:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OBD1 in and '88 Integra  (Read 4938 times)

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
OBD1 in and '88 Integra
« on: March 21, 2014, 11:57:35 AM »

I put a head in the 'Teg that requires and obd1 ECU.

I have a standard jumper harness for OBD0 to OBD1 ECU in the car now.

Does not run and I get a solid CEL, check the codes on Crome Pro logging and it list practically all sensors.

I'm now in the process of figuring out which wires I need to move around on the OBD0 side of the jumper harness.

The weird thing is I had the car running, rough a bit on a virgin P06 before, excessively rich!!!

I weird in a WB and have it going to the C16 of the OBD0 side of the harness.

I have the P72, I use to tune five other cars and so I know it is a decent working ecu.

I'm using this diagram form http://www.redpepperracing.com/forums/?showtopic=46607 for the '88 Integra harness

From

I'm aware of this for the distributor, Daspoop had already did this so I can use my OBD1 distributor.
http://zcspeed.com/SiZCwiring.pdf

I'm also looking at this for the OBD0 side of the jumper harnes, sort of a cross reference.
http://www.redpepperracing.com/wiki/index.php?title=B_Series_Swap_Wiring_Chart

Going over these I see a few issues involving what A17 (Ignition Swirtch) pin of '88 Interga harness goes where? A17 on the OBD jumper harness is not being used.

Then on all of the listed main relay pinouts for the '88 Integra do they need to be moved or manipulated? or as long as ground goes ground it does not mater which ground pin on relay is which, just long it is ground?

I hear the fuel pump kick on.   

I only have a PM3 ecu to go back to OBD0 for testing and I get a code 15 Ignition Output Signal, but I assume that is due to cranking for more than 30 sec. and the care never starts.

If anybody has dealt with this issue let me know NOGS!!!!  :noel: :noel: :noel: :noel: :noel: :noel: :noel: :noel:

DasPoop

• Certified OG
Re: OBD1 in and '88 Integra
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 03:00:15 PM »

It should be 100% plug and play otherwise I wouldn't have been able to put the pg7 directly in the rex.

Perhaps I will have to make a plane ride to those parts again.
Na mike:"quotquotthe one i had was a real bbw, not just a fat chick, but a huge fat chick"quotquot

danz

• Certified OG
  • 0-60 in 2.7 seconds
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 03:00:24 PM »

True it should be 100% plug and play.
10.510 @ 133.09 mph D16Z6 EJ6
10.912 @ 127.33 mph D16A6 ED6

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 11:27:03 AM »

From the looks of it, it's not a ecu harness problem. Your jumper harness could be complete junk & wired wrong - the only ecu difference is the A17 wire (which I think is a switched +12v input) and C12 (which I think the ground for the PM6 sensors listed). A ground is a ground when they all end up at the same grounding lug. That could be the problem, maybe the ecu and/or sensors aren't grounded correctly. You may also want to test that P72 on another car to see what happens. It's improbable but not impossible for it to fail the moment it hooks to a different car like the integra.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

DasPoop

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 12:08:43 PM »

Its possible that the t stat ground on that car is corroded up again too. That drove me nuts for like a few days I got fuel pump sometimes and the CEL cycled too but it just wasnt good enough to fire.
Na mike:"quotquotthe one i had was a real bbw, not just a fat chick, but a huge fat chick"quotquot

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 10:41:18 PM »

I'll check on the T-stat ground tomorrow.

I looked over the adapter harness, the MAP and TPS sensor was swapped, C1 CKP P and C16 O2S of the Integra harness goes to B15 CKP P. I have the O2 part of the Integra harness disconnected and the analog output of my WB O2 hooked up to D14 on the civic side of the harness.

B15 ICM and B17 ICM connected together and go to A21 ICM OBD1 side of harness.
But in a couple of site B15 goes to A21 and B17 goes to A22, does it mater?

I swapped P72 and to my P72 clone, and I get my laptop to say the datalogger is hooked up but is not logging.

With the P72  tuning ecu, I kept getting the FLR to come on when I connect and disconnect the DL cable, but it does not happen with the P72 clone.

I'll play with more later, I need to get back to the Twincharge Civic update.  :noel:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 11:04:10 PM by 92CXyD »
Pages: [1]   Go Up