:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New 2010 $65K truck gets some RHMT love  (Read 5452 times)

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
New 2010 $65K truck gets some RHMT love
« on: July 23, 2010, 11:43:15 AM »

So my buddy Mike bought himself a new truck about a month ago. He decided after 8000km's (~5000miles) that he has had enough of the stock BS, and it is time for some mods. So he bought a black maxx programmer (about the only one on the market that will work with a 2010) and we started on the mods.

First things to go were the DPF and the Cat.

Then we traced out the downpipe flange using the gasket, and free hand cut out a new flange using the plasma cutter (yeah I know most of you pipe hitting mother fuckers would have done it with a drill press and an angle grinder), but we are lazy and using plasma leaves more time for beer.

We then tacked, test fitted pulled out welded up, and I went hey, we should take a picture of this:

Then installed on this:

List of mods to come in the near future:
Intake from Dave (Passenger)
Rhmt Exhaust manifold so we can get rid of the rest of the egr crap
Twins
Camshaft

Sorry for the lack of pics, I am really poor at remembering such things, someday maybe we will find someone that likes to drink beer and take pics.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

trevor72

• trevwhore
Re: New 2010 $65K truck gets some RHMT love
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 11:48:22 AM »

you are terrible with taking pics, like really really terrible.

if i wasn't 1000km away i'd come drink your beer stand around and take way better pics for you.

I want to see what the finish product looks like!

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 12:25:58 PM »

you are terrible with taking pics, like really really terrible.

if i wasn't 1000km away i'd come drink your beer stand around and take way better pics for you.

I want to see what the finish product looks like!

It looks like this:

But under the truck.  :P

This is why I don't even own a camera. The idea of taking pics rarely occurs to me.
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 01:32:40 PM »

Fab pics my ass, nothing going on there :P

Hey your fab bench looks like it came out of my shop.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 02:41:36 PM »

Being a canadian, I wouldn't be surprised if he stole it when you weren't looking.   :-*

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 02:42:17 PM »

There was beer drinking going on there.  :P

Yeah Mike has a few of those cases in his garage, make for kind of low, but usable fab bench's.

When is our intake coming? Or do I have to pick it up when I am down at the end of the month...  :P :P

Speaking of that intake, you should post it up here.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 02:43:12 PM »

Being a canadian, I wouldn't be surprised if he stole it when you weren't looking.   :-*

I tried, it didn't fit in the rolling gaybar so I put it back.  :'(

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 03:33:06 PM »

does that programmer override the filter bullshit?
and does that truck have the re-gen bullshit were you got to idle it for like 20 min
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 04:05:40 PM »

There was beer drinking going on there.  :P

Yeah Mike has a few of those cases in his garage, make for kind of low, but usable fab bench's.

When is our intake coming? Or do I have to pick it up when I am down at the end of the month...  :P :P

Speaking of that intake, you should post it up here.

Malcolm is testing the GHD, horn, and charge tube on Monday. I am trying to finish up the 5.9 model this weekend so he can test it on his friends truck, which currently has the BD one, as well as bd compounds. I'm thinking I'm gonna send trevor his stock parts back so I can get the banks shit I put on his truck to test with this shit. After all the testing is done I'll send you guys the first production models, they'll be a lot nicer.

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 04:15:40 PM »

Lol I was seriously wondering if you guys somehow took one from me, my boxes still have labels taped on them and everything, and they are the same make of the one you have there. I thought it was a crafty trick, but I couldn't figure out how or when would have gone missing. Its not like I would have noticed as I have lots of them but just walking out the door with one, very O0
lol

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 04:17:37 PM »

and does that truck have the re-gen bullshit were you got to idle it for like 20 min

Yup it prevents the code and the regen process, so you can pull all that shit out, which was the shit in the back of the truck.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 04:20:18 PM »

Lol I was seriously wondering if you guys somehow took one from me, my boxes still have labels taped on them and everything, and they are the same make of the one you have there. I thought it was a crafty trick, but I couldn't figure out how or when would have gone missing. Its not like I would have noticed as I have lots of them but just walking out the door with one, very O0
lol

LOL,

Yeah Mike uses those to haul his diagnostic equipment to job sites. It was one of his old ones that the padding had been fucked up on the inside. So now it is just a work bench.

mrgreengenes

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 12:43:45 PM »

Yup it prevents the code and the regen process, so you can pull all that shit out, which was the shit in the back of the truck.

And you get to enjoy doubling your fuel mileage...

SiFlyBy

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 08:45:31 PM »

Ill vouch for the H&S Blackmaxx. I have put a couple on 6.4L Fords and they are fucking sick! No DPF, no EGR.

Take more pics, I want to see how this build goes

hot coolant eats carbon, like a nigger eats chicken.
Pages: [1]   Go Up