:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 02 WRX HY-35  (Read 24157 times)

asx

Re: 02 WRX HY-35
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2010, 10:34:44 AM »

JD's suggestions 1a and 1b are definitely the cheapest/least ghetto way to go. You'll come out with money from selling the accessport. I used RomRaider back when it was called Enginuity on my mom's MY05 WRX wagon. Aside from the obvious fuel and timing changes the best part IMO was getting to play with the closed loop boost control settings. There are a few settings you can change to make the stock turbo spool like it damnwell should, if the Accessport doesn't take advantage of that then you are really missing out with that holsut.

I think JD referenced it, but didn't explicitly say that you can rescale the Load vs MAF sensor voltage tables. Definitely nice if you'll be putting the MAF in a new housing.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2010, 12:08:27 PM »

I tried to get some logs this morning and *I think* it went into fuel cut at about 6200 rpm. I also noticed the EGT sensor reads constant 689 degrees and set a p0546(EGT sensor). geting a new sensor today

Don't bother, just stick a 2.2K ohm resistor across the EGT terminals.

TTC

• Certified OG
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2010, 02:22:12 PM »

I tried to get some logs this morning and *I think* it went into fuel cut at about 6200 rpm. I also noticed the EGT sensor reads constant 689 degrees and set a p0546(EGT sensor). geting a new sensor today

That is exactly what i did with mine when it went.

SiFlyBy

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2010, 04:11:14 PM »

I kind of wanted to use it for ignition tuning and try to push timing for fuel ecomomy. I already got the sensor and it was only $60. Im just gonna put it in.

I really want your input on this so what are your thoughts here:

Here is one more question for you, just out of curiousity. I have just started a thread on hte CobbTuning forums with the same question: The way the AccessPort tuning guide instructs a nigger to tune past 300 CFM is to lie to the ECU in the last column of the fuel table( it uses the examples 10:1 A/F ratio for 350whp and 8:1 for 400 whp to reach a desired of , say, 11.5:1) Is this complete and utter horseshit or am I missing something else?

hot coolant eats carbon, like a nigger eats chicken.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2010, 04:13:35 PM »

That's as dumb as making the last column in Crome reeeeeeal rich and reeeeeeal retarded so you can push 20 psi on a stock MAP sensor.  The real solution is to use a sensor that reads the entirety of your power output, and tune the vehicle.

SiFlyBy

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2010, 09:39:29 PM »

That's as dumb as making the last column in Crome reeeeeeal rich and reeeeeeal retarded so you can push 20 psi on a stock MAP sensor.  The real solution is to use a sensor that reads the entirety of your power output, and tune the vehicle.

Ok, so I'm not the only one..

kgx

• MR2fag
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2010, 10:57:19 PM »

Off the car pics. I'm getting alot of hate on a local forunm that I frequent.

and when they can fab their own turbo systems, their opinions might be worth something.

there's nothing impressive about a car that someone built with a master card.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2010, 02:16:23 AM »

there's nothing impressive about a car that someone built with a master card.

Exactly. Unless it's a dedicated auto-x car you can drive like a mofo. Tell them they can start offering input when they start cutting sub-2.0 second 0-60's with their AWD car.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

SiFlyBy

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2010, 11:24:47 AM »

The turbo inlet is 4"(~100mm). Im thinking about sticking the MAF sensor in there but IDK if thats gonna be too big to idle worth a fuck or not. I haven't figured on how much bigger it will be compared to the 2.75" or so pipe itsw in now. I'm thinking it will be pretty tuneable at idle and low rpm because it reads ~30 CFM at about 2.6V and uses 2.6V-5V for the other 270 CFM. Anyone have thoughts or experience here? If it doesnt work I will undoubtedly take JDs advice: scrap the AP and go with Romraider. But right now Im trying not to spend more monies.

79fairmont

• Certified OG
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2010, 06:11:24 PM »

Can he simply run the meter in a larger diameter tube like we do in ford land?

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2010, 06:30:50 PM »

I take it you didn't read ANY of this thread...  ::)

1b) Blowthru MAF skews what the MAF actually reads, lower's it's ceiling so to speak.  Dropping that sensor into a 70-75mm housing pre-turbo will both not skew it's output as airmass goes up, but also increase it's peak.  Hell, you can probably try for a full 80mm housing as that's the size of your turbo inlet BUT be aware that when you make a MAF too large you can kill off it's ability to read airmass with any resolution at idle.

In bold so you didn't miss it this time...  ;)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 06:34:33 PM by dvst8r »
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2010, 07:56:43 PM »

I'm pretty sure 79fairmont knows more about dropping sensors into larger housings, and getting the job done, than I do. 

79fairmont

• Certified OG
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2010, 09:22:49 PM »

Admittidly I may have skimmed it over and missed a couple facts I figured JD may have offered that solution. I'm not really familiar with subaru's. I know we often do it on the blue oval products and seem to have no issues with it. I did not know if they had issues doing it in other brands. If I had read more I would have noticed JD as always was on top of his game. I will say blow thru maf's can be the devil. The mafia's work but sometimes can give problems with decreased resolution. Draw thru and turbo's seem to work well together. I still failed at reading the thread though. That's what I love about rhmt always some one there to knock your dick in the dirt if you give them the chance.

SiFlyBy

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2010, 10:03:25 PM »

I'm kind of a Ford Nog myself by experience, that is why that makes sense to me.

Alrighty then...23.74625 is the area of the current MAF housing. 50.24 is a 4" housing. divided we get .47 . Unless my math is fukd that is the multiplier I would have to start with if I wanted to change the MAF housing and should allow me to tune to around 600 CFM.Although I don't plan to go that far it would be nice to have a high ceiling. If I have time to test this very soon, I will let ya'll know how it goes.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2010, 11:01:33 PM »

You possess basic math skills?  Holy shit.  You'll probably pull this off.

