:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Jay & Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ecuflash licensing? Cant get a read  (Read 3287 times)

fuse

Ecuflash licensing? Cant get a read
« on: February 05, 2012, 02:42:05 AM »

I finally got to try out my tactrix openport 2.0 and could not get it read the image. None of the icons light up. Do I need to get a ecuflash licensing? (in the help menu it has a spot for licensing #) Or what am I doing wrong? tried uninstalling, re installing another laptop and another usb cable. I do have the d check connected with cel blinking all that. Any help is appreciated. I did hook up a scan tool and was able to clear codes just fine. I also found that no com port is hooking in device manager.

car is a 2002 wrx.
window xp service pack 3
using the latest version of ecuflash and romraider.

FreshDA9

Re: Ecuflash licensing? Cant get a read
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 11:29:49 AM »

I have seen the licensing tab but mine is not licensed. is iit not coming up in your com ports? on my old XP computer com ports use to mess up on me all the time. google search FTDI clean if you cant get the tactrix to show up in com port tabs.
"quotquot"quotquotBuy your own pants, Get your hands outta mine!"quotquot"quotquot

fuse

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 05:13:03 PM »

Ok found the cleaner will give that a shoot. Ya not getting a com port or any of the read/burn icons at the top of ecuflash coming on. What is the licensing for anyway?

fuse

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 06:41:47 PM »

Tried that still nothing.

FreshDA9

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 08:01:54 PM »

I have no clue what the license thing is about. I have done 2 suabrus and a eclipse and never licensed anything. have you tried plugging it into another com port? do all the lights flash on the tactrix? what colors?

You have a suby do you have the adapter to flash it? when flashing do you have the green connector hooked up also?
"quotquot"quotquotBuy your own pants, Get your hands outta mine!"quotquot"quotquot

fuse

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 12:06:06 AM »

I have the 2.0 cable nothing is flashing lol. In a normal situation is the 2.0 flashing? I have the green connector hooked up and the fans are kicking on so is the cel. I also have the white 2 pin jumped with my adapter. I have tried different usb ports.

Im starting to think maybe the dlc is missing power or tactrix is shit now.

FreshDA9

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 12:42:24 AM »

I also have the 2.0... When you plug the cable into the obd-2 connector it should have a green light. it has 3 led's green, blue, red. if certain ones are flashing it will tell you if there is an issue with the tactrix. i believe red and blue in a certain sequence means there is a cable problem. usually you get green and your good and blue is used when logging. i also believe green and blue flash when flashing the ecu. 

fuse

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 10:56:20 AM »

I get nothing ok thanks so eather its not getting power or ground or its bad.

FreshDA9

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 11:48:42 PM »

have you tried another car? just plug it into another obd-2 car and see if it lights up.

fuse

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 12:17:34 AM »

I did try that tonight it will not light up crap. I have also read that it should light up just plugged into the usb its not doing that ether. Are you running the micro sd card? I read it is only for stand alone logging but that's the last idea I have. I think the cable is shot.

FreshDA9

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 10:48:53 AM »

yea i have the 2g micro sd. that shouldnt matter as when you connect it to the obd-2 port it should supply the power and ground to the cable and still have lights. if it had lights i can see a rx or tx issue but i would say it might be busted sir. did you buy this new or used. if new bust their balls a bit. if used find that asshole!

fuse

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 12:53:49 AM »

New but Its been sitting around for about a year and a half ::) Had a tune lined up with a freind then it fell threw never tryed it till now. I have another one coming.
Pages: [1]   Go Up