:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wtf is this paypal holding your money ransom  (Read 3074 times)

junkyard racer

wtf is this paypal holding your money ransom
« on: April 10, 2009, 02:35:13 PM »

Whats this horse shit. Paypal is holding my money until the dude on egay leaves feedback or the confirm that the item has shipped. How do they confirm that?

random-strike

• Certified OG
Re: wtf is this paypal holding your money ransom
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 02:36:39 PM »

paypal is shady as well as ebay.

i would not trust them with large amounts of money very often. i did a 3500 transaction once and i was a little scared.
Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 02:40:01 PM »

Paypal sucks.
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam Hopkins
There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, or sleeve. But never too much boost.

junkyard racer

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 02:43:43 PM »

that didnt answer my question

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 02:44:21 PM »

Yeah they hold it.  You're supposed to ship from paypal or provide a tracking number.  I don't know if they actually verify that the item is going to the address, but whatever.  Someone had a claim against me, I put in the tracking number that I had from the post office, and 1 second later it gave me the money.  Don't think they check the "ship to" address so curious if I could have got away with any tracking number (not that I'd do that).

Paypal held $5000 of mine for months and kept giving me the run around.  They'd tell me I needed to send some documentation in, I'd send it, call back, and one person would say it was never received, another would say it was received but not attached to the ticket.  After sending the same shit a few times and getting tired of having to send more shit, I called them and said I was going to the BBB and their state's attorney general, I think it was Nevada they're based out of.  Within 30 seconds, I was magically transferred to an "executive support team," in which someone immediately picked up.  He apologized and said that within 30 minutes my account would be unlocked.  He gave me his personal number in case I had any more problems (which is still in my phone "just in case").  10 minutes later, I could do what I wanted with the money :)

junkyard racer

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 02:51:46 PM »

I put in the tracking number that I had from the post office, and 1 second later it gave me the money.  

This is what I wanted to know. No one has a hold against me, but I just sold something and am wanting to go buy something else, tonight with the money I got from the transaction.

Thanks!

chris

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 02:54:39 PM »

Thats hella wierd  Call paypal. Funds get to you that moment its sent unless its an echeck. You know how many people do custom orders you think they arent going to get there money until a tracking # is shown,Not.

something isnt right with your account or the buyers

junkyard racer

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 03:10:09 PM »

Might be the buyers act. Never thought of that. I've never had a dispute against me in 5 years.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 03:10:17 PM »

I put in the tracking number that I had from the post office, and 1 second later it gave me the money.  

This is what I wanted to know. No one has a hold against me, but I just sold something and am wanting to go buy something else, tonight with the money I got from the transaction.

Thanks!

I think it only does this on new account, and I also think it has to show the item was delivered.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 03:10:25 PM »

One more reason to use a credit card. They get a smaller cut, you can essentially float a payment for up to 30days, and then x-fer the funds from paypal to your bank, to your CC.

That whole 'mess' of x-fers would take me 2 mins to do electronicly, including the 1.75 mins to log into the accounts.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

junkyard racer

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 03:21:38 PM »

I'm in line at the post office. Ill update this when I get back home and enter the number. Ill be on the phone with pp if this shit doesn't release my money

junkyard racer

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 04:20:07 PM »

Just so everyone knows im not crazy

Dear Frank xxxx,

You've received a payment, detailed below. We’ve placed a temporary hold on the funds for this transaction.

PayPal and eBay are working together to make payments for eBay items even safer. Because we want both buyers and sellers to feel confident about sending and receiving payments through PayPal, we may temporarily hold payments for items sold on eBay.

Make sure to ship the item right away, so you'll have access to the funds sooner. We’ll release the hold in 21 days unless you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the hold. We may release the hold earlier if either of the following occurs:

* The buyer leaves you positive feedback on eBay.
    * We confirm that the item was delivered.* We can confirm delivery if you ship the item with USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either use PayPal shipping labels or upload tracking information from the transaction details page. This applies to transactions within the United States.

Additional hold period

If you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the hold, we may hold the payment until the problem is resolved.

Learn more about the PayPal policy for payment holds for eBay items.

We will notify you by email when the funds are released. You can monitor the status of the hold in your Transaction History.

