:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Honda knock sensors? on CROME and AEM EMS  (Read 2160 times)

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
Honda knock sensors? on CROME and AEM EMS
« on: October 25, 2012, 09:39:24 PM »

can i get some solid info here?

i have several Honda knock sensors here in the bottom of my toolbox. couple Bseries, a Kseries. i know both these thread the same. and i think Y8s do also?

do these work? like for tuning. how well?

can i use a non-Honda knock sensor with CROME? i doesnt see any adjustment/filter?

AEM, i know i can use whatever i can bolt to the motor, i know both these sensors i have do, and i have plugs for the B-series ones. so would plan on using that, if the above works...?

discuss...
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
Re: Honda knock sensors? on CROME and AEM EMS
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 09:46:10 PM »

I may be wrong here, but my understanding is each sensor is set to pickup a certain frequency so you will have to use the sensor for the engine it's made for. There is another problem but I'm on my phone, tired and too lazy to type it all out.

Just learn how to read plugs and stop relying on a machine that's guessing to tune your timing. I can't even begin to remember how many cars I've tuned and never used anything but plug readings and trap speeds to set timing. Unless I was tuning on a dyno.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 01:01:39 AM »

I want to say carkrazed had info in some megaquirt/escord threads he had, but christ m deleted them all.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 01:26:18 AM »

yeah i did some light searching. looks like VW/Bosch one is what people are liking to use (things like gizmo knock lite). seen a pic on google search that was implying subaru uses the same one also. cool style cuz it just uses a bolt threw the center. making it possible to bolt to almost anything.

but im kinda concerned about this "range" subject also.
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 10:13:15 AM »

The sensor's idea target resonance is keyed to a lot of things, but primarily bore size.  Heimholtz resonance applies - directly.  You have to at least use a sensor meant for your bore, ideally for your engine.  Since there isn't one for a Honda, derp.  Since neither Crome nor AEM can correctly handle a KS for WOT knock control - Crome can handle the KS just fine as it was meant to be used by Honda - then why fuck with it?

Scoobs and LSx do awesome jobs of the complex DSP required to handle their correctly designed KS (none of the AEM EMS audio volume meter doesn't work correctly shit), as do Evo and 05+ Ford if taken with a grain of salt.  Buy one of those if you are concerned with KS feedback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up