:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ls vtec ordering gasket set  (Read 3154 times)

fuse

ls vtec ordering gasket set
« on: March 18, 2010, 08:36:23 PM »

So I will be building a ls vtec b18a1, gsr head and he wants me to order parts. Usually I dont I just help put shit together. So my questions are.

1. I remember you have to drill holes for the dow pins on the other side of the head and then use a ls head gasket. Is this true or should I use the gsr head gasket?

2. If I order a ls gasket set the only gasket that will not work is the intake. Is this true? If I remember correctly the gsr intake is on its own bolt patter.

3. He wants me to get a vtec oil pump. On the last build I did we just used the ls. Is all this vtec oil pump stuff fact or is it just internet bs?

Sorry some time has past since i build a ls vtec and I dont trust alot of the google searches/crappy sites. I do trust rhmt advice all day every day. Any help is greatly apriciated. I remember how to do the rest of it ::) :P

chris

Re: ls vtec ordering gasket set
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 09:54:04 PM »

Just buy one of the complete kits they are dummy proof

fuse

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 10:36:08 PM »

I did do some searching I have read use the ls gasket and also us the gsr gasket............. We already have the head plugged and the sandwich plate/oil feed lines.

fuse

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 11:06:50 PM »

lol ok I know we used a ls oil pump on the last build so fuck the oil pump question. I dont give a shit I will just use a new oil psi control spring and shim it for shits and giggles. I am 99% sure the gsr intake is on its own the b16/r are the same and the ls/b20 are the same. But for the love of god I cant remember what head gasket to use. But my mind wants me to use a  ls.....................

I also know I need a vtec valve cover gasket. So out of the ls kit only 2 gaskets will not work is this correct? The valve cover gasket and the intake gasket.

Jorsher

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 12:38:57 AM »

wtf

buy ls head gasket

buy valve cover, intake, and exhaust gaskets for your head

then you'll know for sure everything is right.

chris

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 01:39:18 AM »

i think you need to search, but i will tell you that you always use the head gasket for the head.

http://honda.hybrids.jp/b20tech/

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

chris

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 03:27:06 AM »

so you use the gasket for the head and the block so he would have a b16 gasket and a ls gasket
Pages: [1]   Go Up