:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to adjust coilovers  (Read 9758 times)

Lowerit

• Certified OG
Re: How to adjust coilovers
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2010, 04:45:44 PM »

Keep the sleeves

Go on SCCAFORUMS.com
join

buy a set of Eibach GC springs (proper rates)  and call it a day

I paid $130 (around there)   for a set of eibach GC's   380/430  Shipped... a common deal.  They are mounted on Ching chong sleeves.

fuck you

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2010, 04:58:47 PM »

Keep the sleeves

Go on SCCAFORUMS.com
join

buy a set of Eibach GC springs (proper rates)  and call it a day

I paid $130 (around there)   for a set of eibach GC's   380/430  Shipped... a common deal.  They are mounted on Ching chong sleeves.

Damn I was unaware they made just the GC springs, seems like all you ever hear about is the coilover. Anytime I dead a search that's all it pulled up, but looking at the Eibach site I see what you mean.

On the Eibach site they have them for $59, but doesn't say it's for a set of 4 of just per spring. At that price I'm going to assume it's per spring.

glustic

• Certified OG
  • Jay is a fucking homo
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2010, 09:03:40 PM »

but it looks like you'd rather buy some other springs instead of using your noggin.

I would rather buy springs because:

A) Cheap ass coilovers are prone to break
B) These are super shitty from all the reviews
C) From my own driving with them they are super shitty
D) I have no intention of raising or lowering my car constantly. I simple few inch drop is all I want and it will stay that way.
But Doug, You mean to tell me you dont want to throw 28" rims on your shit and raise it up?
fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.. nbspnbsp BIG FUCKING MISTAKE

-BUK

theidealone

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2010, 09:49:55 PM »

I guess reading comprehension was cut from the education budget. My exact words were I have never messed with any coilovers like these. The others I have had a simple allen bolt that locked them in place. Not to mention these have very shallow small round holes. I have NEVER seen these and didn't know if there was some kind of weird ass tool they made for them.

I love how your retarded ass puts spanner wrenches in quotations. Please do tell sir what they are called since you think that is a made up/incorrect name. Your comments alone show me you don't know shit about me.

LOL. Coilovers with locking perches? Never messed with those? Wow.

I put spanner wrenches in quotation marks, because my "spanner wrench" = channel locks.

Fuck, adjusting a perch cant be that hard to figure out, you retarded  :mexi:

And tell ME sir, why the FUCK would I CARE to know SHIT about you?????

And how are "cheap ass coilovers prone to breaking"? Where have they broken at? Because its so difficult to wind a coil of steel out of certain thickness, diameter, and space to achieve a spring rate? Obviously, even the chinese can get this right.

I know of quite a few people who road race and autocross on eBay coilovers, simply because 450 f/r is perfectly fine for them, and thats the standard for these cheap ass coilovers. If youre not concerned with custom spring rates, theres no need for Eibach/GC shit @ 400 bucks, when eBay provides them for 50 bucks.

And how the FUCK did you NOT know that Eibach or Ground Control offered the springs by themselves???? Why do you think everyone buys Ground Control? Could it be for the custom spring rates and Eibach Quality? All Ground Control does is mate them with perches/sleeves and put their name on em. Oh, and offer over priced spherical bearing top hats.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 09:51:58 PM by theidealone »

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2010, 10:42:27 PM »

Whoa up there.  I'm still trying to figure out if he changes his own oil or not.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2010, 10:44:40 PM »

I have seen the cheap sleeves mushroom out and crack at the bottom before.  It was after many many years though.

Doug

• Certified OG
  • Get Doug'd biatch
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2010, 12:16:00 AM »

I guess reading comprehension was cut from the education budget. My exact words were I have never messed with any coilovers like these. The others I have had a simple allen bolt that locked them in place. Not to mention these have very shallow small round holes. I have NEVER seen these and didn't know if there was some kind of weird ass tool they made for them.

I love how your retarded ass puts spanner wrenches in quotations. Please do tell sir what they are called since you think that is a made up/incorrect name. Your comments alone show me you don't know shit about me.

LOL. Coilovers with locking perches? Never messed with those? Wow.

I put spanner wrenches in quotation marks, because my "spanner wrench" = channel locks.

And tell ME sir, why the FUCK would I CARE to know SHIT about you?????

And how are "cheap ass coilovers prone to breaking"? Where have they broken at? Because its so difficult to wind a coil of steel out of certain thickness, diameter, and space to achieve a spring rate? Obviously, even the chinese can get this right.

I know of quite a few people who road race and autocross on eBay coilovers, simply because 450 f/r is perfectly fine for them, and thats the standard for these cheap ass coilovers. If youre not concerned with custom spring rates, theres no need for Eibach/GC shit @ 400 bucks, when eBay provides them for 50 bucks.

And how the FUCK did you NOT know that Eibach or Ground Control offered the springs by themselves???? Why do you think everyone buys Ground Control? Could it be for the custom spring rates and Eibach Quality? All Ground Control does is mate them with perches/sleeves and put their name on em. Oh, and offer over priced spherical bearing top hats.

I'll tell your how they fuck up good sir, how about the threads sheer completely off while driving down the interstate slamming the front wheel causing it to veer to the right off the road instantly. Ask how I know..I bought eBay coilovers for my EF hatch...never again.

I was talking about the perch design dip shit. It's not the standard design. I emailed WeaponR about them and they state that it came with a special tool to adjust them NOT spanner wrenches. They said the round cut outs are shallow and coned/rounded and it might prove difficult to use regular spanner wrenches.

JACER63

• Certified OG
  • well shit..
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2010, 01:21:23 AM »

sir,channel locks will suffice. :yes:

drivin96

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2010, 10:56:00 AM »

2 screwdrivers and a hammer  :noel:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up