anything about those cars, the only mild attraction is the small 4cyl turbo diesels.

I like 80's mercedes interiors, they aren't like bmw's with all sorts of fancy doo dads, they are basic and clean. I like the 190e 2.3-16 Cosworth interiors, as well as c4 chassis s4 and s6 Audi interiors, both in black leather. They don't rattle and buzz like Honda interiors of the same age, not to mention having little to no road noise.

96+ Honda chassis... Soichiro was on his deathbed and the K-series was already laid down on paper.  I don't like them, either.

All of the 400K+ Hondas I've seen were the 80's cars, save one.

Headgaskets aren't interior rattles.  Quit changing the premise of the argument.

At 200K the '86 Si has no interior rattles.  The '86 carby Civic I had 10 years ago didn't at 250K, either.

After taking an '87 300TD w 300k+ on it to mexico and back(~3800 miles) trouble free, I have to say the build quality on them is superior.  Not sure why we're comparing them to hondas. 

Have you read this thread?  We are comparing them because Passenger compared them.

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2009, 05:12:21 AM »

i'd rather daily an ew4 than lots of cars, rattles or not. those engines sound so friggin' awesome when you put your foot in them, and handle fantastic.
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2009, 01:57:33 PM »

Headgaskets aren't interior rattles.  Quit changing the premise of the argument.

At 200K the '86 Si has no interior rattles.  The '86 carby Civic I had 10 years ago didn't at 250K, either.

Good grief Joey, I am not changing the premise of the argument, I am explaining the overall build quality. You aren't going to find an 80's honda with over 500k on the clock without major rework throughout the entire vehicle, not to mention the interior.

BTW I originally meant to type w123 benz, not w124, but the w124 are still damn good cars as well.

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2009, 01:59:16 PM »

i'd rather daily an ew4 than lots of cars, rattles or not. those engines sound so friggin' awesome when you put your foot in them, and handle fantastic.

solid rear axle

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2009, 02:09:28 PM »

Good grief Joey, I am not changing the premise of the argument, I am explaining the overall build quality. You aren't going to find an 80's honda with over 500k on the clock without major rework throughout the entire vehicle, not to mention the interior.

BTW I originally meant to type w123 benz, not w124, but the w124 are still damn good cars as well.

Goddamn it I am trying to argue with you on the internet here.  You being so reasonable makes it no fun at all.  NO FUN AT ALL, SIR.

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2009, 08:52:22 PM »

You didn't get the memo? I am not fun.
 :(

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2009, 12:49:23 AM »

You didn't get the memo? I am not fun.

OK
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up