:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New civic type r does nurburgring ring in 7:50  (Read 3437 times)

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
New civic type r does nurburgring ring in 7:50
« on: March 04, 2015, 04:15:19 PM »

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/03/honda-civic-type-r-sets-7-50-nurburgring-lap-time.html

Pretty impressive. To bad the car has about as much style as a Jetsons car
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
Re: New civic type r does nurburgring ring in 7:50
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 05:18:23 PM »

There was one being tested near Mista Bone 's area recently.

The rumor is we may get this or similar in the states.   :noel:

Xgenturbo

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 06:12:22 PM »

Its too bad the new civics are so damn ugly. Maybe its just me and the fact that I grew up with the older gen models but I dont find them to have the same appeal as an EG/EK. Performance numbers on the other hand are pretty sweet!
I too am an OG : )

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 06:34:26 PM »

Its too bad the new civics are so damn ugly. Maybe its just me and the fact that I grew up with the older gen models but I dont find them to have the same appeal as an EG/EK. Performance numbers on the other hand are pretty sweet!

If the build quality of the interior anything like last 20yrs, no thanks.... Honda seems to follow GMs idea if they cram more electronic gadgets in thier vehicle they can get away with shity plastic interiors.  :?:

I drove a '15 Traverse last week and it was that thing had crappy interior, button placement, the only thing I liked was heated seats.

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 06:45:19 PM »

junk
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 08:09:59 PM »

I won't be buying any Jap car til they get their heads out of their asses long enough to realize protruding head/tail lights are the most retarded looking shit on cars today.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Xgenturbo

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 08:56:50 PM »

I really see no reason they cant include soft touch plastics in their vehicles. VW does it and it doesn't cost that much more. We had a 2010 Golf Wagon TDI and I could press my finger in to the dash. It was a really nice interior and quiet too, no annoying rattles everywhere. I miss that car but we needed a truck at the time so we traded it for the Tacoma.

As for extruded tail lamps, I really dont mind it. The only time it pissed me off was when they did it on the FJ cruiser...A vehicle designed to go off road and they put the lights out far enough to get snagged on small trees and get damaged!...Really Toyota? I mean come on! Other than that its a nice styling feature if done right. If I was to buy another performance hatch today I think I would look in to a Focus ST or a Golf R. That civic is fucking gross!

random-strike

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 11:56:04 PM »

It's a great time for a fwd. For reference a camaro zl1 does 7:41 I believe
Double doors, marble floors, naked hoes around me

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 12:35:45 AM »

civic is ugly. hope its not junk but i doubt it. but seems most cars that market are. but really what do you expect, its a low end car. i do like the new Accords, and from what i seen of the new Pilot it looks like it might be good.

agree on the Focus ST. i almost want one. and really the only thing stopping me from actually looking into them harder is my jewish ass making car payments...

oh, and ill just say it now. we wont get the type-r.  ::)
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 01:24:29 AM »

I will never forgive Honda for not giving us a ek ctr. Fuck them.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

Xgenturbo

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 02:51:50 AM »

I will never forgive Honda for not giving us a ek ctr. Fuck them.

At least they made it easy to build one. One thing I always loved about Honda in the 90's is the fact that you could swap any of their engines in to any of their cars with relative ease. Then the K series came out and things started to get more complicated and I got out of the game around the same time. At least no one can ever complain about the reliability though. Yes the new cars are ugly as fuck but good luck killing a Honda engine.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 10:38:50 AM »

Lol, tell that to the dealership techs. The R18 loves to crack it's block. The early 00's automagics are the most problematic in the industry. And I'm sure you all know about the K24 chain tensioners. I will credit them for their top-tier models though, aside from the H22's autotensioner each car's top option level is usually overall reliable.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

highroller54

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 11:00:04 AM »

The new v6's use oil like mad, ball joints, shocks, tie rods, wheel bearings all wear out now like they are a cavalier. Are they worse then other stuff? No. Are they as good as a eg or 91 accord? Fuck no.
Honda realized years ago they were not selling any parts for their cars like everyone else because they over built shit. They have since fixed that. Proven fact, paperwork was found.

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 01:28:56 PM »

selling parts? some maybe. but they are giving lots away. R18's have a super extended warranty. along with the oil using plug fouling v6 cars. hybrid IMA batteries....
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

ironcrx

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 01:41:11 PM »

The new v6's use oil like mad, ball joints, shocks, tie rods, wheel bearings all wear out now like they are a cavalier. Are they worse then other stuff? No. Are they as good as a eg or 91 accord? Fuck no.
Honda realized years ago they were not selling any parts for their cars like everyone else because they over built shit. They have since fixed that. Proven fact, paperwork was found.

Add the gigantic after-parts market stealing away potential OEM parts customers for all things small and big even when warranties could still be good  :P.  I can see how the reliability plus below car market need for replacement parts would have a noticable lack of income after the cars are sold.

Also wtf is up with the constant bulbous front end half  of their cars?  Taller engine? The cars are taller but they are also longer which just leads me to wonder why they are really sucking at space efficiency/size/dimension balance in terms of looks ???
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 01:45:12 PM by ironcrx »
"quotquotI lost a testical to cancer and I still got more balls than anyone else in the room!"quotquot

Xgenturbo

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 08:34:07 PM »

Seems all Hondas used oil like mad and I am going based off what I remember their engines being back in the day. In other words only D, B and Z series.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 10:52:37 PM »

The F20c tends to eat up oil the more it lives near red line :evil:
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.
Pages: [1]   Go Up