:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how is my progress? crome.......now AEM EMS.  (Read 2555 times)

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
how is my progress? crome.......now AEM EMS.
« on: December 17, 2012, 11:53:47 PM »

ok so here are my current maps. would like you guys to take a look, provide some insight.

i dont think i have touched the high cam fuel at all. just how it was?

here are some logs...

think this pull was legit... i do notice that VTEC is set at like 4000rpms, and seems to cut on an off for a couple 100 rpms. notice its off right there. then turns back on and stays on.....according to the log window anyway.

ok, i think this is one of the ones i had issues with. i think. might be the other one. dont really remember. but it would cough/fart right at the end of the pull, well, where i would shut it down.

wtf? kinda having an issue with this one. notice the trace, notice the RPMs in the top right....wtf?

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 01:12:13 AM by turbohf »
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Re: how is my progress? crome
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 01:03:31 AM »

Lean it out a lot. Any misfire will let lots of raw gas into the exhaust, and the next valve to open will burn it. You can also lean it more in low boost than you'd run in mid-high boost. There's enough back pressure while it's spooling where you don't need the extra gasoline for cooling.

As for vtec, crome log probably judges if it's on or off based on RPM without hysteresis. Since rpm will always bounce a little, it goes above/below the engagement rpm. Otherwise you'd have to add another 100-200 rpm between vtec engagement and disengagement.

As for the high-cam fuel map, that's ideal and I hope you copy/paste it to low cam. :P
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 12:24:25 PM »

I remember Dave saying that he liked to run 13ish for the first lb or 2 of boost because it helped the plugs stay clean as it was ramping into boost. Set your target afrs, and then do some driving and then go back and interpret your logs, make changes, and then do it again.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 01:22:38 PM »

That's what I do. Mid-low 13's till well into boost. Then 12 till about 10psi. I go richer as psi increases after that and adjust with plug readings. I imagine its probably a combination of engines needing different afr and widebands not being the end all be all, but it varies where I am under the same psi conditions
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
Re: how is my progress? crome.......now AEM EMS.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 01:16:52 AM »

ok. i guess i will update this...

i am no longer running CROME PRO. im running an AEM EMS, 30-1040 box.  been running since christmas.

had a glitch with my map that showed me maxing out my fuel. with some JD help, i got it fixed it looks like. so i went for some more tuning. needed some re dialing in of the map for the rescale.

so everyday i seem to learn something... and today i noticed this...

i checked my KS log on this pull. as you can see, doesnt look like its all happy. (oh, i learned that this works. and i was looking at the wrong KS reading too)

AFR's arent on that plot cuz it only lets me do 3 at a time. dont remember what they are, but seemed fine (O2 feedback is setup). only did a pull to.....well fuck i just did a pull, i dont have a tach lol. from that it looks like 5800rpms. getting erratic shit from the KS from 4700-5800. most the time its below like .5-.6v

here is #3 before you ask...

they all looked fine, the same.

took little over 1 deg out that area, for now.

btw, im sure JD or someone will as, or want to. but its a Honda B-series KS. cuz thats what i found. wire is shielded (honda 02 sensor wire).

thoughts?
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

mrgreengenes

Re: how is my progress? crome.......now AEM EMS.
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 01:23:33 PM »

you can add any sensor to the logs.  It will just be an overlay on top of any of the 3 already shown.  When opening a log, click the "overlay" button, choose sensor/reading, profit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up