:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: What wideband works perfectly with chrome/ectune?  (Read 16838 times)

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
Re: What wideband works perfectly with chrome/ectune?
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2009, 07:48:50 PM »

that makes sense for permanent install, but i use my lc1 for tuning lots of cars and its always a pain in the ass. oh well, i guess thats just how it is
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2009, 08:14:21 PM »

that makes sense for permanent install, but i use my lc1 for tuning lots of cars and its always a pain in the ass. oh well, i guess thats just how it is

Free air and heater cal before each use, and you should be good to go.  Once I learned that quirk, it became pretty easy when going from car to car.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2009, 08:32:18 PM »

i always calibrate before tuning. i just mean getting the wideband working with crome on multiple cars always sucks. maybe i will get an o2 plug and put it on the output wire so i can just plug it in to the stock harness
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2009, 08:34:31 PM »

i always calibrate before tuning. i just mean getting the wideband working with crome on multiple cars always sucks. maybe i will get an o2 plug and put it on the output wire so i can just plug it in to the stock harness

I use an OBD1 to OBD1 jumper harness, and I made a power supply harness for the LC-1 that allows me to attach the grounds to the t-stat housing as well.

DmC

• Certified OG
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2009, 01:12:50 AM »

With as many weird o2 sensor problems (heater,pump,etc.) as I see on vw/porsche, none of this suprises me.  The standard wideband for the lc-1 is the same wideband vw has used for years.  Do they have o2 problems?  Yeah, but most of em end up being heater problems. Not the actual sensing components of the unit.
That jives with my experiances with them. The most common error code for a bad sensor on my lm-1 is "heater open"
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up