:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: who thinks xenocron is a piece of shit?  (Read 24537 times)

Henry

• Pow-Wow Productions
  • Certified OG
  • Bonafied timber nigga
Re: who thinks xenocron is a piece of shit?
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2009, 04:18:32 PM »

That bastard never got a dollar from me and never will. Hell HMT won't even load on my puter. No biggie. I'm never heading back and hope Chris's shop goes tits up and then offs himself.
The nog formally known as Stillnoturbo.

chris

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2009, 04:26:42 PM »

Well did the contract of ownership change have any mention of these actions? I highly doubt it. If Chris Harris wanted it to truly stay the same he's a business man he should know everything should be in writing. That the staff stay unchanged.The only change was only going to be new software. No banning of sponsors without numerous warnings etc.If he would of had it in writing that these actions never to be broken the guy would of never bought it.

Im sorry he made a deal with the Devil. He may have not seen it coming but everyone else sure did. When I spoke with Chris on the phone he really did seem like he was in shock but it looks like he didnt do his homework on things like this.

The guy who bought it did it for money. Had he ever logged into the site or even posted? He saw bandwidth and a possibility to pull profit after a couple years thats the truth plain and simple

Its what the guy does for a living Im assuming?

I was thrown out of being  mod for asking about my pm's has I needed to reach my customers. Thats what pissed me off the most. Thats one thing Im on top off is letting my customers know what is going on etc. Im one guy so I cant process orders has fast has a large company but to let people know Im on it I pm them. That fucntion was taking away and that is taking money out of my pocket and making people nervous. That in my book is when the line is drawn in the sand for me. I bust my ass to create unique products/services that work and the DEVIL who knows nothing about these cars decides to silence me for asking about pm function

I didnt use a curse word. Wrote it clearly and respectfully.

drama...

I know only tidbits since I didnt really want to get involved (not my money/life/business), but in Chris' defense, the site was not bought or sold to make money from what I gather.  Chris turned this guy down in the past when he came to him, and the "og" who was interested in buying the site kept dragging his heels/complicating things.

I wont say any numbers since i am not positive about anything, but the $$ amounts you guys are throwing around are certainly waaaaaaaay higher than what hmt was sold for.  I'm pretty sure that when it was going to be sold to the other person chris was even going to lose money but i forget.

Anyway, from what chris told me it seemed that rick told him the only big change was that he was switching to vbulletin.  Id wager that if chris knew this guy was going to be banning everyone, etc, etc then he wouldn't have even considered it.  I knew this would go all wrong, hell I almost bought homemadeturbo.net a few days ago but I wouldnt know what to do with it anyway lol.

Jeff...I could tell over the phone that you were upset and probably thought I shouldve done something.  I feel for you man, but it wasnt my place and to be honest I thought this guy was just going to toss up some ads or something, not start censoring and banning people.  He (rick) even brought up not charging the sponsors for a while so then I thought he would be cool and just was some guy who liked owning sites or something.  I guess I was being naive.

I hope the hmt community survives wherever it is, i just wonder what the legal ramifications are when you "copy" a site.  Bringing backups of hmt over here might be the wrong way to go, but I'm no lawyer.

imburne

• Certified OG
    • TurboByHOLSET
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2009, 04:29:32 PM »

I drove a hour to meet that little cunt.

ghettoturbo

• Dedicated Xenocron minion
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2009, 04:30:23 PM »

Well did the contract of ownership change have any mention of these actions? I highly doubt it. If Chris Harris wanted it to truly stay the same he's a business man he should know everything should be in writing. That the staff stay unchanged.The only change was only going to be new software. No banning of sponsors without numerous warnings etc.If he would of had it in writing that these actions never to be broken the guy would of never bought it.

I honestly have no idea.  Just as when jeff sold it, I doubt there was a contract.

junkyard racer

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2009, 04:31:26 PM »

I hope the hmt community survives wherever it is, i just wonder what the legal ramifications are when you "copy" a site.  Bringing backups of hmt over here might be the wrong way to go, but I'm no lawyer.

Im sorta worried about the same thing. This guy seems like a faggot enough to pursue it to.

I would love to hear from Chris. His products are the same thing every other seller sells, and its simple to go elsewhere. I think his business is going to hurt.

A for sale thread would have been the proper way to go about things.

ApexSilver06MR

• RealHomeMadeTurbo's "pee wee"
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • RealHomeMadeTurbo Resident Cocksmith!
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2009, 04:33:29 PM »

i dont know if this has been posted already...

quoted from Xenohomo

From the bottom of my heart, I apologize to all of HMT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me first state, that in no way shape or form did I ever intended to offend anyone when I first purchased site or when I sold it. Whether your rational in your hatred of me or not, I still love you all...

I maybe got 2 hours of sleep last night, tossing and turning in bed because of how bad I feel, if I had better options and had I known how this was going to unveil itself, I certainly would have done things differently.

