:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P13 ecu  (Read 4302 times)

robus

P13 ecu
« on: January 27, 2010, 12:56:42 PM »

Been browsing on pgmfi to find out about the P13 (from an H22).

The posts there say yes it's tunable but the fuel tables need to be changed by hand  ::), the rest can be done in Crome. Those posts are several years old though, and on Crome's website it says the P13 can be tuned with a plugin... anyone know which plugin I can use to do the job?

We'd like to keep the P13 if possible (knock sensor, double intake runners), that's why.

(ectune nada, neptune nada, already asked)
Please note: This came from the home of a cigar smoker who had dogs. If you have any allergies, please don'#39#39t bid

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
Re: P13 ecu
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 01:28:38 PM »

We'd like to keep the P13 if possible (knock sensor, double intake runners), that's why.

Why would you want to keep any of those?

p06, add iab function +vtec. Fuck the Honda knock sensor.
www.crzytuning.com

Nobody comes into my house and shits all over it.  

robus

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 01:45:13 PM »

heck we thought a knock sensor would be a good thing to have especially on an H22... why not?
Please note: This came from the home of a cigar smoker who had dogs. If you have any allergies, please don'#39#39t bid

bouncinofftherevlimiter

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 02:26:52 PM »

heck we thought a knock sensor would be a good thing to have especially on an H22... why not?

that idea ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin' it on...

the stock knock sensors are generally from my understanding disabled in higher rpm where they are needed, and terribly inaccurate. IIRC the damage is generally done by the time they do anything.

and why do you say especially on an H22? they arent that knock prone, and if you are worried about the ring lands, they arent any worse than most other stock cast pistons, with a good tune they are able to make good power on stock internals. ask spiker about some of his buddies up WA that make good numbers on stock parts.

just go p06, p28, p30, p72 or whatever and save yourself the trouble.

No longer own a turbo car...

94 Accord, first running 4g63 piston/h22 rod/f22 block &ampamp crank

HX35 18lb 486hp/391tq

robus

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 02:44:40 PM »

yes it's of the ringlands we were thinking, I knew the knock sensor would have to be upgraded, but if it's not that useful anyway we may as well drop it for another odb1 ecu.

I'm wondering though why did honda install the knock sensor in the first place then, just for low rpm knock? Or i guess extra safety?

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 11:24:56 AM »

i was recently wondering about this myself. a local offered me a few p13's in trade for a chipped po6. i wasnt sure if they were usable so i made him just buy the ecu. i could probably pick them up cheap still if they are usable though
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 05:31:09 PM »

I'm wondering though why did honda install the knock sensor in the first place then, just for low rpm knock? Or i guess extra safety?

Where do you get extra safety from a device that only turns on during a light cruise?

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 05:49:40 PM »

Where do you get extra safety from a device that only turns on during a light cruise?
Mr. Davis, can you shed some light on the devise? why it was implimented?

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 06:01:03 PM »

Trim ignition timing at part throttle cruise for emissions, things get too hot in the chamber and NOx gasses start cranking out.  Too cold, CO and HC.

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 06:07:08 PM »

Trim ignition timing at part throttle cruise for emissions, things get too hot in the chamber and NOx gasses start cranking out.  Too cold, CO and HC.

thanks

onlyflash944

• Certified OG
  • Jack of all trades, Master of none
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 07:39:15 PM »

i was recently wondering about this myself. a local offered me a few p13's in trade for a chipped po6. i wasnt sure if they were usable so i made him just buy the ecu. i could probably pick them up cheap still if they are usable though

chris m gives a pretty good price for the p13s in the wanted section

You read some forums? nbspnbsp Cool, I tune cars.

Its your fucking car, if you want to hack it up fucking go for it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up