:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OBD2b to OBD1 conversion...  (Read 2790 times)

walter

• Certified OG
OBD2b to OBD1 conversion...
« on: June 11, 2013, 07:03:23 PM »

Hi, im doing that conversion for a EK , installing a D16z6 head, i already adapted obd1 plugs for IAT, Idle valve, about dizzy i dissambled completely and just changed the case for bolts in Z6 head so i dont have to make any dizzy conversion harness, i only have to rewire resistor box and i dont know what to do with EVAP that come with D16z6 intake. i dont find any EVAP plug in OBD2b harness..any input? thanks in advance!

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Re: OBD2b to OBD1 conversion...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 08:39:21 PM »

It could be on the firewall chassis harness, sometimes the valve is near the charcoal canister. It's not really a big deal, just plug it on the manifold and run the charcoal canister outlet out below the car to the passenger side.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

walter

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 08:54:16 AM »

found it, i assume it's not necessary to make conversion, i have a doubt with resistor box..

checking continuity with injectors.. ok

my doubt is to solder the other resistor box wire (yellow/black) to the engine harness..

in the top there is only 2 wires (yellow/black colour), my question is if to solder the resistor box wire to these 2 wires or when exactly.

rear side

any input? thanks!

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 09:20:42 AM »

look at the connector you removed from that plug, you will see that its divided into 2 sections.  All the yellow/black wires are jumpered together, and all the black? wires are jumpered together.

I grabbed a plug from the junk yard that plugged into that harness instead of cutting the car harness.  Then I could solder the resistor box to the jy plug for the injectors, and twist the rest of the wires that should be jumpered together.

I hope that makes sense because I didn't think to get pictures, or that was 6 phones ago and its gone.  Any my buddy sold it a week after we finished it.

walter

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 09:35:20 AM »

all wires are yellow/black excetp 1 or 2 if i remember correctly, anyway the plug of that dead plug are all connected. i will check it today. i'd like to find one of these plugs for doing a harness but right now it's not possible so that's the only way i have to do this.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 09:51:32 AM »

Here in the US we have USDM preludes and accords that have resistor box that go to that plug.

Find one and plug and play, no soldering required.  :noel:

walter

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 05:52:23 PM »

any diagram for to connect the red wire with that obd2b dead plug?

found this but it's not clear when it connect the red wire.

http://www.b20vtec.com/forums/general-tech/463375-dyi-wiring-resistor-box-into-obd2b-harness.html?viewfull=1

just for to make that easy, otherwise i will have to check with key on  :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up