First when I agreed on the sale with Rick, I first wanted to make sure the Sponsors that have supported this site would be taken care of. As I honored when Jeff sold me the site, I made sure that anyone who had paid for months of sponsorship would be allowed to stay on in the same capacity until the end of their sponsorship if not more. Also, others who had monthly subscriptions would be getting a Free sponsorship until Rick had talked with them about whatever options he was going to have with them and once the site transition had "smoothed" over.

Second, he told me nothing would change about the forum, other than the VB change and I assumed adds. We are all members of other VB sites with adds and more...he wanted to keep the color scheme, look, feel and NATURE of this site in tact.

I thought HMT would react negatively, but I had hoped that there COULD be a long term benefit to new site owner, and I still hope their can be, although I am really not all that happy with the transition...at this point, I wish I could do more to help that, bitching about it though isnt something that will help.

Why did I buy the site? I bought it because I had friendships here, I grew as a business here and as a moderator. I had vested interests in this place and I liked the idea of a forum of individuals who looked up to me. I didnt want to see the place unmanaged or rogue, only to go completely down the shitter into non-existance. I didnt want to see it go to "Internet Brands" or the like.

Why did I sell the site? I sold it because once I purchased it, I turned into "DAD" and every time I logged in, I was doing things I didnt want to have to be responsible (or liable) for. I barely got to post as a member, or as a moderator...I didnt have the time between my private life, my business life. I felt dragged down and depressed half the time...so I started looking for options that would benefit the site.

First I went to the mods, I asked what suggestions they had...how we could make the site better. I asked if any of them would be interested in buying "shares" in HMT to mitigate a large purchase and give them more vested interest in the site. I thought I could transfer some (not all) of that responsibility to a group of individuals, and with whatever profits the site actually made, split it between the owners evenly. I thought maybe we could raise some extra money to put into events, raffles...etc, to bring back install days or community (HMT) events. Like most things on the net, some people were partially interested but no one bit.

So I went to the other two people that Jeff had previously asked to buy the site, and gave them first dibs, one seemed interested and wanted to buy the site, but he dragged ass and made the process difficult. I just wanted to get back exactly what i paid to Jeff, no more...no less and I just wanted to hand over the keys to the castle. He wanted contracts, and negotiations...and it just made the whole process difficult. When I finally said YES, it took him over two months to get back to me and after that two month period I was kind of flying high on HMT again, I was happy with it.

Oddly enough, Rick had re-contacted me shortly after that and made me a significant offer that I could not refuse. I did urge him to keep the same SMF forum, but he is familiar with VB. I told him you are a special group of people and he seemed to understand as he has been through transitions before.

The way things are being handled now, and the kick back this has caused for me (on a personal level) makes me seriously regret my decision.

If Rick wanted to sell me back the forum tomorrow for the same price, I'd take it back and find a better way...if I could, at this point I imagine its too late.

Sorry for the drama, sorry for the heartache I'm sure this has caused some of you...but maybe a DRASTIC change like this can be good, I hope it can.

Nor*Cal Spoolin'#039#039 Nig Nog

chris

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2009, 04:43:08 PM »

I honestly have no idea.  Just as when jeff sold it, I doubt there was a contract.

Jeff and Chris were friends who knew each other for years. Jeff flew to New york not for business but to meet a bunch of you guys from the east coast. Hell pinks was started by Chris and who did he call Jeff. He didnt call internet Canada BOyeeeeeee!

A need for a contract shouldn't be needed in a situation like that. A hand shake and verbal agreement between friends is what society should be about.

Dealing with internet forum buyer DEVIL=Lawyers and contracts drawn and re-written before all terms are meet.

I told Chris twice I wanted to discuss more of ownership before this happened. I never got a response back. I had almost enough backing money wise to buy it back for the original figure it was sold to Chris. If he would contacted me I know myself would of come up with something like I always have to make it happen.

I started my business with a damn unemployment check in the highest poverty striken area of California. If I can make that work I sure has hell could of made HMT belong to myself and the 20,000 users.

chris

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2009, 04:55:23 PM »

Im still lost of How I was left in the dark. I was one of the people jeff first contacted about buying HMT. I was the lowest bidder has Im the one man show.

Then Im the guy who when Chris Harris was wanting to bail came out and I said Im down lets work something out. I never got a repsonse back. I have done enough business with Chris he knows Im not some drop ship make 300 bucks internet site. Hell you know too you sign for all the packages I ship to you guys.

I have my own product lines that shit is hardly cheap to start.

Im honestly HURT by the fact that I tried to make something happen and was brushed off.

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2009, 05:04:45 PM »

Im still lost of How I was left in the dark. I was one of the people jeff first contacted about buying HMT.

That is because 95% of the shit coming out of Xeno mouth right now is complete bullshit. One post in the og section would have gotten him his money in less then a week. That is of coarse the $7000 that he claims not the $20,000 that rick claims.
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

88dx

• Certified OG
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2009, 05:09:45 PM »

friendship and verbal agreement's dont mean shit to people like Xenocron. As long as he gets his cash he could give a fuck less, selling the site is proof of that. His only reason to sell HMT was for money, Makes all the Sponsors Pay for a full year then sells the site and says he didnt do it for the money  ::)

ghettoturbo

« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2009, 05:20:58 PM »

His only reason to sell HMT was for money, Makes all the Sponsors Pay for a full year then sells the site and says he didnt do it for the money  ::)

only a few are paid up for a year...which was part of the "agreement" with the canuck.  He will honor all sponsors' previous payments, thats about the only detail i know.

