:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: adding a pedal to a HF TIG  (Read 3462 times)

Lowerit

• Certified OG
adding a pedal to a HF TIG
« on: April 17, 2009, 11:17:30 AM »

Buddy of mine is doing this and tripped over this link..good info

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?p=311076

fuck you

Toysrme

Re: adding a pedal to a HF TIG
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 12:07:07 AM »

ya most small welders just use a 1k pot.
instead of building a pedal get some solid state relays a pair of pots and a metronome & build a pulsing box / pedal / finger attachment.

walter

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 10:03:17 AM »

ya most small welders just use a 1k pot.
instead of building a pedal get some solid state relays a pair of pots and a metronome & build a pulsing box / pedal / finger attachment.

what i would like to know is replace HF torch with one pulse torch one. how do i can get it done?

what really reason ppl add pedal to HF welder? ive seen it goes connected on current regulator, idk the what is the difference between welding to 5  with wleding with pedal foot.. you welding changing current all the time or what is the deal?

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 02:48:21 AM »

Welding with a pedal is much easier for a few reasons. First you can heat the metal faster then back off when it it gets too hot. It also makes the scratch start less prone to sticking at lower settings. You also can turn it down to nothing when finishing. If you've welded with it on a higher setting, it can become a freaking light saber when you pull away! Not to mention the lack of gas coverage can ruin that last part of the weld.

I'll try to get pics up of my pedal. Its just some metal MIG'd together, 2 hobby car (R/C) gears, and a pot. Best part is it uses the factory plug, so I can return it to stock in a minute if I need to return it.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

vang1320

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 12:23:11 AM »

excuse my ignorance but does the pedal now control amperage too or just on and off?

Toysrme

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 03:44:26 PM »

it gives you control of the heat input.

by setting the torch on one amperage you now must make very large changes in how you are welding to make a correct weld. it takes alot of skill.
Pages: [1]   Go Up