:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Jay & Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AFR not moving  (Read 2168 times)

FreshDA9

AFR not moving
« on: April 20, 2010, 08:00:57 PM »

I know I know its a obd0 issue but trying to tune my buddy's car on BRE using my PLX M300TE. we have the wideband output ran to C8 secondary 02 sensor. cant get any reading correct. AFR on BRE doesnt change.

2nd 02 sensor and oxygen sensors have been unchecked (also tried checking them and nothing changed). scripts > Add Datalogging > tools > Datalogger then logger pops up and i head to options.

Interval (ms) - It was set at 100 but i have tried 50 75 100 150 etc no change
Oxygen sensor - PLX
multiply - 0.85 was close
add - 0.00 I didnt mess with this much

Map Trace
In logger Mixture
In Rom

Units
SAE

Mixture Unit
AFR

Other 5 Errors

While logging and looking at AFR in the datalogger there is no movement. if multiply is at 1.00 it will say 17.1 in all the cells i rev threw but of course my wideband will say 14.7 and in some regions leaner or ritcher but datalogger says 17.1. if i set it at 0.85 it will say 14.5 all over the place still no changing.
"quotquot"quotquotBuy your own pants, Get your hands outta mine!"quotquot"quotquot

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
Re: AFR not moving
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 09:47:08 PM »

Make sure you have voltage coming out of the PLX, there is a chance you fried a DAC inside the PLX.

Alternately, uhm, I only used BRE once since it had lambda logging, I can't remember if I ran the wideband through C8 or C16.  Try testing with another ECU as well - the fact you have a data stream means it's most likely not in the code or GUI but in your hardware (wideband, ECU).

FreshDA9

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 03:37:27 PM »

JD ill go put my DOVM on it today or tomorrow and report back what i find. Also i know on my obd1 stuff they recomend running their analog ground. i just thought of that today i wander if that could be the reason aswell but even with no anolog ground it should still fluctuate on the logger.
"quotquot"quotquotBuy your own pants, Get your hands outta mine!"quotquot"quotquot

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 07:52:02 PM »

If it's a differential output, very likely you have no signal going in since there is no ground in the circuit.  Fix that, likely your problem.

FreshDA9

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 07:54:43 PM »

No ground needed. finally put my dovm on it and found the wire came off the noise filter. works great now. thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up