:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bosch Tuning MED9.1?  (Read 6853 times)

MAJORAHOLE

• fuckin C-unt
Bosch Tuning MED9.1?
« on: August 05, 2010, 08:39:45 AM »

anyone know of any freeware for this??? i have one program now that i cant seem to get installed right, it never works ols 1.500
i've also heard tunerpro will do it, but i need to know map locations, the demo of ols will find them, but not save them so i'd have to make notes and go back to tuner pro each time, and that would take for ever with like 119 maps.
thanks

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
Re: Bosch Tuning MED9.1?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 09:47:38 AM »

Careful of those WinOLS installs, some are fully functional but have some interesting backdoors in them.  Install on an older laptop that you don't use for anything else, IMO, or run through VMware or the like.

Exactly what car is this?  I've not much experience with Bosch stuff, but I've read a bit and I know people who'll shoot me straight if I ask. 

MAJORAHOLE

• fuckin C-unt
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 10:10:31 AM »

for 06-07 GTI i plan on getting soon, just wanted to get a head start on this shit, because i know that 200hp will only be tolerable for a short time. and i dont want to have to pay $400 for a cookie cutter remap.
and maybe at a later date do a cheapo s3 conversion(k04 turbo injectors and map)

as far as winols ive allready installed and patched it wrong the first time (and a few times after, its alil different than other soft patches), so i went to restore the pc and it was off with no resotre points. so im gonna try and figure out how to get rid of whatever is left after an uninstall.
 i have an old toshiba i will try again with though, if i cant get it to work.

also ive read it wont work with vmware???
thanks JD

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 11:10:13 AM »

The FSI is a good motor, I'd tell you that you were wasting your time if it wer the ME7 1.8T stuff.  Be warned those ECUs have a max number of times they can be flashed (hard coded into them).

I'm pretty sure the eBay Galletto clones work, you just use the actual Galletto software with them.  As for what to do with the ECU maps, eh, I'm not up to speed at all.  Whatever you use will have to be able to recalc checksums, and Bosch is a good one for having multiple checksums.

MAJORAHOLE

• fuckin C-unt
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 11:23:58 AM »

i was not aware about the finite number of flashes..that kinda sux
as far as checksums ive hear that can be hardware based, as far as the flasher interface. i thought that the galletto wouldnt work, but ill look into it for sure. there was some other, the mssp it think, that said it did checksums, this info is all over the place and seems no definate answers

BoostedSchemes

• Certified OG
  • ☂BloodRaincoat☂
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 11:28:44 AM »

shoot me a .bin?
All posts before 8am and after 3pm are produced under the influence of alcohol.

Major Loser, please tell me how to be smart and interesting like you~

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 05:17:10 PM »

There are bins on chiptuners, Yuriy.

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 06:56:52 PM »

for 06-07 GTI i plan on getting soon, just wanted to get a head start on this shit, because i know that 200hp will only be tolerable for a short time. and i dont want to have to pay $400 for a cookie cutter remap.
and maybe at a later date do a cheapo s3 conversion(k04 turbo injectors and map)

Regardless of what you may have read, the K03 that is native to the 2.0T FSI and TSI have a compressor that is comparable to the standard K04, much in the way a 16g is to a 20g. Go big or go home. Personally, if I didnt have to worry with emissions, I'd build my own intake and rip the DFI stuff off, just for the ability to broaden the range of options. DFI isnt deep into the aftermarket just yet, and people really havent figured out how to take advantage of it. The biggest problem being the fact that the OEM's want to use variable cam timing to create and EGR effect with reversion. Coupled with a shitty pcv system, this will make short work of any power you want to make by corking your intake with insanely hard carbon.
This is probably the best mod you can do to a 2.0T...http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1468694 slash cut bitches.

blowoff valves are for pussies.

MAJORAHOLE

• fuckin C-unt
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 12:26:42 AM »

I hear about the fueling problems with these cars, but I'm not really looking to make this car stupid fast or anything(yet).
Just a daily driver, that's semi new, with new technology in it. I mean I've been driving my 95 civic with blown speakers on hard ass suspension, blowing oil when I get on it, for 9 years now. Before that was a 1990 Nissan stanza, and a 1980 Jetta. Power seats and keyless entry is a huge step up alone. 
Basically for now I would like to get a copy of a apr or Giac map and be happy.
I'm sure down the road ill want more tho.. does a k27 have the same bolt pattern?

Robb

• Certified OG
  • Meat Popsicle
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 09:16:03 AM »

I hear about the fueling problems with these cars, but I'm not really looking to make this car stupid fast or anything(yet).
Just a daily driver, that's semi new, with new technology in it. I mean I've been driving my 95 civic with blown speakers on hard ass suspension, blowing oil when I get on it, for 9 years now. Before that was a 1990 Nissan stanza, and a 1980 Jetta. Power seats and keyless entry is a huge step up alone. 
Basically for now I would like to get a copy of a apr or Giac map and be happy.
I'm sure down the road ill want more tho.. does a k27 have the same bolt pattern?

Nope. The turbine is cast to the manifold like an srt4. Swapping turbos means a new mani on that car.
Also, make sure you get a manual trans. The DSG have some issues...

blowoff valves are for pussies.

MAJORAHOLE

• fuckin C-unt
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 09:39:04 AM »

Nope. The turbine is cast to the manifold like an srt4. Swapping turbos means a new mani on that car.
Also, make sure you get a manual trans. The DSG have some issues...
That sucks, what about a compressor wheel and housing swap?

and ya, no DSG for me, they're gay

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 10:38:55 AM »

I'm surprised Robb didn't tell you to skip the GTI for a Wolfsburg, and save a few bucks.  His '08 has been awesomely reliable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up