:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with chipping P75 ECU.  (Read 3155 times)

hamburgler

Help with chipping P75 ECU.
« on: June 20, 2009, 06:06:37 PM »

Im no newbie to chipping.  Ive done lots before but never a P75.  I have just finished chipping one.  The car starts with a solid CEL and only revs to 3000rpm.  Time to trouble shoot.

So basically there is no R54 to solder in a resistor and R52 is blank from the factory.

C51 and C52 will get will get the yellow capacitor (0.1uF) #104, J1 will be jumped, J12 cut, CN2 (pins 1-4) will get the logging header).  Whats up with pin R52 on the P75 ECU?  Just leave it blank?

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
Re: Help with chipping P75 ECU.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 09:57:29 PM »

DId you test the ecu before you chipped it? Cut j1 to confirm it's not a bad ecu to begin with.
www.crzytuning.com

Nobody comes into my house and shits all over it.  

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 12:20:50 AM »

Poorly flowed solder joints cause that problem.  Poorly flowed joints also cause CEL with J1 cut.  Happens to all of us, I murdered one last week trying to replace an old school RTP board with a socket.  Try to reflow and see if that works.

hamburgler

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 01:21:15 AM »

Ya its tested.  I cut J1 and its all good.  I then re soldered it in for the external ROM.

Whats also messed up is that I forgot to put a chip in the socket, primed it, solid CEL, and started the car and it ran good.  Ya so I dunno.  J1 is definitely good though.  Doesn't rev above 3k.

hamburgler

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 01:47:46 AM »

I just did a P06...  same thing.  Fail.  I'm shuttin her down for the day.  I'm starting to think the stuff I got from my local electronics store is bunk.  Every kit I've ever bought  has worked.  Now that I'm doing lots of ECU's I can make my own kit for like $5 and thats what I have been using on the last two.

Does anything change with a Canadian model (P06-C01)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up