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2009, 05:22:01 PM »

His only reason to sell HMT was for money, Makes all the Sponsors Pay for a full year then sells the site and says he didnt do it for the money  ::)

only a few are paid up for a year...which was part of the "agreement" with the canuck.  He will honor all sponsors' previous payments, thats about the only detail i know.

what about the sponsors that are banned  ::)

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

Loki

« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2009, 05:32:38 PM »

I don't get how you can just ban paying vendors, makes no sense to me  :-X

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2009, 05:39:08 PM »

I can somewhat see Chris's motives, but I think it would have been better off if he would have talked it over with the OG's and sponsors. I'm sure someone or a collection of people would have bought it.

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2009, 05:40:44 PM »

how long did Chris own it for?

FUCK XENOCRON

ghettoturbo

« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2009, 05:42:25 PM »

Im too lazy to look right now...who got banned?

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2009, 05:46:38 PM »

stealthmode, imburne..........

ghettoturbo

« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2009, 05:50:14 PM »

i dont know what stealthmode did...but he hasnt been a sponsor for a long time.  Imburne paid chris in t-shirts so maybe rick didnt know (something very similar happened when jeff sold it to chris since some people paid jeff in parts, blah blah blah).  Not saying they shouldve been banned, i dont know the whole story obviously.

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2009, 05:51:33 PM »

i dont know the whole story obviously.

me niether

QikEnuF

« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2009, 06:13:16 PM »

I feel for him, but still, should have been discussed amongst the old guard.  Fuck, I could have, should have, would have, bought it.. SB moneys been burning a hole in my pocket.

AbaZ

• Out of retirement
  • Administrator
    • R-HMT
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2009, 06:26:03 PM »

Jeff...I could tell over the phone that you were upset and probably thought I shouldve done something.  I feel for you man, but it wasnt my place and to be honest I thought this guy was just going to toss up some ads or something, not start censoring and banning people.  He (rick) even brought up not charging the sponsors for a while so then I thought he would be cool and just was some guy who liked owning sites or something.  I guess I was being naive.

Jay

I am going to fuck up chris harris, and you can quote me on that. This isnt internet gansta talk either my friend.

Nobody fucks me over like this period.

Rick P is like the borg. He comes in and sucks the life out of good web pages. - Anonymous

danz

• Certified OG
  • 0-60 in 2.7 seconds
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2009, 06:32:49 PM »

Fuck that faggot. HMT made his ass, and now it'll break him. Same shit that happened to customcroch.

Yeah, I'm poor, but I still have the business HMT helped me create, and I still (and never will) sell my soul. See you in hell, bitchboy.

xenocron wouldnt be shit without HMT for exposure. 
10.510 @ 133.09 mph D16Z6 EJ6
10.912 @ 127.33 mph D16A6 ED6

tekno

• Certified OG
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2009, 07:20:29 PM »

Jay

I am going to fuck up chris harris, and you can quote me on that. This isnt internet gansta talk either my friend.

Oh snap :o

QikEnuF

« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2009, 07:24:18 PM »

Hey Jeff, you got a PM coming at some point, it may be worth a read...

widebody93

• Snitch Nigger Deluxe
  • Widebody93
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2009, 07:32:58 PM »

ever since Xenofaggot got HMT ownership

I've had WHERE IS JEFF on my H-T  sig because I kept getting banned for calling him out

If am a ever retarded enough to get hitched (2x) I would either drink myself to death at my wedding or die trying.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2009, 07:33:46 PM »

I still can't believe this shit.  I honestly though better of Chris.

I am sorely disappointed in his actions and judgement in this manner.  I wish no ill on him, but I doubt he will continue to get my business.  From now on I will buy straight from Craig Moates, as well as others like Calvin.

Fucking aye.

The total grassroots nature of this place, which includes the members as well as the site itself, is what I have always loved about it.  The antics of the past, and the amount of freedom are what made HMT unique on the web.  Thankfully action was taken so that we can preserve what we have all come to call home on the web.

I too wonder about the legal ramifications of basically copying the forum.  

QikEnuF

« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2009, 07:48:42 PM »

The total grassroots nature of this place, which includes the members as well as the site itself, is what I have always loved about it.  The antics of the past, and the amount of freedom are what made HMT unique on the web.

Thomas Jefferson shit

julio_boostamante_nigga!

• Certified OG
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2009, 08:04:57 PM »

Jay

damm.... its that serious?

post pics after said beatdown.

chris

« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2009, 08:05:51 PM »

westside

jeffsciv23

• Certified OG
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2009, 08:06:37 PM »

I too wonder about the legal ramifications of basically copying the forum.  

they look nothing alike now and im sure any tech/write ups that you posted or anybody else here had posted in the past is still their intelectual property and they can post it anywhere they want to.

The OP just called me a nigger in the for sale section do the mods allow this kind of thing to happen around here?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up