:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tired of the way DSM 450s idle. Gonna try a P&H driver.  (Read 11144 times)

snm95ls

• Certified OG
Re: Tired of the way DSM 450s idle. Gonna try a P&H driver.
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2009, 01:01:01 AM »

your whole problem is probably just battery offsets and iat ect compensation.

I worked over the battery offset tables when I did the tune.  I thought that I was running just a standard offset table until I compared my current tables to that of the stock Honduh 240 cc injector tables and that of the 1st gen DSM tables provided in Crome.

The issue seems to be related to ambient air temps and not ECT.  I could be off my rocker though.

I would gladly upload my bin, but I tried to do so earlier, and got an error message stating that the upload folder is full.

DmC

• Certified OG
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2009, 01:39:11 AM »

your whole problem is probably just battery offsets and iat ect compensation.

I worked over the battery offset tables when I did the tune.  I thought that I was running just a standard offset table until I compared my current tables to that of the stock Honduh 240 cc injector tables and that of the 1st gen DSM tables provided in Crome.

The issue seems to be related to ambient air temps and not ECT.  I could be off my rocker though.

I would gladly upload my bin, but I tried to do so earlier, and got an error message stating that the upload folder is full.

why not wait until it's the right weather to cause the problem and then fiddle with the iat compensation it's probably go away you could also try disabling the barometric pressure switch

ifly87

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2009, 04:15:09 AM »

Which injector driver board did you go with? let us know how it works when you get it.
Sorry dirtyturbopantyripper, you are banned from using this forum!
You are banned! K Series >gtgt D Series

Lol...Fags

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2009, 08:49:57 AM »

Which injector driver board did you go with? let us know how it works when you get it.

V1.1B

http://jbperf.com/p&h_board/index.html

Will do.  The main intent of the thread was to get some input on the board, if anybody had used one, and to serve as somewhat of a review.  Granted I do not have a set of large by huge P&H injectors to play with, so the results could be somewhat skewed.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2009, 08:53:22 AM »

I don't think the results will be skewed, at all. 

A lot of the available driver boxes have a minimum allowed pulsewidth that's based entirely on dumb current limitation circuitry, and it causes nasty on/off jerky fluctuations in 1600cc injectors at light throttle.  I'm confident that you will get something better out of that daughterboard.

I really want to see you do this.  I've looked at those same boards in the past and thought to myself, Fuck Yeah!  I just don't think that an injector driver is your problem.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2009, 07:47:55 PM »

I worked on this problem a little today.  Turns out that I forgot to reprogram the LC-1 to match up with my display, thus what I was seeing on a day to day basis, was reading richer than what the Wideband was reading.  It was idling around 16.5:1.  No wonder there was a lean miss.   :mexi:  I fiddled with the analog output of the LC-1 to try to replicate a narrowband output. since Innovate's default setting wasn't doing the trick.  I managed to get the ECU to alternate between about 14.2 and 15.1 when fully warm and in closed loop operation.

Tried lots of little tweaks here and there such as the ones mentioned by others in the thread.  It seems to be much more stable at idle now, but because of my gross changes to the battery offset table, I need to spend more time fine tuning the rest of the fuel map again.

Still pretty interested to see how the P&H driver board works out.

I also think I will be adding another O2 bung since I think a stock Honduh oxygen sensor will be much better with closed loop operation.  I don't like the amount of time spent on the rich side of stoich with how the LC-1 is configured right now.  Dunno if anybody has logged a stock sensor compared to a wideband to get a voltage/ lamda slope or not.  I honestly haven't looked into it much.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 09:08:15 PM by snm95ls »

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2009, 08:58:10 PM »

Good work.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2009, 10:16:52 PM »

The board showed up today.  Almost done populating it.  I have a few areas to clean up.  A good soldering station would have made this even easier.

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2009, 11:34:04 PM »

POST PICTURES FAGGOT

I mean, ah, pretty please?   ;)

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2009, 05:27:36 PM »

Pics of the populated board.  One complaint is the size, rather lack thereof, of the solder pads.  I understand that they need to be as small as possible to keep the board dense, thus smaller, but it kind of makes soldering a bit tricky.  A true pencil type soldering iron would have made assembly easier for me, but it came out alright.  Looks there are a couple of joints that could be reworked.   :mexi:

I need to pick up another P06 as a test mule since I plan to integrate the P&H board into the ECU rather than having another box outside of the ECU.

I'd really love to get a demon and an Ectune license as well.

:noel:

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2009, 05:46:44 PM »

Looks good.

Teg2boo

• Certified OG
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2009, 10:19:49 PM »

What is the purpose of the driver exactly?

damn you guys too? its a fucking forum not a court room!
 Its not a forum its a gang.  

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2009, 10:37:31 PM »

What is the purpose of the driver exactly?

To drive peak and hold injectors the way they were originally intended to be driven.  (sounds kind of redundant)

Peak and hold injectors are supposed to be fed a high current at the beginning of the opening event to slam the pintle open( this helps with larger heavier pintles) and then drops the current to a lower level to keep them open for the duration of the opening event.

This adds a greater degree of precision to low Z, injectors to allow them to open consistently at low pulse widths.

I am sure JD will chime in to correct me.

:P

Granted, DSM 450s are relatively small injectors, but I figured I would give it a try and possibly have a good driver for larger injectors in the future.

And yes I know of the high Z 1000 cc/min injectors that are supposed to have great atomization characteristics as well as stability at low pulse widths.

Teg2boo

• Certified OG
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2009, 12:19:04 AM »

Good thing to know. Thanks guys!

damn you guys too? its a fucking forum not a court room!
 Its not a forum its a gang.  

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2009, 12:57:23 PM »

Been slacking on this project.  Will try to get the board at least tested for basic functionality this week.

I would kind of like to setup a scope to check out the output waveform as well.  I may see it I can get something done in that area as well since we have some decent scopes in the Physics lab at school.  I don't recall if they have a signal generator built in or not.  I know we have some of those as well, but I dunno if they are up to the task for use as an input.  Gonna have to dig up a 12V power supply that has more than a 100 mV capacity as well.  Bah.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up