:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sr20det tuning.  (Read 6363 times)

fuse

sr20det tuning.
« on: April 22, 2010, 08:47:39 PM »

Trying to brake out of just tuning hondas again...........

Want to tune a 240sx with a sr20det swap.

Read up on nistune at http://www.nistune.com/ but they leave stuff out like what the hell is the Q offset rpm table (searched nistune forum also)? Any other good reading on nistune around? Can I use this board with nistune http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?cPath=68&products_id=206 and a single user license (im thinking you have to get the dealer licence to use ostriches and what not)?

I can get the bin to open up on tuner pro thats about it after reading the nistune stuff I understand some of it. Looks like I will also need Nissan DataScan to log. Any other good reading on tuner pro?

Should I even consider any others bikirom, romedit, liveedit?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 08:57:44 PM by fuse »

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
Re: sr20det tuning.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 09:58:13 PM »

There's a little more to it than that.  You need a Consult cable (blazt.biz) to datalog, and the Consult datastream is VERY sensitive to RF noise so you HAVE to run Iridium plugs.  You can log with Nissan Datascan aka NDS, costs around $35 or so and 1.53+ supports wideband logging - all of which has to be serial.  NisTune supports a cool $30 widget from DLP called the IO-8, it takes up to 8 channels of analog signals and turns it into a serial (USB) datastream... NDS might, I do not know.  As far as editing the ROM, I know the freeware Tunerpro .xdf for S13 KA24DE makes what NisTune has look retarded, and wouldn't be surprised if the S13 SR20 situation isn't similar.

I ASSume you are dealing with an S13?  And what are you wanting to do with it?  Two weeks ago those Moates boards were called v1.1 - I have the v1.0 boards, same shit missing one trace so they have a jumper wire on them but work great.  $30 shipped puts one in your home.

Read over the NisTune tuning documents.  NisAnd because I'm an intellectual being,  are horribly simple to the point of being crude... if tuning is difficult then there's something wrong with the system.  (Usually grounds, or MAF)

FYI, stock block SR20DET record in close to 500.  Stock block KA24DE record is over 600, I've made over 400 wtq on the stock KA rod and they love it.  SR's are one of the most overrated motors ever ever ever, I really advise selling the stupid fucking thing and getting a newer junkyard KA for $0.59, buying your tuning gear with the proceeds, as well as some cocaine and a hooker.  Spend the remaining money on your kid's college.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 10:03:36 PM »

There's a little more to it than that.  You need a Consult cable (blazt.biz) to datalog, and the Consult datastream is VERY sensitive to RF noise so you HAVE to run Iridium plugs.  You can log with Nissan Datascan aka NDS, costs around $35 or so and 1.53+ supports wideband logging - all of which has to be serial.  NisTune supports a cool $30 widget from DLP called the IO-8, it takes up to 8 channels of analog signals and turns it into a serial (USB) datastream... NDS might, I do not know.  As far as editing the ROM, I know the freeware Tunerpro .xdf for S13 KA24DE makes what NisTune has look retarded, and wouldn't be surprised if the S13 SR20 situation isn't similar.

I ASSume you are dealing with an S13?  And what are you wanting to do with it?  Two weeks ago those Moates boards were called v1.1 - I have the v1.0 boards, same shit missing one trace so they have a jumper wire on them but work great.  $30 shipped puts one in your home.

Read over the NisTune tuning documents.  NisAnd because I'm an intellectual being,  are horribly simple to the point of being crude... if tuning is difficult then there's something wrong with the system.  (Usually grounds, or MAF)

FYI, stock block SR20DET record in close to 500.  Stock block KA24DE record is over 600, I've made over 400 wtq on the stock KA rod and they love it.  SR's are one of the most overrated motors ever ever ever, I really advise selling the stupid fucking thing and getting a newer junkyard KA for $0.59, buying your tuning gear with the proceeds, as well as some cocaine and a hooker.  Spend the remaining money on your kid's college.

Always do as JD says and you wont go wrong!
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

fuse

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 11:56:13 PM »

There's a little more to it than that.  You need a Consult cable (blazt.biz) to datalog Ya I know about that did know about blazt.biz thanks , and the Consult datastream is VERY sensitive to RF noise so you HAVE to run Iridium plugs Also good to know thanks.  You can log with Nissan Datascan aka NDS, costs around $35 or so and 1.53+ supports wideband logging - all of which has to be serial I am running a lm2 will this be a problem?.  NisTune supports a cool $30 widget from DLP called the IO-8, it takes up to 8 channels of analog signals and turns it into a serial (USB) datastream... NDS might, I do not know.  As far as editing the ROM, I know the freeware Tunerpro .xdf for S13 KA24DE makes what NisTune has look retarded, and wouldn't be surprised if the S13 SR20 situation isn't similar So your more for tuner pro? How the hell do you turn off o2 sensor correction?.

