:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which ECU do I have??  (Read 6904 times)

funtimes

Re: Which ECU do I have??
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2009, 03:37:31 PM »

When i compare this picture from xencron.com with the how to on wiring up vtec it looks like I have all the pieces already soldered in....
check out this picture Unlinked for apex
when compared I can see everything is installed from the kit. So I think it does have vtec wired in.
What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 05:04:23 PM by funtimes »

ApexSilver06MR

• RealHomeMadeTurbo's "pee wee"
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • RealHomeMadeTurbo Resident Cocksmith!
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2009, 05:01:54 PM »

When i compare this picture from xencron.com with the how to on wiring up vtec it looks like I have all the pieces already soldered in....
check out this picture http://www.xenocron.com/install/1980.htm
when compared I can see everything is installed from the kit. So I think it does have vtec wired in.
What do you guys think?

look here noob..  you never made an intro. no pics of your girlfriend and you linked to a site that we dont approve of.  imma lock this shit up
pee wee for the size of my p..........

Nor*Cal Spoolin'#039#039 Nig Nog

funtimes

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2009, 05:04:51 PM »

check out this picture http://www.xenocron.com/install/1980.htm
What do you guys think?

look here noob..  you never made an intro. no pics of your girlfriend and you linked to a site that we dont approve of.  imma lock this shit up

unlinked for you now. Now can you point me in the right direction?

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2009, 05:13:35 PM »

pgmfi.org is all you need. ;D

BTW where is your credentials I have not seen any pr0n or intro thread from you. :?: 
you were already given great advice after a surprising amount of spoon feeding for a noob.  Looks like your luck ran out

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2009, 08:21:44 PM »

check out this picture Unlinked for apex
What do you guys think?

Everything is very much not soldered in.  Ignore the writeup, go to pgmfi.org as I instructed you.

Also, Mark Lamond's O2 sensor circuit modification is seven years old now, guys, don't question Francis.  What you're asking is the same level as OP's questions... you have a text book in front of you, the original DIY writeup, USE IT.  If you don't understand something come back here and you'll get clarification.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2009, 09:09:38 PM »

...Also, Mark Lamond's O2 sensor circuit modification is seven years old now, guys, don't question Francis.  What you're asking is the same level as OP's questions... you have a text book in front of you, the original DIY writeup, USE IT.  If you don't understand something come back here and you'll get clarification.

The 0-5 V mod for the O2 input?  If so, then from what I recall, it was a little more than just removing a couple of resisters, hence my confusion.

I just looked though the documentation on both Mark's page and the PGMFI Wiki.  Neither mention removing R136 and R138 in regards to this modification.  Granted the P72/P75 board layout is a bit different than the P30 etc.

FreshDA9

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2009, 11:57:11 PM »

I have always seen to improve wideband signal remove R136 and R138. i do this on all ecu's i have chipped never had a wideband issue.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 12:07:09 AM by FreshDA9 »
"quotquot"quotquotBuy your own pants, Get your hands outta mine!"quotquot"quotquot

chris

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2009, 05:46:52 AM »

turkey dinner pics

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2009, 02:25:07 PM »

I also bought C3 AMD AM29F040B chip so I could get a tune burned for me.
From my research I think i should be all set correct?
Thanks again for everyones help.

Nobody noticed that? That chip won't work w/o an adapter. It's a 32-pin, 4mbit chip. The ecu socket is only 28-pin. You can, however, make a 16-timer adapter explained in a write-up I made. It would give you 16 individual tunes if so needed. Otherwise get a 28-pin eeprom with 256k or 512k memory such as http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=39

FYI practically all obd1 ecu's that can be used by ectune/homodata/etc can be made into another, like a p05/p06 upgraded to p28. A p75 can have vtec added to it, and most can also get egr and iab outputs (ectune only). All besides p72 can have another output added through ectune for autotrans lockup, besides p72. Adding a knock board isn't an option, however it's basicly useless. The p30 and p72 use it, and p72 also has IAB circuitry.

With a program like ectune, the order of usefulness IMO: p28/p30/p06/p75/p05, then p72. The others will sometimes fetch a premium since they're rare/jdm.

I can't comment on the wideband/resistor stuff, I tune with an LC-1 serial stream, and my daily WB (techedge) is only for monitoring raw AFR's. I do use narrowband sim to target 15:1 for cruising, but seems to work fine.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up