:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MS Tunerstudio vs. Megatune  (Read 6173 times)

98vtec

• try a warm glass of shut the fuck up
    • BBmoto Tuning
MS Tunerstudio vs. Megatune
« on: January 19, 2010, 09:56:47 PM »

so i've got this job lined up right now which involves a 1998 Neon RT with a 2.4L Chrysler swap thats been fully built NA.  The last time i touched MS was with a turbo miata which had Megatune as the software and i hated every minute of it.  has anyone used the newer tunerstudio to tell me that i actually maybe might possibly enjoy this experience?  How is the datalogging features?  Megatune sucked ass.

im about to download tunerstudio but i know there are a few of you have use MS so im asking for fucking opinions.
xXx Performance Tuning
-- In House DynoJet
SouthEast Neptune Tuner

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
Re: MS Tunerstudio vs. Megatune
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 11:48:20 PM »

I've only used Megatune.

Fred spoke highly of Megatunix.  sp?

98vtec

• BBmoto Tuning
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 11:53:45 PM »

OMG the grand master is halfway speechless.

hell froze over?
xXx Performance Tuning
-- In House DynoJet
SouthEast Neptune Tuner

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 12:06:27 AM »

ok?

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 10:36:32 PM »

The megatune for MS2E is decent. Better than the regular for MSI.

I've heard that tunerstudio isi easier to setup, easier to use, better looking, etc. But functionally, it doesn't do much more than megatune. It does make a few 3D maps where megatune only does 2D. I just use megatune. It DOES have it's problems, but after using it this long I can work around them no problem. Setting it up was a bitch though.
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam Hopkins
There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, or sleeve. But never too much boost.

98vtec

• BBmoto Tuning
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 01:38:35 AM »

thanks Pat.

he called me today and said he found part of his problems in the engine running poorly.  He wasn't getting a map signal (how he didnt see that til now, i dont know) so he is sending it back to get fixed.  I'll update this thread when i get to play around with the software.  Just downloading the interface looks a SHITLOAD better than the old megatune.
xXx Performance Tuning
-- In House DynoJet
SouthEast Neptune Tuner

Aero

• Turbotalk.org
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 11:18:08 AM »

I haven't used it on anything yet as my engine is still fubared but it looks better.  It looks like it combines the features of megatune and megalogviewer which is what I normally used to edit maps and such. Should simplify things quite a bit.  I think with some of the newer MS extra builds megatune will not work with due to some new features so you will have to get used to tunerstudio anyway.

98vtec

• BBmoto Tuning
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 12:36:38 PM »

I haven't used it on anything yet as my engine is still fubared but it looks better.  It looks like it combines the features of megatune and megalogviewer which is what I normally used to edit maps and such. Should simplify things quite a bit.  I think with some of the newer MS extra builds megatune will not work with due to some new features so you will have to get used to tunerstudio anyway.

i found this in some searching:

"It provides the ability to configure and tune all MegaSquirt controllers and is 100% compatible with all older MegaTune ini files and msq's, but has extended the ini support"

http://www.efianalytics.com/TunerStudio/#userInterface
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 12:45:12 PM by 98vtec »
xXx Performance Tuning
-- In House DynoJet
SouthEast Neptune Tuner

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 11:14:41 PM »

I have run all 3  Tunerstudio is nice and works in linux which was a plus.  I was more used to finding things in megatune and am more comfortable with that.  The 3d maps in tunerstudio are nice but not necessary.  gauges were much nicer and easy to customize.  didn't have any luck with megatunix but that is basically the linux version of megatune.  As far as datalogging it works the same on both tunerstudio and megatune.  You will need megalog to actually view the tunes. 
You hhave just failed on so many levels, im waiting for someone else to verbally slap you in the gooch with a mallet
Pages: [1]   Go Up