I ASSume you are dealing with an S13?Yes  And what are you wanting to do with it? It is running a bigger turbo afrs look safe at the moment on the stock ecu. Wanting to maybe run a bigger afm, bigger injectors, e85 and a hair more boost  Two weeks ago those Moates boards were called v1.1 - I have the v1.0 boards, same shit missing one trace so they have a jumper wire on them but work great.  $30 shipped puts one in your home.I am assuming this will only work with tuner pro and not a single user license of nistune

Read over the NisTune tuning documentsI did...... Not all the info is present what the hell is the Q offset rpm table everything else makes sense to me at the moment.  NisAnd because I'm an intellectual being,  are horribly simple to the point of being crude... if tuning is difficult then there's something wrong with the system.  (Usually grounds, or MAF)

FYI, stock block SR20DET record in close to 500.  Stock block KA24DE record is over 600, I've made over 400 wtq on the stock KA rod and they love it.  SR's are one of the most overrated motors ever ever ever, I really advise selling the stupid fucking thing and getting a newer junkyard KA for $0.59, buying your tuning gear with the proceeds, as well as some cocaine and a hooker.  Spend the remaining money on your kid's college.I don't know shit about nisAnd because I'm an intellectual being,  in general the old motor some how lost the timing chain guides. Bolts not tightened and they ended up in the oil pan. Crashed valves not in a nice way sr20 is in the car as we speak he found it for cheap apparently???

Nissan
nissan
nisAnd because I'm an intellectual being,
lol

lilpooh21186

• Certified OG
  • B16 Short strokes but holds a high note
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 12:26:17 AM »

I hear nothing but good things about nistune as a buddy of mine didnt listen he purchased Haltech platinum 1000 now the beast doesnt start.
Ecu chipping
basmaps
tuning Dyno/street pm for details
Neptune Dealer PM for RTP details

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 07:45:28 AM »

Fuse, I have no idea how to reply to that huge mass of text you threw back at me.

With NisAnd because I'm an intellectual being, , you try not to change both injectors and MAF at the same time.  Change one, see where it moves your K and (if it's the MAF) adjust the MAF curve as needed, and then swap in the other.  I set most of the target fuel table to stoich and try to nail the K that way, then once that's done set fuel for a safe 11.5:1 in boost and tweak the MAF curve like a Ford (Target AFR/Actual AFR and then multiply that by MAF voltage at that point).

I have no idea what that Q offset shit is, either.  Why are you bothered by it?  And how did you find it and miss the O2 flag to disable closed loop?

fuse

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 09:18:38 PM »

Fuse, I have no idea how to reply to that huge mass of text you threw back at me.Sorry at least Im posting in pink this time

With NisAnd because I'm an intellectual being, , you try not to change both injectors and MAF at the same time.  Change one, see where it moves your K and (if it's the MAF) adjust the MAF curve as needed Good to know was planing on tuning one thing at a time anyway,start with a baseline, add maf, add injectors, add e85. The thing alrady has a bigger turbo and cams so Its not going to be straight forward. I will do what I always do best just fuck with it till it run somewhat correct. , and then swap in the other.  I set most of the target fuel table to stoich and try to nail the K that way, then once that's done set fuel for a safe 11.5:1 in boost and tweak the MAF curve like a Ford (Target AFR/Actual AFR and then multiply that by MAF voltage at that point).

I have no idea what that Q offset shit is, either.  Why are you bothered by it? Not knowing kills me inside dont know why I just wont mess with it  And how did you find it and miss the O2 flag to disable closed loopYa I see how to disable closed loop in nistune but how do you dissable closed loop with tuner pro?

Will a single user license of nistune only work with a nistune board?

fuse

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 11:34:27 PM »

Do I need the datascan or the conzult program?

Datascan http://www.blazt.biz/products/datascan.php
conzult http://www.blazt.biz/products/conzult.php?product=z32

The conzult is expensive boo.

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 11:36:41 PM »

Never seen/used(or heard of) ConZult.

fuse

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 11:41:57 PM »

So just datascan and datalog view then I take it? Conzult looks cool but damb 200ish.

turbo4life

• Certified OG
  • trying to get a college education.
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 04:19:56 AM »

dont like nisAnd because I'm an intellectual being,  they seem weak to me.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 04:31:14 AM by turbo4life »
ILL KEEP MY GUNS, FREEDOM &ampamp MONEY....YOU CAN KEEP THE "quotquotCHANGE"quotquot

NO BOOSTED RIDES!! dont drive a honda no mo!!!! miss that shit!!!

fuse

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 09:41:13 PM »

Doesn't look like datascan has map for the jdm sr20det ecu. Do I have to open the log in exel or something?

FreshDA9

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 02:02:06 PM »

if i remember right consult needs an ostrich to run it or in some cases 2 ostrich's i dunno if they have adapted the consultant cable. 
"quotquot"quotquotBuy your own pants, Get your hands outta mine!"quotquot"quotquot

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 04:44:16 PM »

if i remember right consult needs an ostrich to run it or in some cases 2 ostrich's i dunno if they have adapted the consultant cable. 

Dual Ostriches do not work with Enthalpy, Moates, or Ais/Dev daughterboards.  I'm pretty sure they simply do not work.

fuse

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 11:25:47 PM »

I ordered all the shit I think I might need to get started anyway. I just got this kit. http://www.blazt.biz/order/order.php the usb consult + the logger and log reader. I will just mess around with it and see what happens. I plan on just logging before I change anything anyway.

TTC

• Certified OG
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 09:42:14 AM »

The Ka's have a bad rap cause nissan people are fucking Rtards. They tune with safcs, vicegrips and jesus. They then flog them off the limiter for 2min and wonder why they pop.
Pages: [1]   Go Up