:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rough idea of stock rad fan CFM's??  (Read 2094 times)

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Rough idea of stock rad fan CFM's??
« on: August 17, 2010, 03:18:52 AM »

I was hoping someone has used a "real" slimfan that has a real CFM rating on it, compare it to a stock rad fan, then give a rough estimate on what a stock Civic rad fan puts out in CFM's.

I'm actually trying to get a SPAL fan to fit the bill with my new A/C setup. Basicly I made a bracket that holds the condenser and put a stock A/C fan from an ED3 in the front. I rewelded it to make the fan a pusher, keeping the stock EF shroud. It blows about 55F on a 80F day (parked), so it's not exactly enough. The compressor never kicks off, but I want ice-cold A/C.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
Re: Rough idea of stock rad fan CFM's??
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 04:34:44 AM »

likely not the fan.

one a 95F day with coolant fan aswitch jumped my 94 or 95 EG's will hold 50 F vent temps. In motion 40F. I can get it colder with bypassing the temp sensor on the evap. IIRC OEM is set at 36 F to prevent freezing.

If you are only blowing 55f vent temps and compressor is not cycling on.....I'll bet pressure switch issues.
OG before the OG'#039#039s

rudebwoy

• Certified OG
  • tripple OG
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 06:44:22 AM »

FAL fans works really great, I bought a used one off here and shit works super compared to stock an all the ebay slims I've used.
1999 Euro spec Civic EJ9 Hatch B20/VTEC TURBO. 620whp@21psi
2000 Honda Odyssey LX family ride
2000 civic SI daily driver

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 10:30:55 AM »

The fan is a 9" 4-blade from an EF - EF's use a full-width condensor like a teg, 2 rad fans also work as condensor fans. The stock EG A/C fan is about 11-12" or so, and twice as thick. It seems to blow about 1.5 to 2 times the air as the fan I have on it now. I didn't check the outlet temps until running it for 10 mins or so. When I get time I'll try to go through the helms flowchart to see what could be wrong, assuming this tiny-ass fan really is sufficient.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD

patsmx5

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 07:05:18 PM »

Put a set of gauges on the system and see what your pressures are. That will tell the story. If the high side is too high like 230+, try sparying some water on the condenser and see if the high side drops to 180 and then your vent temps drop too.

Also, is the return line from the evaporator ambient, cool, cold, moisture freezing?
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam Hopkins
There is no such thing as too much boost. You could have too little rod, piston, or sleeve. But never too much boost.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 11:46:48 PM »

I think my bro has a refill kit with gauges, so I'll have to check that out.

The return line is very cool, but not like ice. I've never had a car with working AC, so I'm in unfamiliar territory.
Pages: [1]   Go Up