* This applies to US domestic transactions that are shipped by USPS, FedEx, or UPS and either (i) use PayPal shipping labels to ship items or (ii) provide tracking information to PayPal.

Payment Details

Amount (pending): $263.00 USD

And I just entered the information, and my money still isnt in my account. *calling paypal*

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 04:21:04 PM »

Yeah, I had that message the first time I used the ebay account I'm using now.

Suckah

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 04:58:31 PM »

fuck paypal, after seeing this i'm not gonna use it anymore.
when i sold stuff i would always take the money out of my paypal account just in case the buyer tried to pull a scam. if the money isn't in your paypal account then they can't get the money back.

If your paypal account is linked to a bank account then Paypal can pull the money straight from your bank account at any time.  Its in the user agreement.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 05:02:24 PM »

when i sold stuff i would always take the money out of my paypal account just in case the buyer tried to pull a scam. if the money isn't in your paypal account then they can't get the money back.

If your paypal account is linked to a bank account then Paypal can pull the money straight from your bank account at any time.  Its in the user agreement.

Never seen it happen though.  Last time I got fucked over and paypal wanted $300, I stopped using the account.  They sent it to collections and never got the money even though the account was open.

junkyard racer

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009, 05:07:40 PM »

I got off of the phone with paypal and ebay. I guess a new policy started about 6 months ago, that if you do not have over 100 positive SELLERS feedback, your money is placed in holding until the item is delivered. I informed them that I have done probably $50k+ worth of business with paypal over the last 7 years I have been a member with them, Ive never had a dispute against me, and because I only have 30 transactions with ebay total, this shouldn't be held against me, as I feel it is. I made it clear to ebay I would quit using there service and that I as a customer felt like I got slapped in the face, because I don't use there service enough. The guy at egay was very nice to me, but the chic at paypal can lick my sweaty ballsack. She was a huge bitch.

hotrex

• Certified OG
  • rough riding niggas since 2002
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 12:21:47 AM »

1. nbspnbsp choda nbspnbsp 584 up, 134 down
 area between your bag and your asshole
Johnny bliss'#039#039s mom really worked my choda yesterday, I wont be able to ride my bike for a week

hotrex

• Certified OG
  • rough riding niggas since 2002
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 12:22:27 AM »

shut the fuck up u cunt cheese infested towel wrangler...   ur a whore
1. nbspnbsp choda nbspnbsp 584 up, 134 down
 area between your bag and your asshole
Johnny bliss'#039#039s mom really worked my choda yesterday, I wont be able to ride my bike for a week

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 12:37:09 AM »

Official hotslice lovins right there.

chris

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2009, 12:53:59 AM »

http://reviews.ebay.com/PayPal-2008-Changes-The-21-day-hold-on-your-money_W0QQugidZ10000000005528443

This would explain why I dont find new sellers on ebay really anymore

skinnye

• Certified OG
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2009, 02:50:56 AM »

I had that happen one time, they held like a hundred bucks for 21days.  I was selling a few things and they only held the money on one of the items.  I was pissed, but it hasn't happened since.  I only sell parts on ebay or anything I can't sell on amazon.

junkyard racer

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2009, 02:34:18 PM »

shit. I didnt know you could sell on amazon.

chris

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2009, 03:02:36 PM »

yahoo stores also. Im planning on opening one soon a buddy of mine runs one and does pretty well with it

ebay isnt your only choice by far

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2009, 04:15:11 PM »

eBay is just convienent,

they are running with thier popularity, Using the 5star feedback BS as a way to increase seller fees, not my fault they opt for USPS Parcel Post and it takes a week and a half to go across the country.  I'm about done selling with them.

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2009, 07:13:50 PM »

Fuck Ebay and PayPal.

They took me for $850.00 about 6 years ago.

www.paypalsucks.com  <-- Check it.

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG

junkyard racer

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 07:57:49 AM »

Turns out the guy doesnt want it, sending it back to me. Claims its not what I described. Its def. described the best of my ability with the naked eye.

Its listed as no refunds, but the bastard has me by the balls with paypal holding onto my money. fuck.  :?:

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 01:22:07 PM »

That sucks the guy sent it back after obviously broke it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up