:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just picked up a P75 Neptune ECU???  (Read 2775 times)

El Beefo

• tongue punch my fart box
Just picked up a P75 Neptune ECU???
« on: August 03, 2010, 02:07:50 AM »

Pretty much got it for free, just mechanically adjusted the timing on a friends car and he gave it to me as a thank you. Said he didnt know much bout it... and when it comes to Neptune, I dont know shit either. Havent even 'tuned' a car in almost 2 years. K so question, I popped it open and C51, C52 capacitors, and R49, R52 resistors are missing??? WTF? I plan to Crome the ECU so I guess Im gonna be adding the missing parts but.... They shoulda been there right, or is Neptune that diff? Was this just a hack chip job? Also, 74HC Is socketed.... thats a first for me.

El Beefo

Re: Just picked up a P75 Neptune ECU???
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 02:43:12 AM »

K... well after diggin round on the interwebs... Caps DO need to be there. Just cant figure why the fuck R49 and R52 were pulled but it looks like only R49 had a resistor. Im dead set on fixing this thing then selling. Money earned will be donated to single working mothers at my local titty bar. Profit will be had.

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 11:33:16 AM »

C51 and C52 caps are 'optional' but good practice. Don't remember about the others

stealthiskey

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 12:17:13 PM »

Resistors might be the difference between auto and manual trans ecu

98vtec

• try a warm glass of shut the fuck up
    • BBmoto Tuning
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 02:10:34 PM »

thats RP17.

Is it the old RTP version of neptune?  New demon version? or the chip/dealer version?
xXx Performance Tuning
-- In House DynoJet
SouthEast Neptune Tuner

El Beefo

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 07:33:28 PM »

C51 and C52 caps are 'optional' but good practice. Don't remember about the others
Thats what I thought but damn.... OLD SCHOOL! I remember way back when Uberdata was the shit seeing ECUs w/ no caps soldered in. That was like 2002. Dayamn... Thinking this ECU was chipped way back when and doubting its "neptuned".

thats RP17.
 Is it the old RTP version of neptune?  New demon version? or the chip/dealer version?

Auto/manual resistors sit under the SST, Resistors missing are above between C52 and J1.

ECU is a basic dealer versiion. RTP would be sweet! Im most likely just gonna solder in the missing resistor(s) from a junk p28 and see what happens. Already have a buyer lined up, money in the bank... hopefully.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 07:55:03 PM »

I don't use them, have installed them on every ECU I've has a problem with and no change.  Honda is anal retentive and a lot of their shit doesn't need to be there.

There is no R54 on P75.  People do dumb shit and remove R52, which has nothing to do with chipping.  Neither does R49.  IDK what they do, don't much care if the ECU works fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up