:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Jay & Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Only in America,  (Read 2573 times)

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
Only in America,
« on: December 07, 2011, 01:12:29 PM »

http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=AP&date=20111206&id=14593094

LOL, they live in Johnny's Area, and he is going to be pissed.  :noel:

Some exerts:

SEATTLE (AP) - A Seattle chiropractor and his wife live in a $1.2 million waterfront home and have spent the past eight years flying to Moscow, Paris, Israel, Turkey, Mexico and the Dominican Republic.

All the while, federal authorities say, the couple was collecting more than $100,000 in welfare.

Now, the U.S. attorney's office is suing David Silverstein and Lyudmila Shimonova, accusing them of filing false claims and demanding that the couple pay back more than $135,000 in federal housing assistance since 2003. Prosecutors are also seeking tens of thousands of dollars in fines.

In gaining Section 8 housing assistance, Shimonova represented that she lived alone with her two children and that her household assets were less than $5,000. Silverstein received the monthly benefits of $1,272 as Shimonova's purported landlord, the government said.

Shimonova also received benefits under the federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program, as well as Social Security cash reserved for people who can't work due to age or disability and whose assets fall below a certain threshold — $3,000 for a married couple or $2,000 for a single person, the complaint said.

"Defendants have separately and, it appears, in conjunction with one another made false representations to various state and federal agencies in order to obtain federally funded benefits," assistant U.S. attorneys Harold Malkin and Kayla Stahman wrote.

Meanwhile, they were traveling the world, according to Department of Homeland Security records.

Michael Radyshewsky, a federal welfare fraud investigator, wrote in an application to search the couple's home that they took weeklong trips to Moscow in 2003, Dominican Republic in 2005, and Mexico and France in 2009. In 2007, they went for 12 days to Israel, and this past June they took a two-week trip to Turkey.

Silverstein said Tuesday his lawyer asked him not to comment, and his lawyer, David Allen, did not immediately return a message. The home did not appear to have a listed phone number, and Shimonova's lawyer, Michele Shaw, did not return an email seeking comment.

The investigation included surveillance of the three-bedroom, 2,300-square-foot home on Lake Washington, during which agents observed his black Jaguar parked there frequently.

Though Shimonova had claimed she was single and lived there alone, Silverstein listed it as his residence on his driver's license and passport application, the prosecutors said.

But in documents filed so that he could receive the housing assistance, he listed his office as his residence to conceal that he was living with Shimonova — not her landlord, they said.

Furthermore, it appeared clear that the pair was actually married. Silverstein wrote on the website of his chiropractic business: "On a personal note, I am happily married with two children, whose careers are in medicine and Middle Eastern studies. As a family, we all enjoy snow-shoeing, mountain climbing and ocean sports."

A report of the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle for the 2010 fiscal year listed "Mila and Dr. David Silverstein" as donors.

In addition to failing to disclose the marriage or living situation, Shimonova also failed to disclose bank accounts in her name containing tens of thousands of dollars, prosecutors said.

The lawsuit seeks to have the couple pay $11,000 in fines for each false claim the couple made. The U.S. attorney's office declined to comment on whether criminal charges are forthcoming.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 01:19:56 PM by 92CXyD »

jabberwock

Re: Only in America,
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 01:25:38 PM »

Wow.

But i will put this out there.  I have more of a problem with people who purposely put themselves at the bottom to draw welfare, wic, etc than i do with people who are legit and manage to pimp the system.  When ODB did it i laughed.  When people whose only ambition is welfare i get mad.

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 01:27:03 PM »

and the system did not catch this?
The clock doesn'#039#039t own me

Topless chick + dominos pizza + 750hp civic = epic win

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 05:41:06 PM »

This is no system, just a bunch of paid atomaton that stamp paperwork. This is nothing new, it's just they've started digging further than the daycare assistance fraud cases.

I do find it funny the guy is likely a :Jew:.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

slappynuts

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 08:40:09 PM »

The things in the news are the stupidest things to be pissed off about. If you want something to be pissed off about,be pissed off at what was done by the bankers with all the bailout money they received. Thats something you should be pissed off about,instead of this stupid puppet show on the news.

klyph

• Proletariat for Life!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 04:45:05 AM »

Jump on your electric bicycle and tour the dollar stores of America. Maybe go to the hometown of whoever the fuck invented hot pockets. America is out there waiting for you mike.

SDRAWKCAB

• D series BALLA!
  • Certified OG
  • Rhino
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 12:52:38 PM »

A report of the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle for the 2010 fiscal year listed "Mila and Dr. David Silverstein" as donors.
I have sex like a winning race car.
I always finish first and have left many disappointed.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 06:00:31 AM »

You can surgically donate your jewishness?  I had no idea.  I'm going to cut off Catsman's and see what it'll fetch on eBay.
Pages: [1]   Go Up