:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New record set the The Texas Mile!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1347 times)

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
New record set the The Texas Mile!!!!!!!!!
« on: March 28, 2012, 05:44:38 PM »

Wow a 2000bhp Ford GT doing 0-257mph in a mile!!!!!

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/hennessey-ford-gt-texas-mile-speed-record-2012-03-27

257.7 MPH Ford GT Standing Mile World Record - 2012 Texas Mile

In today's money, Hennessey tells us that equates to 2000hp - yup, you read that right - and a 0-62mph time of 2.9 seconds. As such, the team clocked up speeds of 216mph, then 228mph and 230.6mph on the final Friday run. On Saturday, the GT posted 246.8mph and later 250.1mph. In the cool conditions of Sunday morning, the team clocked the time of 257.7mph, apparently 4.6mph faster than the nearest competitive speed.

Nobody from Guinness was present to ratify it as a world record, but the current standing mile speed record was achieved by Johnny Bohmer from Performance Power Racing on 16 June last year in - surprise surprise - a modified Ford GT. He hit 223.42mph. That's 34mph slower than the Hennessey.

Mr Hennessey says he plans on submitting the record run data to Guinness, so we could be in store for a new world record. Watch this space...

Watch the video below, and then have a click through the gallery to see what a 2000hp Ford GT looks like.

hatchbone

• Certified OG
Re: New record set the The Texas Mile!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 11:13:09 PM »

if i won the lotto i would buy one just cause  :noel:

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
Re: New record set the The Texas Mile!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 02:21:01 PM »

Surprising it has the aerodynamics in stock form (I assume?) to go that fast safely/efficiently
Pages: [1]   Go Up