SiFlyBy

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2010, 11:25:08 PM »

Contrary to popular belief, yes I do possess math skillz. Its incredible though how they are blurred over the years. 9 years out of high school and I dont remember shit. I think my multiplier is  2.11 though, not .47. Pulling it off will depend on the idle resolution...or fuck AP and go your route. The only problem I have is the time to learn the Rom raider stuff. I have spent so much time over the past 9 months trying to learn AP and my time is short the way it is. Babys tend to do that.

Anybody guess at how far I can go on 91 octane? Maybe 25 psi with the Holslut and be rockin about 400whp?

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2010, 01:13:55 AM »

Those things have 30% drivetrain loss, and the 2.0 is like a big dorky D16Z6.  400whp on pump is not one of the things I would consider as a goal in my life.

Not sure how the stock primary (wideband) likes leaded gasolines.

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2010, 07:06:39 AM »

Contrary to popular belief, yes I do possess math skillz. Its incredible though how they are blurred over the years. 9 years out of high school and I dont remember shit. I think my multiplier is  2.11 though, not .47. Pulling it off will depend on the idle resolution...or fuck AP and go your route. The only problem I have is the time to learn the Rom raider stuff. I have spent so much time over the past 9 months trying to learn AP and my time is short the way it is. Babys tend to do that.

Anybody guess at how far I can go on 91 octane? Maybe 25 psi with the Holslut and be rockin about 400whp?

Wait till you are 23 years out of high school.

SiFlyBy

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2010, 10:14:02 AM »

Those things have 30% drivetrain loss, and the 2.0 is like a big dorky D16Z6.  400whp on pump is not one of the things I would consider as a goal in my life.

Not sure how the stock primary (wideband) likes leaded gasolines.

Maybe I will do what I always do when I'm not sure which way to go: turn to alcohol....it usually solves the problem. I guess by selling AP and going with Tactrix+Romraider I can afford some larger injectors.. :noel:

I think I will procrastinate and bitch about it for awhile first though.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2010, 10:25:24 AM »

I wouldn't worry about it.  I've never used the AP, but it's based off the same ECU and I LOVE the way ECUFlash/ROM Raider/the stock ECU works.  Its a bit annoying to get exact values at one given point in the 2D datalogs w/ RR as you have to hover just right adjacent to a line, but otherwise it is veeeeery nice.

SiFlyBy

« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2010, 10:53:54 AM »

You are confusing me now. Keep AP?

I fooled with the tables last night and you cant write a number highr than 300 in the intake calibration table...cant write higher than 14.7 in the fuel table...grr

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2010, 10:55:19 AM »

Sell AP, go with SD hack.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2010, 01:12:35 PM »

Listen to JD Sell Acess Port.

Or:

Listen to JDSAP
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD

SiFlyBy

« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2010, 08:56:18 PM »

Well, I gues its settled. I need to pay off my new tires first and then look into Tactrix and Romraider. It will probably be a month or 2 so plenty of time to read up on it....Maybe Ill build a HE351VE setup in the meantime.... :noel: :yes:

Aero

• Turbotalk.org
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2010, 07:00:47 PM »

Well, I gues its settled. I need to pay off my new tires first and then look into Tactrix and Romraider. It will probably be a month or 2 so plenty of time to read up on it....Maybe Ill build a HE351VE setup in the meantime.... :noel: :yes:

Me likey.

SOHCKLR657

• D-Series 10LBS Will Turn Ya Out!
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2010, 03:38:15 AM »

Listen to JD Sell Acess Port.

Or:

Listen to JDSAP
I donno if i wanna listen to that yo
:?:

Sweet build man, i like it cant wait to see some more

Holy mother of all that is cheesy and burgery, Sohclikr... YOU ARE A FAT FUCK YOU FAT FUCK.

88 4DR DX... You Will See... D15B Powered Where'#39#39s My Powder, Come On Wit It! http://www.quizmasters.biz/Pub%20Genius/Mr_Men/Characters/Mr%20Rude_01.png

SiFlyBy

« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2010, 10:03:35 PM »

I decided on some higher quality parts. CDM WG was creeping boost like a motherfucker in 3rd,4th, 5th gears. Im sure it didnt help that I had to make the fire ring since I either used ot lost the one it came with. Turbosmart shiz:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
As it sits now. Boost is rock solid at 15.5 psi (7+10 psi springs, boost source from comp outlet) even at the top of 4th gear. Im waiting till I can afford some larger injectors. I made the hop to E85 and my 750s are maxed at the current boost.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 08:44:19 AM by SiFlyBy »

SiFlyBy

« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2010, 10:26:13 PM »

I made a hell of an effort to make the HE351VE work. Built this sweet ass adapter, installed it and I just wasnt feeling it. From the start I had a leak between the adapter and the header up-pipe which was exaggerated by the closed down hotside housing. Boost built very slow, probably due to the exhaust leak and the lack of tuning. At the end of the day I had to go back with the HY. I will try again. The other issue is that I have been working on this during work hours and we have a lot of work piled up that needs to get done to meet some goals that we have. More as it comes I guess. enjoy

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2010, 01:17:57 AM »

I'm digging the adapter!
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2010, 01:39:37 AM »

Is the flange just warped like Johnny's mind after the man's microwave bombardment?

Also, Aero said that full-closed was too restrictive. IIRC the trucks use it as a sort of exhaust brake. Another thing is the stock hoeslut actuator is set for much more than 15psi. You'd be better off with the WRX's stock actuator.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up