:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dyno'd my boosted D16, sucks  (Read 5071 times)

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Dyno'd my boosted D16, sucks
« on: July 03, 2009, 01:48:43 AM »

Cliffs - 189whp D16 @16psi, keep finding oddball issues. I feel like more of a failure than I already am...

Oddly enough, I'm pissed at all the ricer excuses I have that are actually true. I'll be posting the dyno sheet later Friday so you can see. Basicly it's a stock Z6 with cp's/eagle's, S-trim t3/t04b (think 60trim t3), elephant manifold, and 3" dp w/cutout & stock muffler. At first glance, it's not bad considering it's a stock Z6 exhaust manifold & recirculated dump.

First I realized something was wrong when the cutout@16psi only made 20whp more than the stock muffler at 10psi (169 vs 189). Apparently my dumb ass loaded the wrong secondary timing maps, twice. I originally made a super-conservative map for EBC testing, which ended up with 5* at 15psi. 5 mins after the 3 dyno pulls, I had it on the road running 18psi smooth as silk, just by adding a couple degrees.

Second Only today did I find the throttle cable nut had backed all the way out - how ever the fuck that happens. So it was 2/3 throttle on the damn dyno. I immediately thought of Hotrex build thread...

Third I haven't changed my oil for almost a year. That's not really an excuse, just haven't driven it much due to finishing school.

Fourth my crappy datalog cable wouldn't connect until AFTER getting off the rollers. I might have caught this shit the day before, if not for the malfunction.

It's just really crappy to waste money on the rollers, although in this case it was my b-day present. I did manage to win some phenolic intake spacer gasket thing for my stock b16. The only good thing about the dyno graph is how much faster the turbo spools with the cutout open. It hit 16psi ~500rpm faster than 10psi just from the cutout. Other than that, I was still enjoying the ear-splitting "bolt-on" dohc vtec motors making less power than my lowest pull. The single H22 that ran only managed 190whp [boltons afaik]. BTW if you read all this crap, feel free to flame - I'll be out making my Greddy BOV whistle as I rip 16sec 1/4 mile's... :P

they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

89hatchsir

Re: Dyno'd my boosted D16, sucks
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 02:09:56 AM »

Those aren't bad numbers. Tuners always tell you to have your car sorted out before you get it tuned. I had issues with my mbc while tuning so I ended up tuning on the wastegate spring. Sounds like it's running decent tho.

Find out where lexi Belle lives I wanna rape her. and by rape I mean sweet gentle love....of the ass....and mouth

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 02:43:01 AM »

Those aren't bad numbers. Tuners always tell you to have your car sorted out before you get it tuned. I had issues with my mbc while tuning so I ended up tuning on the wastegate spring. Sounds like it's running decent tho.

That's what drove me nuts - I thought everything was sorted out, besides a little ignition gremlin above 13psi. I just thought it was an old cap/rotor. Other than that, the EBC worked fine, idled like the '09 Si's there, and blew less smoke than 99% of the cars there. This was at the King BBQ day, the Mugen importer, so most were NA Hondas. I guess my goal now is to always have the car done a week ahead of time. I was up til 3am doing shit like putting on a new OEM exhaust bushing/seal.

BTW I drive this thing daily now...at a measly 16psi.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

CSaddict

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 06:33:54 AM »

For comparison purpose I made 186/175 with T25 with a log on a Y7 at 11 psi. I was using 2.5 DP, 2.5 exhaust and kept the A/C.
Your fat ass is just going to drive around in your pile of shit car that is marketed towards 40 yr old recently divorced women trying to be hot shit.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 07:29:32 AM »

A three pull dynoday session is about the absolute worst time to attempt to make any power pulls.  Don't kick yourself over it, at all.

The last D-series I tuned made a 24 whp increase in power off of 2 degrees at 12 psi.  Some setups are forgiving (they are called B-series), others are like the one I just tuned.  You needed 6-12 pulls and would be fine.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 10:20:54 AM »

For comparison purpose I made 186/175 with T25 with a log on a Y7 at 11 psi. I was using 2.5 DP, 2.5 exhaust and kept the A/C.

And Cory made 200+ at 30psi that day :P
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

ryan89crx

• Certified OG
  • 20lbs of love!
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 01:31:11 PM »

BTW I drive this thing daily now...at a measly 16psi.
not bad, i DD'd mine at 21 until the "oops"
d-series on 20 pounds will turn you out!

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 05:55:27 PM »

161 whp and 153 wtq @ 7psi for me, this is a 50 trim t04e turbo. stock internals. And I thought my setup was shit.
fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

jagojon3

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 11:16:54 PM »

Remove that ricer DOHC VTEC sticker and your SOHC will gain about 20-25 WHP.

That's a sohc vtec sticker

Turkey soup pancakes sir

AJxr

• i aint ur buddy pal
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 07:21:45 PM »

so when are you going to re-dyno?
90 hatch
stock b18b1, b16 lsd trans, holset h1c
11.75@114.75mph, 1.76 60 foot. 14psi - retired
Pages: [1]   Go Up