:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neptune users Im having some problems.  (Read 4786 times)

fuse

Neptune users Im having some problems.
« on: January 07, 2012, 05:04:15 PM »

I became a neptune dealer a little bit ago and was wondering if anyone has come across these problems (me tuning shity) before in neptune and what you did to fix it.

1.Adjusting fuel cut I eather get flames on deceleration or a some what dead spot at the set rpm for fuel cut.

2.On crome the idle is fine on neptune idle we hear a little bit of a knock cold (maybe ect vs timing to high?)

3.Did a high compression gsr started with stock gsr timing let some out and lost power it like more timing in the table then stock almost 4-6 up in spots. This is not a problems just very different then crome, when I tune crome setups sucking out timing usually helps. Maybe the neptune base maps are very conservative?

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Re: Neptune users Im having some problems.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 05:52:15 PM »

Crome uses the stock ecu's rpm corrections, IE higher rpm = more retard. This was noted when ECtune was being put out, so I presume Neptune also did away with the stock retard. That could be the problem for your idle and gsr issues.

Fuel cut is hard to deal with sometimes, and I don't quite recall how I delt with it. I think you turn it off, measure your highest vacuum on decel, then put in a number a bit higher (more absolute pressure) so it work right.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

sewell94

• Certified OG
  • Border Jumper
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 06:36:18 PM »

You can turn the timing that Hiprofile is talking about on or off in neptune or ectune, If its on it more rpms=more advance.

Ectune, Neptune, are very different from Crome,  Thats the reason your willing to pay for them.
My real power is not interweb-based, although it does allow me to come across in the interwebs as a magical being shooting pixie dust and cupcakes out my asshole and such.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 07:53:32 PM »

Sewell is right Neptune and crome are very different. Just have to change your tuning methods a little. I don't pay much attention to the timing numbers themselves. Just read plugs.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 09:00:59 PM »

Agree with what others have said in here so far.  I had to learn new ways to deal with stuff after switching to Neptune.

Can you guys elaborate on the ignition timing deal though?

theidealone

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 10:09:49 PM »

Parameters>Main Settings>Options>Ignition Adjustments

You can allow it to make adjustments, or uncheck the box so the ECU cant make adjustments. When you uncheck the box, you can set parameters for at what load it will enable/disable.

We didnt realize this when I first switched to NepTune. Luckily, NepTune has a gauge to show Actual Timing, and Table Timing. So we noticed it was running 35+ degrees of timing, when the table was set for 20 or something. Sadly it was noticed after making a full pass at the track, on 30psi. LOL. But the motor survived.

As far as the fuel cut. Are you talking about fuel cut rev limiter? Or fuel cut, as in shutting the injectors off in decel?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 10:11:36 PM by theidealone »

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 10:22:33 PM »

Parameters>Main Settings>Options>Ignition Adjustments...

That is what I figured was being discussed, but I wasn't sure.  lol.

The decel fuel cut in Neptune takes some finesse in my experience.

fuse

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 12:56:05 AM »

Sewell is right Neptune and crome are very different. Just have to change your tuning methods a little. I don't pay much attention to the timing numbers themselves. Just read plugs.

Ya I did just follow the numbers uping timing gained it was just strange to see the numbers that high compared to crome. It apples and oranges

Parameters>Main Settings>Options>Ignition Adjustments

You can allow it to make adjustments, or uncheck the box so the ECU cant make adjustments. When you uncheck the box, you can set parameters for at what load it will enable/disable.

We didnt realize this when I first switched to NepTune. Luckily, NepTune has a gauge to show Actual Timing, and Table Timing. So we noticed it was running 35+ degrees of timing, when the table was set for 20 or something. Sadly it was noticed after making a full pass at the track, on 30psi. LOL. But the motor survived.

As far as the fuel cut. Are you talking about fuel cut rev limiter? Or fuel cut, as in shutting the injectors off in decel?

I had it checked it was a na tune I don't mind the ecu making adjustments its like that stock correct? With a turbo motor I could see that being a problem.

I am talking about the decel fuel cut. It has a tp,rpm setting. If I have a high tp setting I can stop the pooping but it will cause a strange problem at the set rpm. It will go into fuel cut over that rpm under that tp value (cruising) I may have figured that out by changing the rpm so its not a cruising rpm but just above my idle setting.

Did any of you have to change that? If so what are your setting?

Haven't really figured out the idle knocking noise it random but usually cold. Goes away with only 100-200rpm raise its strange. I have my ostrich hooked up and can dump a crome bin in and it goes away so its in the tune for sure. Will have to do more testing on it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:07:35 AM by fuse »

theidealone

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 03:29:52 AM »

I dont do my own tuning, and we didnt use NepTune for terribly long. So I dont know shit. But I opened up my last tune, and my settings were as follows:

Below Load: 227
Below TP: 4%
Minimum RPM: 1900
Minimum Speed: 0

And Cut Delay is about a quarter of the scale, from the left. So something like so: --[]------

[EDIT] Although I cant say for sure that this worked great, or not. Car had pretty decent streetability, but it wasnt a street car. But maybe itll work for ya? I dont even know if my tuner changed the settings.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 03:31:57 AM by theidealone »

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 08:00:34 AM »

I had it checked it was a na tune I don't mind the ecu making adjustments its like that stock correct? With a turbo motor I could see that being a problem.

I mostly tune turbo stuff and I always leave the adjustments on. I do my best to make all of my tunes drive like stock till the pedal is leaned on. I have yet to have a problem and there are some 400+whp B's on pump gas in there.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 09:47:42 AM »

My fuel cut settings are as follows:

Below load  292
Below Throttle Position 1%
Below RPM 1900
Delay is about 30% of from the left.

NA B20VTAK with a big throttle body, OEM intake, Pro2s, etc.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 12:31:51 PM »

If you turn it off and decel from 4000 in 2nd gear, what is the load in mbar (or kpa)?
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid
Pages: [1]   Go Up